• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA BTDT -Next- Xanadu, 8/27/11

metalmonstar

Smash Lord

Hosted by Metalmonstar and run by Tantalus. We got Melee and Brawl. Hope to see you there.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yo forte you should also change the BG color so it contrasts with Kirby. He kind of blends in too much

ChuDat

Smash Master
Upcoming dates:
1. ChuDatz Summer Melee TGIF Bi-weekly - May 29th
2. MetalMonstars Summer Smash and Hat Smash Bi-weekly - May 30th
3. Nothing for June 6th
4. ChuDatz and Woodbridge Presentzs: Epic of Woodbridge - June 13th
5. C3 June Judgement Day - June 20th
6. ChuDatz Presentz: ChuDatz Dojo - June 27th

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
oh yeah and about the 6th

I think nobody should host anything that day. We should all have a week off at some point. Just my opinion

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Someone host a Brawl+ tourney on the 6th. That way the ******* can still have a break <3

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
psh

someone host a brawl+ tourney on the 6th in the evening, i'd play in that

I gotta download the new codeset at some point, and play it again, haven't played it since before apex

g-regulate

Smash Hero
most popular character specific forums on smashboards (by post)

Sonic (82K)
Marth (51K)
Ike (40K)
Lucario (37K)
Toon Link (32K)

Least Popular

Bowser (13K)
Donkey Kong (14K)
Wario (16K)
ICs (17.5K)
Luigi (17.6K)

just random facts cause im bored

chillindude829

Smash Master
****, just shows that a characters popularity doesnt indicate how good they are. not that anyone good goes to the character specific forums anyway its just a cesspool of noobs

g-regulate

Smash Hero
looks like no brawl next weekend..... maybe!?!?!???

2 MD tourneys yielded almost 50 total peeps. gotta get everyone together in the same place!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
What happened to all the house tourneys MD/VA used to have? I remember a time when house tourneys ruled the day and venue tourneys were in danger of dying, and now it's reversed. Not that I'm complaining, just noting.

Next weekend has no tourneys happening so I figured it would be a great time to host a dedicated Brawl+ tourney. I would gladly host one, but I don't have a venue. I would host one at my house, which could easily handle a medium/large-size tournament, but I live way out in the boonies and no one would come. Does anyone else know of a venue (or house) we could use?

Side-note: Is anyone looking to move to the Silver Spring/Greenbelt/Northern DC suburbs area in the near future? My roommate fell through. Hit me up on AIM.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Side-note: Is anyone looking to move to the Silver Spring/Greenbelt/Northern DC suburbs area in the near future? My roommate fell through. Hit me up on AIM.
You sent your pig to the slaughterhouse? D=

Edit: I hate that when you quote people your signature automatically pops up.

Anybody up for smashing on Thursday? I'm taking an SOL I don't need to pass (so I'm not going to bother taking it) so I'll be free most of the day.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I will be hosting a tournament at a new lan center along with Chudat in the near future. I'll keep you updated G-Reg once we settle on a date.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
^^^not entirely true, but yeah for the most part if there is an event either HAT, me, or Chu is associated with it

woodbridge has done good to step it up though with tourneys, and we have C3 and maybe bolts place for monthlies, and then we need some other tournies

lets step it up

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I completely agree. I am shooting for a Tourney per month.. so as long as Tant, Myself, Woodbridge, G-Reg, and Chu can keep things going, we should be seeing great improvement from many players.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I know you did. And I never took it personal.

it's all jokesies
lol.. you know that Jokes aren't in my field of knowledge.

"Bolt Takes Everything Seriously." I'll eventually lighten up... it's just my Halo 3 Instincts. :(

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
lil_b, seriously that was kinda uncalled for

i'm not driving anywhere this weekend as mentioned, that's the point of an off weekend

anyone close by who would like to play brawl+ or otherwise should come here. It's not like we're splitting the tourney scene or anything lolz

Top Bottom