• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May 24-25 - Everybody Loves Manko: Season 2

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Hey, guys, it was fun at the tourney. I've got the full brackets, but they're on Ansel's computer. I'll post them once I get back to Jacksonville... Shouts! :chuckle:

C-PO: Good **** in doubles! Team Rapeman Jenkins is getting too ****! Just keep at it for singles. Snake is too fun! ;)

XOFF: Getting drunk before the tourney is fail. Good stuff though.

Ansel: You suck for not entering the tourney again... Thanks for letting us use your laptop. Stop being afraid Fearless's Lucas. :laugh:

Fearless: I'm typing this on your computer and you're johning about no one giving you shouts (and Summit). Best Olimar in FL for the time being, wut? Thanks for that dollar, by the way. Thanks for the ride, even though you already heard it. Stop being a "jerk" just because I'm typing this on your computer.

Manko: At least the whole thing didn't turn out to be a bust. Thanks for being professional about it and keeping your cool. I know that I would've been mad pissed.

Nero: Thanks to you and your roommate for letting us do the tourney at your apartment. Those MK dittos were the stuff, heh.

Loto: Why didn't you come, loser?

Monk and Lime: It was cool chilling with you guys. The tourney was ran really smoothly after we decided on a new place. You guys should have stayed. :( Oh well, I'll see you at the next Gigs.

xYz: Good stuff today! Your G-dub still eludes me, heh. Maybe at the next Gigs, I'll figure it out.

Rx-: Cockroaches are the new MK counter, imo. Those were some fun dittos. You should have played in singles so we could rep it up as the best MKs in FL. :chuckle:

Rest of TNT: It was cool seeing you guys, but it would've been awesome if you stayed for singles... :urg:

GameDragonX: That was a fun pizza (dollar) match! Keep working on that monkey. He's going to get too ****!

Force: Don't quit, man! Just keep at it and pick up Snake. ;)

hungrybox: Those were some good games. Techchasing and edgeguards are too good. I definitely need to work on that matchup. I love how I burned through the loser's bracket to play you again, heh.

h1roshi: I hope you stop johning sooner rather then later (especially the johning about the inability to be able to john due to the community's thoughts about johning). This is all I ever hear you do. I wish you luck though. I hope your training pays off at the next Gigs. ;)

Dudes from St. Augustine: lol wut? Where was my MM, by the way? :confused: Oh, and how about a crew battle between you guys and OWNTU?

If I missed anyone, my bad. I'll update this junk if so. Sleepy johns... :(

R4ZE

Smash Ace
Sorry the st.aug crew decided to peace out, none of us got too much sleep the night before. All of us except mstry just came for the casuals anyway. I had fun using my sonic against some really talented players. For the most part everyone was really cool.

G-money- It's kinda rough, my finger wasn't glued to the B-button at birth, your going to have to give me some time to catch up to your "skill".

Fearless- thanks for the compliments on my sonic, means a lot coming from a talented player.

Xoff- we should definately put together some brawl events in our local area. so i can learn 2 fight r.o.b.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Shout outs
----
Manko- Good job running the tournament man...you're still the best tournament host in my opinion Free soda/water, a 1 dollar pizza...with General Tso's Chicken too good man

Nero- Good job living minutes away from Suki's. Lime and I were considering going but in the end we decided to bail

xYz- Good job taking first...didn't get to play too many matches against you but maybe next time

Force- I only played like 2 matches with you before we got kicked out but your Link is sick man

Fearless- your Olimar is good man. good matches, fun time at Denny's, I'm sorry I took your "bed" but it seemed to perfect not to take(I did you a favor those chairs sucked so much)

Gmoney- I only played 1 match but your MK is sick. Category 5 > Mario but no johns. fun time at Denny's I hope I get to hang out with you at a Gigabits or another tournament in the future

Hbox- Good job taking second in Melee and Brawl

Harriet the guy- Thanks for ****** us in Mario Kart 64

Rx- Thanks for the Metaknight practice I needed that more than anything

Lime- Keep practicing you'll get better

sYm- Didn't show up so no Rick Ross...If you had shown we probably would have stayed but whatever man you got things to do too

if I forgot anyone I'll add them later

OTRU...

Smash Champion
Otru: nice seein you again too. btw how come y'all didn't stick around for singles? i think me and gmoney are gonna borrow brinstar as a counter pick from now on ;)
We left because Skrach and I had already decided from the beginning that we didnt want to enter singles because we dont enjoy playing singles in brawl, it sucks for Rx cuz I know that he wanted to enter but I couldn't wait 4 more hours in that tiny aptmt... So from now on im just playing teams and meleeeeee!!!!!! my melee sheik is getting mad good!!!

Col Bol

Smash Champion
I had to leave Saturday night because my brother came home from Scotland yesterday, so we did family activities and such...

