• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Thread: WHAT TIME IS IT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky`

Smash Lord
I am not sure Sky is up there like that. Idk anything about him or what he places in tournaments. And I never heard of PEepo.

You have more range than Peach so that's how you can out space her. But her spacing has range as well and it is fast. Edreese would have to speak for himself on this but I never had a problem out spacing DK when I needed too. Also to screw up his spacing, I throw a turnip for w/e reaction comes out of the player then go in for my spacing.
What is up with the peach community hating on me so **** hard?

Daruku.Pichi-San

Smash Cadet
45-55 is a notable advantage at all. It’s … neutral. Srsly.
if it comes off like that then fine, i'll say 60-40 Peach

I'd like to let everybody know, that DK Pretty much ***** Peach.
I consider myself to be a good peach player.
And CBK Stuck his donkey **** in my Peach, and pretty much 2 stocked it, twice. Once on a level that He wasn't supposed to win on. Frigate. >_<

Maybe it's just me, but this is so hard for peach. DK out Ranges her, and also completely screws up her Air game.
For the Peaches that Subsist on the Guess and Check method, (Spaced Double jump Fairs,) This is a bad matchup.

That is all.
As to what me and edreese said, Peach can out space his Bair. You alwso know that his Bair lags if he short hops it and touches the floor right. If you are close enough, Nair him. I do this all the time. Or gould float out of your shield to a Fair or Nair. (Powershield to speed this process up.)

It seems to me you have a problem with his Bair, and you let it control you in the match. only way I see DK messing up her air game is if she goes in with the typical Dair tatic. For that DK should just bair her and done. Her Dair does not hit from the sides. She has no protection from the sides, which his Bair takes care of.

DK does not **** Peach at all.

Edit- Sky no one is hating on you. I said I don't know anything about you or know your tournament records as of late. so I can speak about you or add you on to this. thats why I said nothing about you. Now how is that hating. Please tell me.

Niiro

Smash Ace
So DK has Range, Power, and Weight on his side.
Peach as projectiles, grabs....and projectiles?

Sky`

Smash Lord
if it comes off like that then fine, i'll say 60-40 Peach

As to what me and edreese said, Peach can out space his Bair. You alwso know that his Bair lags if he short hops it and touches the floor right. If you are close enough, Nair him. I do this all the time. Or gould float out of your shield to a Fair or Nair. (Powershield to speed this process up.)

It seems to me you have a problem with his Bair, and you let it control you in the match. only way I see DK messing up her air game is if she goes in with the typical Dair tatic. For that DK should just bair her and done. Her Dair does not hit from the sides. She has no protection from the sides, which his Bair takes care of.

DK does not **** Peach at all.

Edit- Sky no one is hating on you. I said I don't know anything about you or know your tournament records as of late. so I can speak about you or add you on to this. thats why I said nothing about you. Now how is that hating. Please tell me.
My Peach plays Aggressive Guess and Check. It's a different playstyle.

I have a Disadvantage with this matchup, and I think that DK's Bair is a valid reason to say that many other peaches don't like the matchup.

I don't usually Dair Combo DK, seeing as I can't. I can only camp and Bait with turnips.
But It's one wrong move, or a miscalculation on distance, and then BOOM.

CBK is an excellent example. He will capitalize on mistakes that concern distance. The second that I Fair and miss, is the second he takes a Stock. He's got spacing down perfectly and it's because his DK has perfect spacing that he ***** my peach, if not more than just mine. CBK's also great intellectually, predicting Rolls and Airdodges.

I mainly underestimate the power and Range of his smashes, and occasionally fall into them, just because I simply don't know the mechanics of DK, which I have since remedied.

It's how CBK, and many other DK Mains have revolutionized this character with the intellect and endurance needed to play a lower tier character. It's that surprising audacity that puts my Peach in Check, every time.

Daruku.Pichi-San

Smash Cadet
Ugh..do you guys read what is said in here from Peach or you really wanna bias DK cause you main them. once again............

So DK has Range, Power, and Weight on his side.
Peach as projectiles, grabs....and projectiles?
I'm sorry. I did not mean to offend you. but you lead me no sign that you was a female. usually females type in a certian way or use those faces they like alot. But I love and respect female smashers so cool on being one.

