• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
respectfully disagree with all of you

but maybe our definition of "good" is just different

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Omni, that's a bit false.

Joe has made every pro bracket since Pound 5 and beaten tons of ranked players in and out of state.

I think joe could be at the top of MD/VA melee within a year, lie also.

Your brawl also won't get worse, it will probably improve your reaction time. That's how Azen and Chillin did so well at the start and then the smarter players started taking over
Thanks Scott, but I don't think I'd be at the top of Md/Va melee within a year. I would need to fully understand the game mechanics behind melee and the fact that I'd have to practice continuously could be hindering at times. I can't just hop on Wi-Fi to play people to learn. I'd have to find good Melee players or drive to them all the time to get practice, which I can't always do. I guess I'll play some melee at Xanadu when we have it on Tuesdays :bee:.
nah not really no one can improve drastically like in brawl and beat people randomly haha

it would take a lot more than that

if you think lie and seagull would be top in melee you have a very small view on how melee works
I understand it lol.
Well i mean, the learning curve is much easier now that we have 10 years of videos, knowledge, and forums to study

Before you all had to invent your own gameplay which made it much more difficult, the players at the top were those who were invented their own ideas

Now everyone has access to it so it is whoever is the fastest.
I don't know if I agree with this because even studying videos in brawl won't make people a lot better. Melee is less evolved, but more quicker paced and the ins and outs of the game will take awhile to understand.

Shield pressure, OoS game, reads, speed, fast pace, ability to move hands quicker, AT's, and understanding of game mechanics takes a long time to grasp. Most of the people who were good at brawl at it's beginning (And some currently) played melee first so they already understood most of the mechanics of smash, but melee is quicker paced. Brawl is more slowed down, but there is a learning curve in brawl (Just a smaller one). I could get "good" at melee, but it'd take some time and I'm not sure if a year would be enough time to get to the top of Md/Va melee with Chillin, Chu, Boss?, Tope, Travis, Vist, etc.

Also, I'm moving this summer so yea...

Edit: What is with Md/Va and being invisible???
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (7 members and 1 guests)
Seagull Man, hova

:018:

CTL17

Smash Lord
Joe, to where are you moving? I'll be back in EC after college, and I guess it's unfortunate that you'd be gone like this :/ I understand, though. Life is coming.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Joe, to where are you moving? I'll be back in EC after college, and I guess it's unfortunate that you'd be gone like this :/ I understand, though. Life is coming.
Different state for teaching lol. Feels good to be graduating this semester Chris.
Thanks hova

where would you all be without me to instigate random debates about nothing
:awesome:

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Hey Gimr,

no one is going to come on tuesday. Me, Seagull, EE, PS, Bionic, and others can't do it. You might as well not do it at all.

Yawn
We're gonna try anyways. I'm trying to get something started to help the local smash community. If 4 people can't make it, that sucks, hopefully they'll be able to make it eventually.

Omni

BRoomer
if u go you'll be stuck playing only vgbc while 20+ other people are playing 2d fighters

Jrugs

Smash Ace
if u go you'll be stuck playing only vgbc while 20+ other people are playing 2d fighters
But you'll save brawl. For just 2 friendlies a week you can save a dying game that really deserves more attention. Donate Omni

Omni

BRoomer
^this guy is soooooo optimistic
And I think quite a few people would enjoy playing some of the members of vgbc
/self

:phone:
lol, i came once, remember? it was just you, gimr, and aposl. gimr is usually too busy streaming Marvel and idk what your doing.

just sayin. dont think its worth it to travel to xanadu for melee/brawl with the current interest methinks

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Well compared to the other games its not really thriving either, and the game deserves better. if more people over the states took take the same initiative that GIMIR is taking the game would def be more respected by now, especially if people did it around late 2010-2011.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Omni, there are no fighting games Tuesday nights. It will only be smash. this includes melee(Hey Plank!)

and we'll be streaming it

Edit: I'm starting to absolutely hate the local smash community compared to the local fighting game community. We ***** about everything, we don't try to make things work. We aren't optimistic.

I mean hell, I'm trying to help by getting a venue to open up to us once a week so we can have a legit place to practice and I'm getting pessimism for the most part. I don't even play this game anymore and I'm willing to practice with people.

Omni

BRoomer
Well compared to the other games its not really thriving either, and the game deserves better. if more people over the states took take the same initiative that GIMIR is taking the game would def be more respected by now, especially if people did it around late 2010-2011.
yup

Omni, there are no fighting games Tuesday nights. It will only be smash. this includes melee(Hey Plank!)

and we'll be streaming it

Edit: I'm starting to absolutely hate the local smash community compared to the local fighting game community. We ***** about everything, we don't try to make things work. We aren't optimistic.

I mean hell, I'm trying to help by getting a venue to open up to us once a week so we can have a legit place to practice and I'm getting pessimism for the most part. I don't even play this game anymore and I'm willing to practice with people.
oh word, nice.

but yea the local fighting game community is a bit more consistent and older, gimr. i agree.

community tier list
melee
2D
brawl

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Xanadu knows the attendance is gonna be low. That's why we're hoping that we can make something out of it so it grows. Plus the Melee scene is pretty big and they're older so the likely hood of them coming out is greater.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I've always been optimistic Calvin and I support you 100%. I'll make sure to be there next Tuesday, but def not gonna stay past 10/11 as I got interning the next day. 5 hours of smash would be fun though :).

I'm bringing Shado so that's 2 people already. You should come to Steve cause I wanna play you.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
@hova: xanadu is staying open late so they are charging a 5 dollar venue fee.

@seagull: not next Tuesday but the Tuesday after next.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
lol, i came once, remember? it was just you, gimr, and aposl. gimr is usually too busy streaming Marvel and idk what your doing.

just sayin. dont think its worth it to travel to xanadu for melee/brawl with the current interest methinks
dude... you came on wed, you know when a marvel tourny is going on. this is set for tuesday... are you ignorant or just want to hate that hard?

Top Bottom