• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
All infinites allowed...

Swear to God, first person to CP D3 on me will feel all 7 and a half inches of my week-old MK rage...

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
D3 doesn't have an infinite until after 100%, after 5 d-throws it stales and he has to pummel you in order to do it again. His pummel is low so you should be able to break out

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I've never even seen an mk abuse planking so much that he needs an lgl. He already ***** the cast anyway. I feel like nothing will change, or maybe it will just encourage other characters to abuse it like Will already has.
Fox kinda beats MK. trevonte tkd and m2k agree
faster than mk on the ground
nado sux he pops out too ez kirby is 99999% easier to suck in
dair to dsmash and dair to usmash are true combos (you have to be more frame perfect with usmash though) Dair deals anywhere from 20-21 frames of hitstun The landing lag on his Dair is 12 frames, which gives him anywhere from 8 to 9 frames to hit u with something. He can grab, shine, Utilt, Dtilt, Ftilt, Jab, Usmash, and Dsmash u out of Dair. (but u can still SDI out it's just not easy to react consistently imo)
usmash kills at like 82% fresh
lasers force me to approach unless there is no lgl and no scrooging rule
so many moves are unsafe on his shield cus he can usmash oos fking gey
his walking and sh/shad are like marth dash dancing in melee vs melee fox

then this is the part where ppl laugh at me

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Luckay, you should be ashamed of yourself for being in this.

All infinites allowed...

Swear to God, first person to CP D3 on me will feel all 7 and a half inches of my week-old MK rage...
Finally, you have an alt. About time. I knew everyone in FNB had pocket MK's, it was only a matter of time before they showed up.

Fox kinda beats MK. trevonte tkd and m2k agree
faster than mk on the ground
nado sux he pops out too ez kirby is 99999% easier to suck in
dair to dsmash and dair to usmash are true combos (you have to be more frame perfect with usmash though) Dair deals anywhere from 20-21 frames of hitstun The landing lag on his Dair is 12 frames, which gives him anywhere from 8 to 9 frames to hit u with something. He can grab, shine, Utilt, Dtilt, Ftilt, Jab, Usmash, and Dsmash u out of Dair. (but u can still SDI out it's just not easy to react consistently imo)
usmash kills at like 82% fresh
lasers force me to approach unless there is no lgl and no scrooging rule
so many moves are unsafe on his shield cus he can usmash oos fking gey
his walking and sh/shad are like marth dash dancing in melee vs melee fox

then this is the part where ppl laugh at me
Fox can beat MK, but it's not a OMG MK LOSES A MATCHUP situation. Fox has a lot of unique options that change the way metaknight has to play. Much like snake, MK is toast on the ground to fox, but also much like snake, this matchup will be about outlasting and securing a gimp on your opponent on 1 of the 3 stocks in the game to seal the deal. At worst for MK, this is an even matchup, much like snake. On Final, Fox/Snake win, but since that stage will never be a part of this matchup, MK wins the matchup over all.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Fox vs Mk. Lulz. I can pretty much say that this match up is probably the most entertaining thing to watch. Seeing an mk get mad and approach is always fun.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
i think it's 45:55 on neutrals and 60:40 on counterpicks
so even sounds about right to me

also that's wat im trying to do right now, noid

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Kaffei, you must've missed my post

If you can beat fox with mk, who cares! You have like 364 other viable characters to choose from.

Meep used to **** me witter fox and then we practiced the matchup for hours on end and it got much better. It's not a bad matchup.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
@ Korn. :( lol..
@ Gimr. I thought D3 had an infinite on DK and Luigi?
Dk, Luigi, Samus, Mario, Ganon, D3, Wolf, and Bowser all are basically infinites. Also, the Ness and Lucas GR is legal now, which means D3 probably could infinite them from Grab releases.
i think it's 45:55 on neutrals and 60:40 on counterpicks
so even sounds about right to me

also that's wat im trying to do right now, noid
Your insane if you think Mk loses to Fox. Final Destination is always banned by Mk's, which would be the one stage I might agree where it's "even". Smashville is very small, which makes catching Fox not as difficult. Battlefield has platforms Mk can abuse the hell out of. Yoshi's Island is weird for everyone and I don't know about this neutral. Fox SUCKS on Lylat. Counterpicks Mk has then at his disposal that are largely his favor: Halberd, Delfino, FRIGATE, RAINBOW CRUISE, BRINSTAR, Ps2 (lol?). Counterpicks Fox has to make it possible 45-55: Castle siege, Pictochat, and Ps1.

Just don't run into dumb **** and shield to beat Fox. Approach from the ground where Mk is faster...Fox is light as **** and it's pretty easy to avoid Dair>Usmash. Hell, you can DI his Dair up and out to not get Usmash'd. Wall him the same way you wall Falco.

M2k's opinions on matchups are also ******** almost always.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
"4. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation is not allowed and punishable by the TO."

Well that's good, if what happened to D1aos at pound happened again. Splitting isn't allowed though...? I'm sure that rule won't be followed.

I don't know if I like having Ps2 legal, but who would counter pick that anyway? Who benefits on Ps2?
Pit benefits on Ps2.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Can't wait for MK mains to man up and actually learn a MU instead of relying on albeit reliable gimmicks.
Can't wait for scrubby low tier mains to rinse the salt out their eyes and actually learn how to play to win instead of relying on albeit reliable gimmicks.

:cool:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Lmao. Too gdlk.

Except:

1.) I did beat him Game 2.
2.) Unfortunately, I spend 0% of time studying the Samus match-up because only 1/1000 people actually use her.
3.) DDD da bess.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Well not everyone can use the most broken character in the game as well as you Zak. Especially based on the new BBR-Rc rules. D3 is ****ing broken...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Dk, Luigi, Samus, Mario, Ganon, D3, Wolf, and Bowser all are basically infinites. Also, the Ness and Lucas GR is legal now, which means D3 probably could infinite them from Grab releases.

Your insane if you think Mk loses to Fox. Final Destination is always banned by Mk's, which would be the one stage I might agree where it's "even". Smashville is very small, which makes catching Fox not as difficult. Battlefield has platforms Mk can abuse the hell out of. Yoshi's Island is weird for everyone and I don't know about this neutral. Fox SUCKS on Lylat. Counterpicks Mk has then at his disposal that are largely his favor: Halberd, Delfino, FRIGATE, RAINBOW CRUISE, BRINSTAR, Ps2 (lol?). Counterpicks Fox has to make it possible 45-55: Castle siege, Pictochat, and Ps1.

Just don't run into dumb **** and shield to beat Fox. Approach from the ground where Mk is faster...Fox is light as **** and it's pretty easy to avoid Dair>Usmash. Hell, you can DI his Dair up and out to not get Usmash'd. Wall him the same way you wall Falco.

M2k's opinions on matchups are also ******** almost always.
How is SV very small.. ?
BF platforms so i dair all day? idk this never works for me against fox
YI that platform is stupid and this is not a good mk stage imo
I never play on lylat so idk
Idk how Halberd is my favor. I can shark but I die SUPER early there. Idk about Delfino but Frigate/RC/Brinstar definitely my favor

Why is castle siege 45:55

it's not just m2k.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Wtf.

June, mm me!

Also, I'm getting back into SC2. Trying to teach myself this hard but extremely fun and versatile build/strat. For those who still play, AIM me and help me out!

Top Bottom