• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MBR Official Rule Set

Merkuri

Smash Lord
So at a norcal tournament they extended the doubles stage list. I hope this catches on. It's the best thing I've seen in melee since Armada.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Im running a MW tournament with a bunch of legal stages and 2 bans. Kels, Cosmo, Tink, R bros, ect should be there.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I just thought of the f4ggiest way of stalling which is with puff @ DK64 rising pound side ways off and on the screen while being a stock ahead and falling into the barrel when about to fall through the whole match... Would this be allowed? or banned?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
stalling with peach's bomber and rising pound is explicitly banned by most (if not all) tournaments

Smasher89

Smash Lord
It´s the definition of poundstalling, so no, that isnt something you can use, though pressuring through the floor like Metaknight does with uair on delfino plaza in brawl is only using a good position so you could do that, but the ledge is preferred like all the time (except against ICs).

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I just thought of the f4ggiest way of stalling which is with puff @ DK64 rising pound side ways off and on the screen while being a stock ahead and falling into the barrel when about to fall through the whole match... Would this be allowed? or banned?
If you do this without pounding then it should be legal.

john!

Smash Hero
If you do this without pounding then it should be legal.
oh my ****ing god

next time i have to face a mindless technical spacy

cp to kj64 -> take the first stock -> go in barrel and shoot myself upwards offstage -> parasol and wait for barrel to come back -> repeat

there is hope for me yet

god i'm a douche

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
oh my ****ing god

cp to kj64 -> take the first stock -> go in barrel and shoot myself upwards offstage -> parasol and wait for barrel to come back -> repeat

there is hope for me yet

god i'm a douche
I will lol when they beat you to the barrel....and you die....haha

lol some people just get satisfaction from mini modding

no worries
I didnt realize it was a sticky, i got to the thread through the USER CP and was drunk...
Don't jump to conclusions

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
oh my ****ing god

there is hope for me yet

god i'm a douche
PLAY TO WIN SON!

I want to see this happen.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Karn(Red Fox) wins.

Imagine a situation where Falcon Raptor Boosts a Peach off stage as an edge guard, both on last stock. She's obviously dead but Falcon falls faster and dies first. Its your own fault if you fail to stay alive while your opponent is dying

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
another idiot that doesn't know the difference between camping and stalling...

protip: don't post brawl in a melee thread, there's no reason this thread should be locked because incompetent people who can't read have to post in it.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
is this air camping or stalling please watch this vid and give me some feedback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilp5c7ZaTcM
Brawl and Melee are vastly different when it comes players opinions on camping.
That is indeed camping though...

another idiot that doesn't know the difference between camping and stalling...
I see, so you show your expansive knowledge by flaming someone that was just asking a question?
What got into your underwear?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
is this air camping or stalling please watch this vid and give me some feedback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilp5c7ZaTcM
neither. Both players spaced each other for 7 minutes and 30 seconds, then in the last 30 seconds puff got a lead and went "oh all i have to do is last 30 seconds with this lead". There was no stalling, she didn't rising pound at the top of the level where u can reach. There was no camping (as far as brawl goes), puff had no intention of fighting in the last 30 seconds (camping involves a scenario where one player "camps" until the other player does something they can punish)

in melee terms, hyrule temple. if you get a lead and run away all game, you aren't camping, you are just running away.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
neither. Both players spaced each other for 7 minutes and 30 seconds, then in the last 30 seconds puff got a lead and went "oh all i have to do is last 30 seconds with this lead". There was no stalling, she didn't rising pound at the top of the level where u can reach. There was no camping (as far as brawl goes), puff had no intention of fighting in the last 30 seconds (camping involves a scenario where one player "camps" until the other player does something they can punish)

in melee terms, hyrule temple. if you get a lead and run away all game, you aren't camping, you are just running away.
if u have no intention of fighting. and aren't doing things like throwing attacks or projectiles or not attempting to bait. u are merely just wasting time aka stalling.

camping is waiting for your opponent to mess up or approach.

two players spacing the whole game is just playing safe really.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
If u want to call it stalling, go ahead kaostar. I still don't think the definition of stalling includes someone running away and jumping over people like fox does on dreamland all the time.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I didn't see any stalling or camping. Looked like a typical brawl match to me except apparently the mario player doesn't know you can double jump to shoot fireballs farther.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Ok i still find it weird about Stage striking
I'm gonna be running a tournament this Saturday(Melee tourny only) and i find it weird about stage striking. :O
and ill be going by these rules so lets see how it turns out

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
they removed RC and Brinstar but left KJ64.

I'm all for a 6 stage map pool, 5 stage strike, but not everyone is sold on the idea.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I'd be down for that too. The list keeps getting more and more conservative but this thread's list is stuck between a liberal list and a conservative one. IMO they should just do what you said OR they should make the list a bit more liberal like it was prior to 2009 (reallowing poke floats, mute city, corneria, jungle japes).

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I'd be down for that too. The list keeps getting more and more conservative but this thread's list is stuck between a liberal list and a conservative one. IMO they should just do what you said OR they should make the list a bit more liberal like it was prior to 2009 (reallowing poke floats, mute city, corneria, jungle japes).
i miss corneria so much :[

Top Bottom