• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I'm thinking about hosting a Tournament this summer... Gonna use the whole house. Melee/Brawl both will be there.. I'll give more details later. Hit me up if you want more details or is interested in help running it.. =)
i would come for melee

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Seagull, Luckay, Bionic, me and EE are all interested heh

Logic and Lie should just pick it up too, GIMR played in the old days so we could just be back to old times.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
definitely Peach

yo so somehow operation get everyone to play melee is actually coming through. damn im good.

idk why logic would keep playing. he's clearly hit his peak

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I think 60 man melee tournament did a pretty good number to 20 man brawl tournament, imo. I think brawl can stick around here but honestly if no one wants to play, i can't help them. We even had first time brawlers at lie's (4 of them) and they probably wont' come back (they got last in events...or didn't enter at all.)

Omni

BRoomer
it felt really good seeing literally ****ing everyone.

- chillin
- chu
- tope
- chinesah
- plank
- doll
- boss
- wife
- husband
- omni
- hova
- thumbs
- boss
- korn
- hat
- dosv
- EE
- Btree
- Tant
- etc.

and then there were like... a ****ton of new guys i dont know that are apparently normals now. and an even more ****ton of new guys who are fairly new. and there was hype, oh ****, thats right. gotta upload the photos

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
played JRugs at Xanadu last night. He's pretty good.

BTW, I talked to the owner of Xanadu, we've basically decided to go with Tuesdays since that's really the only day they can do it. I'm sure the people that said they can't make Tuesdays will be able to eventually. Hopefully everything works out. we're gonna start the Tuesday after next Tuesday. Bring Melee, Brawl, Hacks, whatever you want. I'll post a thread next week

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i hit my peak because i lost to ally in canada? someone only pays attention to my losses, i beat there number 2 and 3 at apex and hope

boss is right, i'd play marth

i won't pick up melee because i the size of the scene is more important to me than the gameplay, although gameplay obviously plays a huge role. and with that said, i think brawl is more fun anyway

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hey Gimr,

no one is going to come on tuesday. Me, Seagull, EE, PS, Bionic, and others can't do it. You might as well not do it at all.

Yawn

Omni

BRoomer
also the size of the brawl scene in md/va is miniscule compared to the size of the melee scene

Kaffei

Smash Hero
definitely Peach

yo so somehow operation get everyone to play melee is actually coming through. damn im good.

idk why logic would keep playing. he's clearly hit his peak
psh i was already playing dis game before u started ur operation

but i am glad i switched :roll:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Hey Gimr,

no one is going to come on tuesday. Me, Seagull, EE, PS, Bionic, and others can't do it. You might as well not do it at all.

Yawn
I can go Tuesday. Who said I couldn't go Tuesday?
played JRugs at Xanadu last night. He's pretty good.

BTW, I talked to the owner of Xanadu, we've basically decided to go with Tuesdays since that's really the only day they can do it. I'm sure the people that said they can't make Tuesdays will be able to eventually. Hopefully everything works out. we're gonna start the Tuesday after next Tuesday. Bring Melee, Brawl, Hacks, whatever you want. I'll post a thread next week
<Will be there every week. I just need to bring a Wii right? They have Tv's?

I think Shado would come with me (Especially if someone brought Street fighter).
noone thought i would get good a brawl so sleep on my melee skill i dare you
*Laying down on a floor with eyes closed :troll:*

:018:

Omni

BRoomer
wouldnt enter till i could dp the advance stuff. i know i would be good. depends on if i have fun in it
noone thought i would get good a brawl so sleep on my melee skill i dare you
actually, yeah, you would be good in it. also, melee is more fun, yes.

id be interesting to see you come into the melee scene, but i dont think you'd grow fast enough. melee has like so many barriers and layers of skill level its redonkulous

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Lie went from losing to Poyo to Winning 50% of our tournaments

He beat everyone good at some point and has some nice OoS wins, I think Lie would be great at melee, lets goes I want to see it happen

Joe would be good too
There is a huge flaw in Lie's gameplay that couldn't transfer to Melee. Lie likes to sit in shield and camp. That isn't gonna work in Melee...

I use :sheikmelee:, :marthmelee: and :drmario: in Melee. :marthmelee: and :sheikmelee: are so simplistic.

My brother also plays Melee.

Edit: I love brawl and it is the only game I'll probably ever play competitively. I trained for so long to get to where I am now in brawl and switching to Melee would mean I'd be back to scrub status. Not to mention I'm getting my degree soon and don't have an amazing amount of time to spend training for a game that takes years to get good at. I'll try to learn Melee better, but I doubt I'll ever go to tourneys for it...

:018:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
There are lots of things in Brawl that carry over:

Z catching/insta throw
Power shielding
pivot grabs (though a bit harder)
Dash dancing
Up b out of shield
Up smash out of shield

Not much else though

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Gonna use :falcomelee: and :jigglypuffmelee: since my old mains when the game first came out :kirbymelee::pichumelee::roymelee: apparently suck balls. Gonna bring a disc from home and practice some. Melee skill may even help my brawl mentality. I already don't like how you have to play with tap jump on though.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
There are lots of things in Brawl that carry over:

Z catching/insta throw
Power shielding
pivot grabs (though a bit harder)
Dash dancing
Up b out of shield
Up smash out of shield

Not much else though
  • Powershielding in Melee is 1 frame. Brawl is 10.
  • Brawl you trip from dash dancing.
  • You have to input jump in Melee to Up b or Usmash OoS if I recall correctly (JC shiz).
  • Pivot grabbing involves true dashes in Melee, which is more difficult.
  • I don't know if Instathrow is in Melee.

Just talked to Shado. He is down for Tuesdays so count me and him Gimr~!

Really? That many people on invisible status?