Dude, so what? You know how hard it is to freaking kill DDD with Peach, or any heavy character? And because of that, people don't say "Man we kill better, screw that, thats what matters" Seriously people thinking like this is the reason they are not at the level they wanna be or should be at this point of them playing (for however long that was for them.

Ok, you can can DI and have good KO power. But I have something to ask you. Just how easy is all that with a character who is hard to hit and grab. as well get inside whlie they can get inside you? First off, I don't even need to be near you to deal damage. I have turnips. What do you have, nothing. You wanna do damage to me, you have to get in my face.

Second, I can out space you or even be a tool and camp you on japes or any average size stage goof for camping. But I am sure you already knew that right? I have so many ways to approach you. I will say this one more time.

What we have over you is:
- Spaceing
- Air game
- Ground game
- Better approaches
- Lots of approaches
- More than one recovery option
- Rack up damage good and fast.
- Fast ground game
- All air attacks auto cancel so makes her a bit faster than DK when it comes to fighting speed.
- Pressure the hell out of you.
- Big target, not to hard to hit.
- edgeguarding.

All this and you gonna come saying all that matters and what you have over us is killing and DI? Dude look at the list, this beats your "killing logic" That list alone destroys your logic for DK's killing being the end of Peach and her biggiest weakness. Sorry but it is not. about half the roster or maybe more kill better than Peach and that is not her biggiest downfall at all nor do people go "well we kill better than Peach does and she is light, thats all we need and nothing to worry about"

How you expect to get better at a match up if you keep biasing things and not excepting what is straight up facts hands down. killing is all you need? nothing to worry about. Lets see you touch a Peach and beat her easy when:

- she spaces the hell out of you
- Attacks you from distances where she can force you to approach and you will even eat a few turnips on the way. Ether way you put it, you are forced to go to hear, she does not need to come to you for damage, you do, so she can control this match if she really wanted to.
- Pressures the hell out of you where you are put to the defensive.
- Peach has a good air game and creams yours if you dare take it to the skies with her.
-Faster combat game and is really technical so this helps alot for her combat speed.

Yea you keep thinking that is all you need, beating a Peach like this and who is smart as hell and knows thier character in /out won't be a problem for DK.

You know, after all that I just said, I change my mind, and none have to agree. I say this match up is in Peach's favor, and don't give me anything say "No way, we kill and live longer than you do" Peach is a character that can make up for it big time and even not make it a problem for both players. I backed up what I had to say, and if no one can do the same for thier claims, then it does not mean anything and you are biasing your character. you wanna learn and be good at a match up? except facts and proof of it when giving to you.

45-55 Peach.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Sorry if I offened you, I have ZERO Peach expirence, I was just going off what Sky said D=

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Dude, so what? You know how hard it is to freaking kill DDD with Peach, or any heavy character? And because of that, people don't say "Man we kill better, screw that, thats what matters" Seriously people thinking like this is the reason they are not at the level they wanna be or should be at this point of them playing (for however long that was for them.
its not that hard or DK to kill a peach, d smash while your hovering near us works pretty well as well as uair,bair, and sometimes f smash.

Ok, you can can DI and have good KO power. But I have something to ask you. Just how easy is all that with a character who is hard to hit and grab. as well get inside whlie they can get inside you? First off, I don't even need to be near you to deal damage. I have turnips. What do you have, nothing. You wanna do damage to me, you have to get in my face.
cuz its REAL hard to power shield a turnip thrown at you from a distance. and since when do DK's camp against someone who has a projectile? in fact when do they camp ever besides on japes? never. sounds like you don't know DK well enough. and also it is easy for DK to get in people faces

