• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May 24-25 - Everybody Loves Manko: Season 2

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670

Date: May 24th & 25th (Sat=Melee, Sun=Brawl)​

Rules:
  • Double Elimination Brackets.
  • Brawl = 3 stock - Melee = 4 stock
  • 8 minute timer for all.
  • Best 2 out of 3 (3 out of 5 for winners/losers/grand finals)
  • Dave's Stupid Rule (no stage is played twice in any set)

Melee Stage Selection: Standard Rules.​

Brawl Stage Selection:
  • Neutral / Random: Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Yoshi’s Island
    (Teams only: Delfino Plaza)
  • Counter Pick Stages: Battleship Halberd, Brinstar, Castle Siege, Frigate Orpheon, Great Sea, Green Greens, Jungle Japes, Luigi’s Mansion, Norfair, Pokemon Stadium 1, Rainbow Ride
    (Singles only: Delfino Plaza – Teams Only: Corneria)
  • Banned Stages: Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Distant Planet, Donkey Kong Arcade, Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Hyrule Temple, Mario Bros. Arcade, Mario Circuit, Mushroomy Kingdom, New Pork City, Onett, Pictochat, Pokemon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Drive, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses Island, Sky World, Spear Pillar, The Summit, WarioWare, Yoshi's Island [pipes]
    (Singles Only: Corneria)

Teams Results: (12)
1. Rx- & xYz - RxYz ($168)
2. G-Money & C-Po - Rapeman Jenkins ($48)
3. OTRU & Doc - Failmax ($24)
4. Xoff & Fear - Awkward...?
5. Kyon & Skratch - A.N.U.S.
5. H-Box & Hiroshi - Gayer Than Hungry Box
7. Pink & Raef - Day Break
7. C-Ro & Nero - Team Ro
9. Barib & Key - **** 'n Balls
9. Galuda & Ryoma - Balies
9. GDX & Force - G-Force
13. Dect & Kamano - Downsmash

Singles Results: (24)
1. xYz ($252)
2. H-Box ($72)
3. G-Money ($36)
4. Pink
5. Nero
5. Hiroshi
7. Raef
7. Xoff
9. C-Po
9. God Meow Mix
9. Fear
9. Ryoma
13. GDX
13. Kamano
13. Ree
13. Galuda
17. Lobo
17. Dect
17. Key
17. Winter
17. Barub
17. Force
17. Samus FTW
25. Saint Anger (No bye)​

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I plan on coming this time. I was owned by my workplace and was "accidentally" scheduled to work for the last one. With this much time for planning, I hope I can be there for both tournaments (I usually work on Sundays).

I can bring a Wii and a power strip.

The usual group should be coming with me: freddy & Monk; sYm may want a ride and I haven't heard from Slim in a while...

If I do end up working on Sunday, how long are you keeping everyone for friendlies?

Zoro

Smash Champion
I will totally go
but im not sure if im having my graduation on one of these days

omagad melee and brawl? too good

im kinda scared to go into that place to stay tho
it looks scary as hell
and hiroshi swears he heard a voice callin his name when he was in the bathroom

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
I'll ask off for this, just in case we decide to go (chances of that are pretty good, methinks)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Well with the previous tournament, I technically only rented the place for Saturday but since the office is closed during the weekend I had to get the key friday and return it monday. So basically it'll be open all day for both days. I'll also be able to house Friday night, but it has to be after 6:00pm since the office closes then.

Now this time I'll most likely have to pay to rent the 2nd day since it'll probably be hard to be discrete with such a large group. There should be a ton more people though so I should get my money back.

edit: man you guys post quick, I was just trying to reply to Lime. :)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I will definitely 100% be there. Guaranteed I'll bring my wii...not sure about the TV

Zoro

Smash Champion
Switch brawl and melee around
I think alot more people would come for a brawl tourney and sunday is never a good day to have a tournament.

imo

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I figured I'd split the two games on two separate days so that if people are only interested in Melee, they don't have to stay for Brawl.

I could go either way though. If more people prefer Brawl Sat / Melee Sun over being Melee Sat / Brawl Sun then so be it. I figured Melee might be the more popular of the two though since not everyone likes Brawl as much, but we all pretty much played Melee competitively. Hence, I gave it to Saturday.

btw, my birthday is May 22nd, so you guys don't have to say happy b-day just yet. thanks though. ;)

Zoro

Smash Champion
well its cool however u guys wana do it

I dont know if ill be able to attend both but having another melee tournament would be awesome.

I think most of wato cant go on sunday

as hiroshi has a job and so does vericz, me hungry and marin are parent screwed and uuaa is gay. Ray and at & t might be able to but i doubt it.

Im the type of person that doesnt like to drive
so if nobody stays for sunday neither can I.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
The days are fine. Either way, I will be asking for both days off, so I should be able to go to both.

on another note: New sig, fellas! WOO HOO! (made it myself)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
hmmm...

well keep voting on the Sat/Sun flop and let me know of any issues. I'd hate for WATO to miss Brawl if they prefer it, for example. Though with this much notice, I hope most people will be able to come for the full weekend anyway.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Wow, may 24-25th, I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This sounds absolutely amazing. You are a special man, Manko, special man!!!

I think zoros right, since brawls the new game, I agree with him that saturday would be better for brawl, but you know what... IDC xD, ima be there the whole weekend!! Yes!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!

what a great way to start my summer xD, an you will recieve a birthday present ****it!!!!

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I'll be there as long as I can get some people to come with me. Sounds like a pretty cool event. I can bring a Wii + Brawl and/or Melee if needed.

As for the order I don't really care because if I go I'll most likely be there for both days.

derf

Smash Ace
hey good **** joe. ill be there for melee (school pending). also, ill try to give brawl a shot prolly after the melee tourney. maybe getting ***** will make me like the game more

i dont have any huge preference as of right now for which goes on which day. if you have melee first ill come saturday and then play sunday by ear. if its melee sunday, ill prolly just show sunday b/c im lazy like that

edit: i guess if were voting, id vote for melee saturday

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
This sounds really fun manko good shi1t.

ill be sure to come with a few...

i dunno what my melee game will look like rofl i play brawl so much...

im not your guy buddy

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
Hell yeah. I finaly have a chance to go to a big Brawl tourney.
Hey Lime, if ya can get both days off, I can probably make both days too. Just a little negotiating and I'll be good to go and lose all my monies! =D

derf

Smash Ace
yeah guys since this is over summer, people who dont live in tampa need to travel b/c i went to some ampa tournaments last summer and it can get barren lmao. no johns, queen. youre like 90 minutes away

Top Bottom