• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA BTDT -Next- Xanadu, 8/27/11

PunchYoSelf

Smash Rookie
Did you go/miss WHOBO? Will you be at the next Houston Major/Epic Brawl/SF4 Tournament (HOBO 16/TYS 1) on May 2, 2009?

Reasons why to Come:

Its at Funplex. Venue can hold 400+ People + Arcade + Projectors
(Pictures of the venue--> http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/21913167)
All of the best SF4/Brawl players will be here! SF4/Brawl till 2am
WHOBO had 300+ players in attendence
Casuals being played (MVC2/SC4/SFHDREMIX/TVC/MELEE/3RDSTRIKE)
Out of towners Confirmed! (PRAXIS & SKY) Book your tickets NOW!!!

Excuses that are Banned:

I have job/work. SO TAKE OFF!
I have something important to do. Stop being scaredd and COME!
I have school work to do! Tell your teacher I said It was OK TO HOBO/TYS!

For more information about HOBO 16/TYS 1, Go to--> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142123 Or Go to--> www.smashbrostournaments.com/event/main/ See you there... NO EXCUSES!!!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
if i can get a ride to kadaj's tourney, that will come back saturday night, i'll go

otherwise, I'm not driving that far, i'll just chill here and probably go to someone's house to play smash for practice

chinesahh

Smash Lord
melee is dead

everyone complains about brawl

brawl + wont bring in numbers

so i'll play sf4 and wait for sc2

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Fixed. It's well alive everywhere else. And it should be alive here considering how many people ***** about Brawl over and over and still love playing Melee yet don't make an effort to play it. This region makes no sense.
Too bad you missed the last biweekly. We skipped Brawl and went straight to Brawl+, it was awesome.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
chu dat's dojo is in odenton, md

but also, BB&G/GIMR's tourney is coming up, that's very north and east MD, it's probably less than an hour from philly

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea i just saw the new dojo, if the date is changed (cause it conflicts with the brawl+ tourney im having, beyond the limit), im'a try and come out to it with some ppl. same for gimr's

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Time to update the page, here is what's coming up G-reg, this should make your life easier

May 16th- Chu Dat DOJO, Odenton, MD ($10 per tourney)
May 23rd- BB&C Brawl in the Street, Somewhere north and east, MD ($10 tourney)
May 30th- NWC presents summer smash, Hagerstown, MD ($10 tourney)

And with APEX being a $10 tourney as well, it's time we took ourselves seriously.

I can tell you for a fact at Chu Dat's DOJO Brawl+ will not be permitted to be played even as friendlies, unless we somehow have a major abundance of TV's.

BBC's event will have a Brawl+ tourney, as will APEX. If Brawl+ is your thing that's great, but it will not become a tourney standard. There is still some support for it, and we'll do events on the side for it, but we need to get better at BRAWL. I really don't like the fact that Atomsk can play in crew battles and take 8 stocks, as if he's seemingly way better than everyone.

The hagerstown event may be able to have Brawl+ friendlies, but it will be a Brawl only tournament.

We need to improve before APEX. And if we don't place at APEX, let's not get discouraged, but use 3 weeks of major tournaments to get ourselves back into a serious mindset.

I need to step my game. Waffle and I did some serious training yesterday in regular brawl. I'll probably be at Bmores, EE's, my house, and other places next week doing training.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Time to update the page, here is what's coming up G-reg, this should make your life easier

May 16th- Chu Dat DOJO, Odenton, MD ($10 per tourney)
May 23rd- BB&C Brawl in the Street, Somewhere north and east, MD ($10 tourney)
May 30th- NWC presents summer smash, Hagerstown, MD ($10 tourney)

And with APEX being a $10 tourney as well, it's time we took ourselves seriously.

I can tell you for a fact at Chu Dat's DOJO Brawl+ will not be permitted to be played even as friendlies, unless we somehow have a major abundance of TV's.

BBC's event will have a Brawl+ tourney, as will APEX. If Brawl+ is your thing that's great, but it will not become a tourney standard. There is still some support for it, and we'll do events on the side for it, but we need to get better at BRAWL. I really don't like the fact that Atomsk can play in crew battles and take 8 stocks, as if he's seemingly way better than everyone.

The hagerstown event may be able to have Brawl+ friendlies, but it will be a Brawl only tournament.

We need to improve before APEX. And if we don't place at APEX, let's not get discouraged, but use 3 weeks of major tournaments to get ourselves back into a serious mindset.

I need to step my game. Waffle and I did some serious training yesterday in regular brawl. I'll probably be at Bmores, EE's, my house, and other places next week doing training.

You forgot about the gamepad event on the like 9th

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
At the one in Hagerstown there will be melee singles in the morning. I figure since this region always asks for it, that we could at least provide it. Hopefully Melee singles will wind down around lunch time and people will be able to eat before we start up Brawl. This way we don't have 30 people in line for lunch.

If Tant can run a brawl tournament that started 3 hours late and still get it done by 7, I see no reason why we can't keep to a schedule and run three events in a similar time frame.

Also, if you want to have brawl+ friendlies you will have to bring wiis.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
To be exact, we weren't officially done at 7, we were almost done, we still had 4 people in the singles bracket, losers semis didn't take that long, but losers finals with grand finals could take up to an hour

And it was only 32 singles entrants and 12 or 13 teams

Edit: and no offense, but this gamepad tourney is filler for anyone who can't make it APEX, since that is the real deal that weekend, it'll be fun for those who end up going but not really credible as a top placing since most of the pros will be in NJ, although, I would've went to the next gamepad event had it not been on the same weekend. Maybe i'll go to something in june, he said he had a plan of some sort further north

g-regulate

Smash Hero
it'll be fun for those who end up going but not really credible as a top placing since most of the pros will be in NJ,
money is money!

majorly updated, thanks for the info tantalus. So many tournaments coming up!!! who wants to get better?!?! who can stop meeps infinite rampage?!?! who will break through from mediocrity to brawl fame?

wooot! stickied.

a question we should all be asking ourselves, and marinating on, throughout our daily lives : "Why is g-reg's jigglypuff better than most/all of my characters?" Think about it long and hard.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
^^The sticky? Yeah

mods steppin it

time for MD/VA to step it as well, especially me, time for training

Edit: Greg, I'll MM your jiggs with D3/Snake/ROB/DK take your pick

You'll obviously beat my MK

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
sure, just make sure the internet isn't bogged down, lag is frustrating enough

if i'm home tonight i'll use some form of internet communication to tell you to play some matches

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
SoVa would greatly appreciate it if more MD/VA people could return the favor and come to our tournaments for once [and not just The Originals with the one-time G-Reg/Hova sighting].

No Johns about the drive. Scoop up some gas moniez and leave at 6AM like I've done countless times.

Man up.

Top Bottom