• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA BTDT -Next- Xanadu, 8/27/11

chillindude829

Smash Master
shinku why is yo *** never on aim.

i randomly played eric (dycer eric) online in a championship match, i beat his gief w/ sagat LOL. but we played some friendlies after and he beat me overall hes pretty **** good

g-regulate

Smash Hero
I'd post it up toastman but this is for Brawl tournaments only :(.

However i owe you one bigtime for last week so you can put me down as 100% confirmed for your final event!! me + KM will be in full force.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Ah so not Brawl+...fair enough :) stick to your guns boy

and HELL THE **** YES YOU OWE ME XD!!!! Yessssss you and Kmeezy definitely need to be there!

I'm shooting for August 8th so this will be 2 days after my 25th birthday!!! I'm going to ask my parents if, for my present, they will let me house as much of the non-SoVa crowd as I can :)

Shinku

Smash Champion
shinku why is yo *** never on aim.

i randomly played eric (dycer eric) online in a championship match, i beat his gief w/ sagat LOL. but we played some friendlies after and he beat me overall hes pretty **** good
dude im always on aim.

yeah eric is mad ****ing good in sf4, he told me all about yall little rendezvous. he beats the **** out of me alot. i hate his characters with a passion

btw im sure you know Sagat counters Zangief LOL

g-regulate

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't try to attract more people to the C3 I am hosting on the 23rd, so here goes. I realize that Brawl in the Street was announced to be on the same day as this, but it's ok because the tournaments are roughly 2+ hours apart from eachother. I hope that both tournaments are successful and fun for everyone.

Just some info for MD/VA people, according to mapquest, the tournament is roughly 45 minutes North of Baltimore, MD, including around $7 in tolls via I-95. I encourage SF4/CoT4 players, people who live in upper Maryland close to Perryville, and people who have the entire weekend free, to enter Brawl in the Street. It looks great with such a large mix of games and i hope for its success.

However, anyone who doesn't want to travel as far or save a little cash, or if you only have time on Saturday to play, or if you JUST want to play brawl, I encourage you to come to C3. It's a fun, open, video-game themed area, always with lots of setups and competition to play. It's 30 minutes off of the west end of the beltway.

I'm running the C3's from now on and I understand there have been lots of complaints in the past, so please, voice your opinions to me IN PERSON. Every C3 I have run, everyone seems to be having a great time playing matches in a friendly atmosphere, and it's only on the boards prior to the tourney that I see the complaining. Other than that there hasn't really been any major issues I can think of. I can discuss your issues with the owner and hopefully some things can be changed for future tournaments.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't try to attract more people to the C3 I am hosting on the 23rd, so here goes. I realize that Brawl in the Street was announced to be on the same day as this, but it's ok because the tournaments are roughly 2+ hours apart from eachother. I hope that both tournaments are successful and fun for everyone.

Just some info for MD/VA people, according to mapquest, the tournament is roughly 45 minutes North of Baltimore, MD, including around $7 in tolls via I-95. I encourage SF4/CoT4 players, people who live in upper Maryland close to Perryville, and people who have the entire weekend free, to enter Brawl in the Street. It looks great with such a large mix of games and i hope for its success.

However, anyone who doesn't want to travel as far or save a little cash, or if you only have time on Saturday to play, or if you JUST want to play brawl, I encourage you to come to C3. It's a fun, open, video-game themed area, always with lots of setups and competition to play. It's 30 minutes off of the west end of the beltway.

I'm running the C3's from now on and I understand there have been lots of complaints in the past, so please, voice your opinions to me IN PERSON. Every C3 I have run, everyone seems to be having a great time playing matches in a friendly atmosphere, and it's only on the boards prior to the tourney that I see the complaining. Other than that there hasn't really been any major issues I can think of. I can discuss your issues with the owner and hopefully some things can be changed for future tournaments.

I guess I'll advertise mine too :chuckle:

If you want a 16,000 square foot venue with a tourney that starts at 12:00 PM as opposed to 6PM and charges the same amount for venue, then BITS is the tourney for you :)

But seriously, you don't have to come all 3 days. You could just come saturday. If less than then 100 people show up for Brawl we could finish before sunday.

Oh yeah, Me and my bro are only running Brawl and street fighter and pur friend is basically running SF brackets so we will be putting most of our time into brawl.

HYPE

PS: G-reg is awesome.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Looks like not too much right now, after monstars tourney we've got Toasty's thing in SoVA...

I think HAT should have a biweekly in June, because he's awesome
Chu Dat DOJO Yellow will probably happen in June
another woodbridge event will probably happen in June
and I would expect a C3 in June
So we will have action I'm sure

toasty

Smash Hero
June 13th is my LAST EVENT EVER.

I am moving to Georgia very soon and can no longer do the August tournament.

Brawl will be at this as well as Melee, Brawl+, and a BUNCH of other games [I'm not the main host, I was just asked to host Smash] and the venue is huge so space isn't an issue :)

Please come and bid farewell to your favorite SoVa bro ^_^

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233796

edit: dammit Kadaj >_>

also yeah I'm working on getting the venue to open earlier so we can do singles AND teams for Smash :)

g-regulate

Smash Hero
toasty i can add your tourney to the list but i need info:

-Entrance fees
-Schedule
-Ruleset

also, let me know what NAME to put the tournament under, because it's confusing to call the tournament:

"SOVA Presents: toasty & Kadaj Present: Melee & Brawl @ City Sound Media #2: Bash at the Beach!"

SOVAP:T&KP:M&B@CSM2:BATB

toasty

Smash Hero
lmao

you can call it: Toasty's Last Stand

I'll get you all of that in the next day or so as some things are still being discussed and I'm waiting on a Brawl ruleset from Kadaj since I'm not running Brawl

ah crap I need to get in touch with JCaez since he's running B+...sorry I've been way too occupied with trying to start up this business and find a house

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
lmao

you can call it: Toasty's Last Stand

I'll get you all of that in the next day or so as some things are still being discussed and I'm waiting on a Brawl ruleset from Kadaj since I'm not running Brawl

ah crap I need to get in touch with JCaez since he's running B+...sorry I've been way too occupied with trying to start up this business and find a house
Yeah I've been trying to catch you on AIM but you're never on.

I don't really like running the tourney itself but I'll still do the rules and stagelist and signups and stuff, and I'll run it if I have to. Anything for the plus.

toasty

Smash Hero
Dude you have NO clue.

The good news is that, since we're taking over the business weeks earlier than I originally thought, I may be able to get the business on its feet in time for me to fly out to Genesis =D

The tournaments are still going to happen, btw...or at least I HOPE :( I just know that I can't be running them.

Raikou-

Smash Apprentice
Dude you have NO clue.

The good news is that, since we're taking over the business weeks earlier than I originally thought, I may be able to get the business on its feet in time for me to fly out to Genesis =D

Something tells me that plane won't be landing.

TOASTY'S and everyone else on board LAST FLIGHT!

gallax

Smash Hero
so i found out that im going to VA june 11th and spending a few days there. so if there are any tournies being hosted in norfolk/newport news just let me know.

Top Bottom