_Raef_

Smash Apprentice
Good **** guys, thanks NERO!

Pink - Good ****, but we did BAD in doubles, its all good though we'll pick it up next time...

Abe - You shoulda came, it took a lot longer than expected though (because of the move to Nero's)

Kamano/DeCT - You guys gave us a run for our money in teams, good **** in doubles and singles.

GDX - Always a pleasure man, lol...

Force - Inspiring performances, relax, and be patient man, you're the BEST Link.

XoFF - Good ****, I consider you and Pink to be the best ROBs I've seen.
Game & Watch and R.O.B. are an EVEN macthup!

C-PO - Thanks, and good friendlies man, good ****...

xYz - Good ****, congrats, and thanks for repping G&W where I couldn't...

GodMeowMix - SICK Toon Link, I didn't **** you man, both our games were close.

Being kicked out of Manko's venue was G*A*Y as well as having the COPS called on us...
Thanks again Nero for being generous enough to host it at your apartment.
And **** MetaKnight!

Me...

Smash Rookie
Fearless- Your olimar is vicious... your family is amazing cool.. And Music For The Win

G-Money- You owned life... and the yellow pikman can grab the edge no matter whos gaurding it... sup!

C-Po: Chip you look different but I wasn't sure... nehow gj taking 2nds in teams; BLACK POWER!

Xoff: Cody, did you know that our crew name is 200% mind games :O; you are the King of Rob woot!

Hiro?: Thz for driving me back... them cheesy tots are the stuff

Manko & Nero thz for the tournament

Ducky: That's me... thz for the use of your amazing laptop and thz for comign to the tournament.. your amazing yep yep yep

C-PO

Smash Apprentice
We left because Skrach and I had already decided from the beginning that we didnt want to enter singles because we dont enjoy playing singles in brawl
Yeah i feel yah on that one. it took a couple of my crew members to talk me into playing singles. At this point i'm not even sure if i should have. it's not that fun imo

C-Po: Chip you look different but I wasn't sure... nehow gj taking 2nds in teams; BLACK POWER!
yeah i shaved. i told my barber i wanted a chin strap and a goatee like snake lol. thanx for letting us use your laptop btw

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Kamano/DeCT - You guys gave us a run for our money in teams, good **** in doubles and singles.
Eh, we didn't do too hot in either (lol @ last place in doubles), but like I said, our first match against you guys was awesome. I suppose for it being mine and Dect's first tourney we didn't do too bad, and now we know better what kind of competition to expect. :D

And **** MetaKnight!
Amen

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
LOL @ random n00b complaing about Gmoney's MK.
If by chance that comment was directed at myself or Raef; I personally wasn't complaining about anyone in particular's Meta, just that there were god knows how many MKs EVERYWHERE. At least 2 different times during the tourney myself and Dect looked around the room and noticed something. There was at least one MK per TV, and in doubles, there were 2 on a few of them.

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
rofl dude if u blaze with me i guarentee you wont win against me...but yea its gonna go down 4sure!

me and raef were playing pretty well and beating a lot of ppl at sheers mini smash fest before the last gigs, and i was loaded on redbull vodkas while i was playing =) the next day xoff is like "umm so were you drunk last night when you were playing me?"

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Shout OUTS / Wall o Text

thanks for the shout out guys, I didn't want manko's tourney to go to waste, and I had fun running it with manko.
BIG UPS TO NERO and VIC for letting us use their apt for the tourney. enjoy the entry fee!!

GOOD **** TO EVERYONE.

for real brawl haters should attend melee tourneys. buyt anyway ma boi xyz ***** as expected
TRU N1GGUHH!!

Can i get some feedback from the people i faced at the tournament, i was the...only...bowser player there lol...i think i faced people like ree, xYz, force, and some others, just thought i'd like some positive feedback, or constructive critizism, thanks.
Best bowser i've played so far... took a match off me first round. I was completely surprised.
I dont play bowser so I dunno what tips I could really give you. I guess try to be a lil more defensive. ??

i know what u mean h box i felt the same way at gigs

metas

llol

Im glad some people added a little variety with snake and rob and Gn W

Good job Xyz i knew u would own this
truuuuuuuuuuuuuu

i get 1st place for being hungover, i threw up outside the apartment lol.
never mix strawberry soda and rum. it doesnt work.

ima hit the shout outs later. ggs
Tru, this guy is II good for hangover johns

LOL, I knew Will was gonna win and Juan 2nd.

No Darrel?

Wtf.
<3

Good **** RXYZ on winning teams, I knew that would happen!
Ooooooooooooooooo TRUuuuuuuuuu
Good ish Will, you're definitely the most consistent of the CFL smashers at the moment!!!

Wish John could have entered!!! :(

Did Colin enter singles???

:colorful:
thanks buhday!!