What we have over you is:
- Spaceing
- Air game
- Ground game
- Better approaches
- Lots of approaches
- More than one recovery option
- Rack up damage good and fast.
- Fast ground game
- All air attacks auto cancel so makes her a bit faster than DK when it comes to fighting speed.
- Pressure the hell out of you.
- Big target, not to hard to hit.
- edgeguarding.
first off, Peach does not have a better ground game than DK. peach has 2 smashs, up tilt, down tilt, dash attack,turnips and AA combo. while DK has all 3 smashes, all tilts, all 4 B moves, and dash attack (against meta, its one of his best moves)

second, you rack up damage fast at low% and then stop doing string of attacks around 40%( dair can be DIed out of also) on DK. then its just spacing. DK can attack with 3 moves and do 35% at low % (bair>bair>up tilt/f tilt)

recovery doesn't matter too much when you can't kill us until 150% and we can kill you at 110% even lower if you are in the air

All this and you gonna come saying all that matters and what you have over us is killing and DI? Dude look at the list, this beats your "killing logic" That list alone destroys your logic for DK's killing being the end of Peach and her biggiest weakness. Sorry but it is not. about half the roster or maybe more kill better than Peach and that is not her biggiest downfall at all nor do people go "well we kill better than Peach does and she is light, thats all we need and nothing to worry about"
I'm pretty sure that's right.

How you expect to get better at a match up if you keep biasing things and not expecting what is straight up facts hands down. killing is all you need? nothing to worry about.
just because DK can kill anyone at 90% on brinstar doesn't mean its his best stage.

Lets see you touch a Peach and beat her easy when:

- she spaces the hell out of you
- Attacks you from distances where she can force you to approach and you will even eat a few turnips on the way. Ether way you but it, you are forced to go to hear, she does not need to come to you for damage, you do, so she can control this match is she really wanted to.
- Pressures the hell out of you where you are but to the defensive.
- Peach has a good air game and creams yours if you dare take it to the skies with her.
-Faster combat game and is really technical so this helps alot for her combat speed.

DO you realize that DK also has some of the best spacing options in the game?

A peach who can take control of a game by using turnips is playing a ****y opponent. yes turnips are good, but no where near as spammy as you say especially against DK who I said should not play defensive( there is a difference between reactionary and defensive)

Yea you keep thinking that is all you need, beating a Peach like this and who is smart as hell and knows thier character in /out won't be a problem for DK.
beating a peach, with DK at a high level and who is smart won't be a problem for him/her

55-45 DK.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Niiro

Smash Ace
gr. </3.
I guess (now that I have actually read Dark's wall of text, and if all the information is true) Peach is probably even, given that Falco is 45-55, and I doubt that Peach is a harder match-up than Falco.
EDIT: Or someone could inconsiderately post a giant wall of text in front of my post >.>

Sky`

Smash Lord
its not that hard or DK to kill a peach, d smash while your hovering near us works pretty well as well as uair,bair, and sometimes f smash.

cuz its REAL hard to power shield a turnip thrown at you from a distance. and since when do DK's camp against someone who has a projectile? in fact when do they camp ever besides on japes? never. sounds like you don't know DK well enough. and also it is easy for DK to get in people faces

first off, Peach does not have a better ground game than DK. peach has 2 smashs, up tilt, down tilt, dash attack,turnips and AA combo. while DK has all 3 smashes, all tilts, all 4 B moves, and dash attack (against meta, its one of his best moves)

second, you rack up damage fast at low% and then stop doing string of attacks around 40%( dair can be DIed out of also) on DK. then its just spacing. DK can attack with 3 moves and do 35% at low % (bair>bair>up tilt/f tilt)

recovery doesn't matter too much when you can't kill us until 150% and we can kill you at 110% even lower if you are in the air

I'm pretty sure that's right.

just because DK can kill anyone at 90% on brinstar doesn't mean its his best stage.

Lets see you touch a Peach and beat her easy when:

A peach who can take control of a game by using turnips is playing a ****y opponent. yes turnips are good, but no where near as spammy as you say especially against DK who I said should not play defensive( there is a difference between reactionary and defensive)

beating a peach, with DK at a high level and who is smart won't be a problem for him/her

55-45 DK.[/COLOR]
[/QUOTE]
Heyyy!
Read mine too! =D Do that same thing you did with this one!

Daruku.Pichi-San

Smash Cadet
Sorry if I offened you, I have ZERO Peach expirence, I was just going off what Sky said D=[/QUOTE

you did not offend me. I show no emotions on the net as you have seen. I don't use faces or etc. You will never know how I am until you ask me.

See? you don't read all that I have been saying. I even said that hovering Peach players are not hard to deal with and its actually good. Thats why I also brought up short hopped Dairs. Makes her faster and can react and break away before you can attack or grab me. and if I land behind you all the better. If Peach just short hopes her dairs and do as I been saying, lets see you go and get your kills so easy.

cuz its REAL hard to power shield a turnip thrown at you from a distance. and since when do DK's camp against someone who has a projectile? in fact when do they camp ever besides on japes? never. sounds like you don't know DK well enough. and also it is easy for DK to get in people faces.

First off, i said Peach's camping, not DK. The heck is he gonna camp with.bair. that is nothing. I'll just outspace it as me and edreese have said already.

Lets look at the speed of these things here. Her quick dround moves are:
-Jab 2 frame moves that is stopping all of yours
-Ftilt
-Uptilt
-smash
-turnips
Also to add on to her ground game. I can be really technical and instant float my moves to abuse my air attacks ground, which all auto cancel and I can do what I want after.

Again, read what I have been saying. For her combos ending at around 40 and so, this is why I short hop Dairs, even if you SDI out of it. Peach can Short Dair to Nair at any Percent before your death as long as the 4th kick does not hit you. And you help with that just by SDI out of it. Ether way you will eat a Nair Or if done right, Peach can:

- Ftilt
- Uptilt
- Upsmash
- Upair (depends though)
- Bair (depends though)

I'm not repeating myself about her short hop down airs and what can come of it, read what I said a page back about it, if you choose not too, then you can't debate anymore on this logic.

Read the many options and ways Peach can do about this. I am not repeating myself. all you thinking about is killing like it will be that simple. It wont and it isnt.

Ok about his spacing. His good spacing is mostly grounded. and the only decent air one he has is his Bair which I already said it will be taken care of. I can space you with Fair, Bair, and even Dair (yea I am serious, I wonder if you even seen a Peach do it, and this is w/o floating) I'll take it to the air to kill your ground spacing. And if you wanna take DK to the air I'll shot it down too.

Also for the fact that Peach can control the match with turnips, the Peach player is actually playing it smart. cause turnips are not that big of a deal for spamming. So how could Peach control the match with just turnips like that? As I said before, I can force you to approach me. I can attack you from distance for damage you can't. To get the Peach player to lay low on turnips and get damage, you have to come to me. Also as Edreese said. Retreating reverse glide tosses make it hard to get Peach and at the same time have turnips to tell with. A Peach can be really campy. You must have never seen a Peach camp good on someone. Even for the fact that her turnips are not all that to begin with. So the Peach player is actually playing it smart.

I have camped TL and links that were camping me. it's all about smart play and patients. I have even camped snakes that were camping me.

55-45 DK.[/COLOR]
You keep thinking that. Keep thinking that all you need is KO power. You are ignoring all that Peach has and can do all because you have KO power over here. and you really believe it will be that easy to land hits on her. This has got to be a joke or you really dont wanna except the truth cause you main DK. People will never learn the match up like they are suppose to cause of people like you being bias.

I can go all nite with this debate and backing it up hard core, and a wall of text for days to keep my debate and clam alive. Try me sir.

45-55 Peach.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
You keep thinking that. Keep thinking that all you need is KO power. You are ignoring all that Peach has and can do all because you have KO power over here. and you really believe it will be that easy to land hits on her. This has got to be a joke or you really dont wanna except the truth cause you main DK. People will never learn the match up like they are suppose to cause of people like you being bias.

I can go all nite with this debate and backing it up hard core, and a wall of text for days to keep my debate and clam alive. Try me sir.

45-55 Peach.