- Yo xYz, stop winning, man.

- And Nero, are you the Shikamaru player from Willvolution?
ok fine. :p

I was gonna make xyz stop winning...

Grrr, so close...

GG's mate

-hbox
honestly I was completely surprise on your ****. I was kinda owning you earlier and then outta no where you got beast in Finals. Props to you, and I FvCKING HATE KIRBYCIDES... that **** gets on my last nerve... so sorry for being pissed... :mad:

HBOX 3-2 Grand Finals 1st set
xYz 3-1 Grand Finals 2nd set

RxYz is a nasty team. :bee:

R4ZE

Smash Ace
LOL @ random n00b complaing about Gmoney's MK.

Also, Abe, the next Gigs we need to toke son, I know you're down, right?
LoL @ random pole jocker

this thread isnt the place. but gmoney called me out. i guess ill just end it by saying:

don't worry gmoney I'm sure we will have future matches.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
No Darrel?

Wtf.

Wow, I got a shoutout for a tourney I didn't even attend. I like it.

Yeah, in the end, this was a long way away...I only had like one person to drive over with...and my girl and I decided to hang out.. I'll catch the next tourneys around here, though.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
hahaha. are we still johning about MK?

lol grow up and learn to play this game.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
it's possible gmoney, we really should just do some kind of other event more local to us. Me and my crew have been driving quite a bit for these tournaments and i think we could use a small break from the distance.

and I don't deal well in giving away my money, so until i learn the game more and feel like i have a chance at beating MK's tornado, I dont think i am going to money match you.

I'm not too worried about it though. yeah... i'm just gona not respond to these other kids....
-my last post should have resolved that. So read up.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
it's possible gmoney, we really should just do some kind of other event more local to us. Me and my crew have been driving quite a bit for these tournaments and i think we could use a small break from the distance.

and I don't deal well in giving away my money, so until i learn the game more and feel like i have a chance at beating MK's tornado, I dont think i am going to money match you.

I'm not too worried about it though. yeah... i'm just gona not respond to these other kids....
-my last post should have resolved that. So read up.
You guys should definitely come up to the UNF gameroom or something at some point. By the way, the next Gigs isn't until 06-21-08, so you do have a break between major tourneys. Anyways, I'm pretty sure that OWNTU would be down for a crew battle or smashfest with you guys for fun, pride or money, heh. :chuckle:

I'll play you with my Wario in a $5 MM, if you want, heh. ;) Either way, I can help you out with the MK matchup whenever, if you wish. MK isn't that bad.

Keep at it though, man. Your Sonic has potential.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
SHOUTOUTS *****S

G $ - Good ****, bro. Fun moneymatches... I guess. Fun rides there and back. Nice to see OWNTU tearin' it up. Definantly best MK in florida. CATEGORY 5.

Ansel - Bro if you don't enter the next tournament I'm going to be so pissed. <3'd the bonding in the car after the tournament, lmao. Scary lucario.

XOFF \ Cody - Good **** in teams. We definantly kicked that ****'s ***. Was cool chillin' with you, wish there was something besides black clubs. Best ROB in FL hands down.

C PO - Fun times @ Steak n Shake. Your snake is scary...... you can actually beat me now.

Nero - Thank you soooooo much for the use of the room, we all appreciate it.

xYz - Good ****, man. You're so consistant. Scary *** GW.

Hbox - Close as hell set haha. Fun luigi's match with a lag Fsmash and a STAGESPIKE. Delfino suckkss.

Rx- - I liked how you were scared of me in teams. You're a cool guy tho, sign up for singles next time.

Monk - You're dumb for not signing up, the place was 5 minutes away and everyone else just went there. Sick as hell mario, though.

GodMeowMix - Sucks we had to play each other so early. Your TL impresses me like crazy now. Olimar's a tough matchup for him.

GDX : Your diddy sucks.... yep that's it

Force : Your link is ****in outstanding. Keep it up, it'll place well. And tell GDX ty for the TV and recordings.

Cool time, ty xYz for takin ova da tournament.

Nerodragoon

Smash Apprentice
this thread depresses me because none of my shout outs mentions my skill at the game lol. though understandable since i was one of the countless mk's.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
since I didn't compete, I only know of two ROBs there.

I didn't see you play Nero, but of course the main thing people will thank you for is the use of your apartment. Now that I know you live so close to me, we should get some friendlies sometime.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
LoL @ random pole jocker

this thread isnt the place. but gmoney called me out. i guess ill just end it by saying:

don't worry gmoney I'm sure we will have future matches.

LOL @ random nub callin me random

this thread depresses me because none of my shout outs mentions my skill at the game lol. though understandable since i was one of the countless mk's.
Don't worry, we need MKs to tell us who all the Brawl scrub(people who never atteneded Melee tourneys cuz thier were failures)are.

Top Bottom