I do not ignore what peach has, I simply said what DK has over peach. (just because peach has a frame 2 jab does not make her ground game better than DK's and you can't count aerials as ground moves even with peach, that makes no sense)

I have played one of the best peaches in the midwest ( Rowan, who placed 13th in our circuit championship, I btw placed 5th). he is good, he can take games away from anther who is our #1 player. I played rowan and didn't lose a game.

btw I base all my input from exp. and not bias. that's almost why I'm never in here, I haven't played top level of certain characters. but when I have a post a storm

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
Ripple and Dark Peach, willing to do some online matches and upload the videos? <.<

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Ripple and Dark Peach, willing to do some online matches and upload the videos? <.<

I wouldn't mind considering I've beaten Praxis and he's considered one of the top, but then again it depends how far away he is, I refuse to play west coast because of lag

Daruku.Pichi-San

Smash Cadet
I do not ignore what peach has, I simply said what DK has over peach. (just because peach has a frame 2 jab does not make her ground game better than DK's and you can't count aerials as ground moves even with peach, that makes no sense)

I have played one of the best peaches in the midwest ( Rowan, who placed 13th in our circuit championship, I btw placed 5th). he is good, he can take games away from anther who is our #1 player. I played rowan and didn't lose a game.

btw I base all my input from exp. and not bias. that's almost why I'm never in here, I haven't played top level of certain characters. but when I have a post a storm
Ok, they is so many ways I can reply to this. But I am not the type to be mean cause I want too. Then again this will hold back on my debate here.

And I post up essays in here or anywhere I do is because I know alot and I take the time to sit and think alot about w/e it is to type this much. But being nice won't get me anywhere, so if I come off as a b@stard and all, oh well, I'm seen like one anyway when not rying to be.

How you know he knows that match up? Not gonna join for him but do you even know if he knows DK like that? And when was it that you played him, if you say a while back, this is invalid.

Also I wanna have you test this against Players like edreese. And lets see you beat him ore times then he beats you, or even someone as smart as Azens Peach. stuff like that is the real test. top Peach players of the USA. Hell get this dude Niko K from canada and test it on him.

Where are you from?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····

How you know he knows that match up? Not gonna join for him but do you even know if he knows DK like that? And when was it that you played him, if you say a while back, this is invalid.

Also I wanna have you test this against Players like edreese. And lets see you beat him ore times then he beats you, or even someone as smart as Azens Peach. stuff like that is the real test. top Peach players of the USA. Hell get this dude Niko K from canada and test it on him.

Where are you from?

If someone can beat our #1 player I guarantee that he knows his match ups so he doesn't lose to random scrubs playing a character he hasn't seen. I played him last saturday

I live in springfield IL, in the middle of the states but next to no one

Daruku.Pichi-San

Smash Cadet
If someone can beat our #1 player I guarantee that he knows his match ups so he doesn't lose to random scrubs playing a character he hasn't seen. I played him last saturday

I live in springfield IL, in the middle of the states but next to no one
Ok that does not matter. Anther plays Pika. this is about character match ups, not about what player can beat who. him beating anther has nothing to do with knowing a match up of DK. the hell?

I have lost to people I am 5 times better than just for me not knowing a match up. knwong a match up also plays a role. so no, that is not a good logic to use. I could go and say I beat M2K in tournament. just because of that does that mean I can beat all my match ups? No it does not, I could still lose to a character all because I don't have match up experience. And I could be better than the player and do better than them in tournaments.

That's a poor logic dude.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Ok that does not matter. Anther plays Pika. this is about character match ups, not about what player can beat who. him beating anther has nothing to do with knowing a match up of DK. the hell?

I have lost to people I am 5 times better than just for me not knowing a match up. knwong a match up also plays a role. so no, that is not a good logic to use. I could go and say I beat M2K in tournament. just because of that does that mean I can beat all my match ups? No it does not, I could still lose to a character all because I don't have match up experience. And I could be better than the player and do better than them in tournaments.

That's a poor logic dude.

its not poor logic since I had absolutely no offline peach exp. before, and I still won. I also have no offline Pika exp. besides 2 games with anther and I can still beat him. same with PT and marth.

I actually have only 3 people that live around me that play brawl within a 2 hour distance and that's it, and they plat DDD, ROB, and Lucas. I became good by reading everyone's posts and that's why my sigs are what people said about me. I don't have anyone to play around me and I still kick ***

gantrain05

Smash Master
o.O i been away for a few hours and 3 pages come up. peach mains come to debate. but seriously, it is EXTREMELY difficult for DK to land those kill moves on peach, even if you have the K.O. power your never going to land a Dsmash/Fsmash/Usmash on peach, you almost will never be in a situation to K.O. with Uair because a smart peach isn't going to fall right on your head, i know you guys probably don't know who i am, but i play a very good peach, and just using DI and KO power to give DK the advantage isn't going to cut it, peach can easily put 70-80% damage on DK in the time DK lands 2 hits on peach, i firmly believe its close to neutral but no way a DK advantage, and im not trying to just say this to kill DK's matchup or because i think peach > every char, cuz DK is another one of my mains, i know both chars pretty darn well.

to whoever said Bair or Fair won't beat DK's Bair, your just lying to yourself, peach's Bair can beat out MK's shuttle loop/glide attack, in fact, peach's Bair has extremely deceptive priority.

japes is a good stage for both DK and peach, but if your going to take peach to japes, be prepared to be gayed to death, peach doesn't have to approach AT ALL on that stage, turnip rain/camp the platforms you guys are going to be fighting on peach's terms on that stage.

if you guys want a stage to take peach to, pick corneria, or pirate ship, something with some really ****ed up ground where it limits her arials and has a really low cieling, i don't speak for every peach main here, but i can tell you i HATE playing on corneria with peach.

theres a nifty new tech i found out about thanks to ninjalink, peach can footstool DK, Z-drop a turnip on his head, and then footstool him again, and he won't be coming back from that at all, i have yet to try it out extensively, but it doesn't seem to difficult to pull off and is something you should be watching out for in the future.

all in all im saying 55/45 peach simply because she has so many more options for approach/camp/recovery than DK does that simple DI and KO power doesn't give DK the advantage.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
Okay Daruku I've played Edrees and close though they may be the last time we fough I came out. Sure sure once isn't enough but I know we've played plenty of times for me to know the matchup. In my opinion it's a 6:4 in all seriousness all these boards are oppinions and all are different.

I appreciate the help on this discussion and the feedback but I can't help but feel like you yourself haven't really fought top level DK's. Seriously, if you still think that please could I get the names of the top Dk's in the nation you played to compare notes?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Seriously, if you still think that please could I get the names of the top Dk's in the nation you played to compare notes?
CBK, pretty sure Dark plays with Bum >_> That may have just backfired on you. xD

gantrain05

Smash Master
Okay Daruku I've played Edrees and close though they may be the last time we fough I came out. Sure sure once isn't enough but I know we've played plenty of times for me to know the matchup. In my opinion it's a 6:4 in all seriousness all these boards are oppinions and all are different.

I appreciate the help on this discussion and the feedback but I can't help but feel like you yourself haven't really fought top level DK's. Seriously, if you still think that please could I get the names of the top Dk's in the nation you played to compare notes?
well considering i live in iowa, i can't seem to think of any "top" level DK's around here, but i can tell you the last time my crew from des moines went OoS to a tourney of 70+ people all 5 of us made top 20 placings and 3 of us got top 8, so we may not be heard of, but when we show up, we bring the thunder =P

CBK

Smash Journeyman
Oh and I might ask how does he do? From what I know Bum owns NY area. And I still stand by what I said about asking him what he thinks.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Oh and I might ask how does he do? From what I know Bum owns NY area. And I still stand by what I said about asking him what he thinks.
Absolutely no idea. He's just told me about conversation's he's had with Bum at IRL tournaments several times, so I assume they play together. Wait till he gets on I guess.

Why would a Peach ever just be hovering near you? >_<

That's the kind of stuff I'd expect to hear from the Ganondorf boards, where they tried to pass it off as a "slight disadvantage" because if we were to sit still in the air dairing they could approach with a short hopped reverse uair and hit us. (I'm not even exaggurating, that was their reasoning)

gantrain05

Smash Master
actually, the only times i ever see bum in 1st place are at his own tournies with infinites of any kind banned =/ can't say i've seen him 1st in any other tournies, at least according to ankokus thread.

oh great, ANOTHER board going 80-20 on my good ol ganon.....actually some people in the IC thread are seriously going for a 10-0 on him....like...for serious.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
AGain this isn't a **** waggin show it's a discussion but it seems that people think they play the best characters of both groups and they don't. I've played the best West Coast peachs and I think Edrees was for the most part right.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
Okay NY where his town tournies I guess sure, but I'd like to know still how Daruku does against Bum. Even if Bum hasn't won a major tourney on east Coast. *I.E. There are better players that can win those. Infinite is what kept knocking me out of tournies in the past, now that they are banning it I'm doing a whole hell of a lot better.

gantrain05

Smash Master
now that i think about it, probably the best DK i've played around here is neomagics DK' and DK is his secondary lol, but still.....its pretty **** good.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
This matchup is dead even. 50-50

Both characters can equally wreck the other if they don't know what they are doing. Yes, peach can easily wrack up damage to DK with dair combo's, dthrow chaingrab, good spacing and turnips but I generally find getting the killing blow rather difficult because of his weight, horizontal recovery, and bair constantly knocking me out of the air.

On the contrary, a DK could have a hard time getting damage on Peach because of Peach's superior spacing, turnips, float, and over all maneuverability. However, with help of several of DK's moves, DK can easily overwhelm a surprised peach. Seriously, all it takes is basically 5-6 bairs and a fresh smash for a stock. Let's not forget about the super-armor'd DK punch , the cargo stage spikes, and various wall of pain like offstage bair kills.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Why would a Peach ever just be hovering near you? >_<

That's the kind of stuff I'd expect to hear from the Ganondorf boards, where they tried to pass it off as a "slight disadvantage" because if we were to sit still in the air dairing they could approach with a short hopped reverse uair and hit us. (I'm not even exaggurating, that was their reasoning)

well peach doesn't exactly approach using her ground game.... I'm just saying when peach starts floating d smash is a good solution sice it hits above DK also

gantrain05

Smash Master
well peach doesn't exactly approach using her ground game.... I'm just saying when peach starts floating d smash is a good solution sice it hits above DK also
well, you don't play many good peaches then, cuz peach can approach DK however she really feels like, she's actually got a far above average ground approach game as well, float approaches, SH Dair approaches, glide toss approaches, arial turnip throw approaches, ground float to auto cancelled arial approach. i dunno, she's got plenty approaches, enough to mix it up so you won't know where shes going to come from next.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
And DK can approach the same in many different ways, obviously you've never played a good DK. YOu see what I mean, and please no ONline please.

gantrain05

Smash Master
And DK can approach the same in many different ways, obviously you've never played a good DK. YOu see what I mean, and please no ONline please.
other than Bair and spacing your tilts, please enlighten me to your other super secret approaches.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
Not only can you come in with Bair, and tilts Upb is a great way to come in. SA punch is crazy good. Glide toss right back towards her Neutral air works wonders when she floats since you can insta up b and either knock her back or glide away from her punishment.

All situational but it's the same for peach, a good peach V DK should never come against him on the ground. That signifies the player doesn't have the knowledge to be scared of DK's crazy good ground game.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
other than Bair and spacing your tilts, please enlighten me to your other super secret approaches.
up b, side b, neutral b( surprised?), down b ( since you said peach has a great ground game I thought I'd include it)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Not only can you come in with Bair, and tilts Upb is a great way to come in. SA punch is crazy good. Glide toss right back towards her Neutral air works wonders when she floats since you can insta up b and either knock her back or glide away from her punishment.

All situational but it's the same for peach, a good peach V DK should never come against him on the ground. That signifies the player doesn't have the knowledge to be scared of DK's crazy good ground game.

couldn't have said it better

gantrain05

Smash Master
i disagree with you saying peach shouldn't approach by ground, as soon as she is inside of your tilt range in in your face, she is just much quicker than DK, 2 frame jabs, quicker grab, and more options arial-wise once she's inside, to me it seems DK really just has to try and keep her at that "mid-range" where she can't safely throw turnips, but she's not close enough to start comboing the shiz out of DK, i just think its impossible to ALWAYS keep her there because honestly she can get inside of DK if he makes even the smallest mistakes, at least thats the way i see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom