• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Thread: WHAT TIME IS IT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daruku.Pichi-San

Smash Cadet
You know what boys? don't make your final input just yet. I dont play In N.Y tournaments but This play names Vanz plays bum alot and uses Peach and really good with her. and has beaten bum. I'm gonna talk to him right now.

And if people think it is in his favor cause or power and his back air, sorry bu tthat is weel. DDD is not even like that. the Match with Peach and DDD is even. And DDD is hard to kill, has power and can chain grab us. With all that, the match up is not even domination. it's 50-50 for those 2. So people going with power and thierkey to victory is just dumb.

Any gonna talk to bum now.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
off topic i don't believe in X5/X5 matchups. I don't think we should be so arrogant as to say someone can be measured in between a 10 point scale, ever so accurately, with so much variability in stages, etc and the lack of constant top rivaling metagames to evaluate.
IMO, maybe using different definitions, "60/40" = "slight advantage", 70/30 = counters (aka is 'good/bad' against), 80+ = negates oponent.
cuz between all these character boards and their matchups ranks...u see some of the worst imaginable matchups like MK vs Ganon, and if they say its 70/30, like..honestly? no its more like impossible to win. should be 100/0. The best MK player vs the best Ganon player is going to be a complete massacre.

on topic, i don't have the best peach experience, but i did learn her quite well and understand her advantages/approaches/etc. My natural instinct would be to say DK has a slight advantage, but i can definitely understand 50/50, (as previously mentioned, don't believe in 5s). So thats what i would vote.

Daruku.Pichi-San

Smash Cadet
I'm good with it being 50/50. Vanz plays Bum and he beats him, as well as Bum beating vanz. So they go about even. They both know what they are doing.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm good with it being 50/50. Vanz plays Bum and he beats him, as well as Bum beating vanz. So they go about even. They both know what they are doing.
I'm prety sure they are neighbors so yes Bum would lose eventually. I have played my friends DDD countless times and I have beaten it, in fact its about even. I still would not say its 50-50

and seriously stop talking about good online DKs. first off it is a different game online, you can't deny that. it changes the game and how its played. second off there are no good online DKs besides me, ook, bigfoot, tx3 fate, and maybe 2 others.

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
Okay understandable, but like I said if 50 50 is the mathup then I plan to test this hopefully in tournament with Edrees Bone or sky.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Lmao, you guys basically can to a conclusion before the week was over. GREAT. now what are you guys gonna do? lol

gantrain05

Smash Master
I'm prety sure they are neighbors so yes Bum would lose eventually. I have played my friends DDD countless times and I have beaten it, in fact its about even. I still would not say its 50-50

and seriously stop talking about good online DKs. first off it is a different game online, you can't deny that. it changes the game and how its played. second off there are no good online DKs besides me, ook, bigfoot, tx3 fate, and maybe 2 others.
of course bum would lose eventually? thats not what was said, it was said that vanz and bum go even, this matchup is even and you discrediting dark.pch for playing online is stupid, you DO know he is one of the BEST peach players in the US.....

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
of course bum would lose eventually? thats not what was said, it was said that vanz and bum go even, this matchup is even and you discrediting dark.pch for playing online is stupid, you DO know he is one of the BEST peach players in the US.....
and I am one of the best DKs, don't discredit me

if 2 people play each other regularly they get used to each others play style and it goes even

edit: 1,111 posts

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
I'd like to let everybody know, that DK Pretty much ***** Peach.
I consider myself to be a good peach player.
And CBK Stuck his donkey **** in my Peach, and pretty much 2 stocked it, twice. Once on a level that He wasn't supposed to win on. Frigate. >_<

Maybe it's just me, but this is so hard for peach. DK out Ranges her, and also completely screws up her Air game.
For the Peaches that Subsist on the Guess and Check method, (Spaced Double jump Fairs,) This is a bad matchup.

That is all.
I would just like to say .. get a freakin new main.
50:50 Possibly 55:50 Peach .. Dk would never get the advantage.. EVER unless some crazy new Tech comes in.

Daruku.Pichi-San

Smash Cadet

Dude, no ok, just no, don't give me that BS of an exuse for bum losing to Vanz. First off they are not close to each other, only time they play is when Vanz chooses to go to an N.Y tournament.

See just by saying this, you just put yourself on blast. Just cause you think Peach cant beat DK or should not lose to Peach, you gonna make a BS excuse like that. I don't care if you are one of the best DK. You are full of it just by saying this. You seriously can't except the fact that Peach can beat DK all because KO can kill better? Are you serious? for real, you are BS DK waaaay too much now. CBK was not even on this level despite what he was saying.And I am talking about Peach vs DDD here, not you and your friends. the match up is even desipite that:

- He wont die
- CAN KILL US WELL
- Can chain grab us.
- Can somewhat be hard to hit

All that against Peach and the match up is even. Why cause there are stuff Peach can do about it to help in this fight. And what it comes down too is that it is even. I seriously don't care who you are, now you are just full of it and making excuses for your character. this is insane. This is how people wanna learn a match up. by doing this crap? How arrogant. Any dumb crap like that is denided. I don't even BS my main like that. If we have a Problem with Peach we state it. If we can do something about it we state it. If we can't, we state it. I have not once BS my character in here like you have.

Show how much you know with saying what you just said with Bum and Vanz. Any thing you say like this I will call BS and you being all high and might/BS DK cause you main him and are one of the best? Being one of the best means being legit and expecting strengths and weaknesses, wether you like it or not. just for that, to me you are not one of the best. cause that is not what it is all about to me.

and 20 bucks says if you was to ever fight me, Edresse or Vanz in a match you not get more games off us. and I would not wanna hear any excuse for losing nether.

seriously smashboards can be unreal sometimes.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Dude, no ok, just no, don't give me that BS of an exuse for bum losing to Vanz. First off they are not close to each other, only time they play is when Vanz chooses to go to an N.Y tournament.

See just by saying this, you just put yourself on blast. Just cause you think Peach cant beat DK or should not lose to Peach, you gonna make a BS excuse like that. I don't care if you are one of the best DK. You are full of it just by saying this. You seriously can't except the fact that Peach can beat DK all because KO can kill better? Are you serious? for real, you are BS DK waaaay too much now. CBK was not even on this level despite what he was saying.And I am talking about Peach vs DDD here, not you and your friends. the match up is even desipite that:

and 20 bucks says if you was to ever fight me, Edresse or Vanz in a match you not get more games off us. and I would not wanna hear any excuse for losing nether.

seriously smashboards can be unreal sometimes.

first off I never said peach can't beat DK, I said what DK had over peach and put it at 55-45 DK like some others had.

If you recall I did not say once that killing power was everything to a match up. that one reply was not sarcastic.

and I would gladly take that bet.

edit: a ban?! hahahaha

CBK

Smash Journeyman
The boards are the way they are and they think it's 50 50 if not slightly in Dk's favor. Lets move on Ripple why would you hurt my feeling about not being a good Online DK.XD

Niiro

Smash Ace
Haha, I guess thats what you get for trying to dodge the ban.
On topic:
How is Falco v. Dk only 55-45? I thought it would be 65-35 AT LEAST D= Makes me feel bad at BRALW

Sky`

Smash Lord
I would just like to say .. get a freakin new main.
50:50 Possibly 55:50 Peach .. Dk would never get the advantage.. EVER unless some crazy new Tech comes in.
I would just like to say...
Eat a d*ck.

How can a matchup be 55:50? 105%? Terrible Read.
It'd be 55/45 in that case, Peaches favor.

XD Maybe I just love gettin the D*CK From CBK and Jmex too much to even attempt to try to rectify this matchup for myself.

But yeah, It's probably 50/50. I just don't do well against DKs.
But I don't lose to GaWs. Imagine that.

EDIT: Oh wow!
I just realized! You're Excel Zero!
The Overnight Peach success story is talking to me!
I feel so honored.

Cia

das kwl
sorry for the TL;DR post

i believe we covered the DK match up before. but i'll give my input again.

Peach's turnips are everything in this match up. by throwing one, your opponent has to avoid it, catch it, hit it, or reflect it. either way, this creates lag. DK being what i call a "fat character" cannot afford to lag at all. when fat characters lag, they get the worst punishment possible. this is where Peach shines and as long as you keep on DK with Dairs you should be fine (as bad as that sounds.

this is pretty much an auto combo. at the start of each stock chain grab until about early 20s. once DK reaches that point, SHfloat Dair > Dair> Uair (drop float) then, InstaFloat under DK and wait for his reaction. If he Uses his second jump, Chase it! if he air dodges, Land > re-grab (use an Uair to gauge the air dodge if necessary). if your on a stage where a platform is in range, use Dthrow and try to repeat the chasing process. if he lands on a platform low platform, this is good too. Tech chase him with Uair, or Utilt. When Dk gets to a point where he can't be tech chased, air chased or w/e. start glide toss approaching with turnips again. all in all, keep on him at all times. you never want DK to have control of the match.

Refrain from using Fair and Usmash at all costs. at least before DK hits 120% or else you'll probably never kill him. Bair, Fair, Utilt, Usmash, and Bob-Bombs (LOL) will be your best killers.

DK is incredibly heavy and faster than he seems. he has at least 12 different moves that will peach easily and he can edge guard Peach rather effectively. on paper, it doesn't sound like much but Dk's range is really misleading and Bairs are annoying. oh, and Never tech through Dk, you just Dsmashed. stay in the air (this saves you from.. Earthquake?) stay out of range (this saves you from Bairs). try not to ever attack from the ground. unless you're cornered, then use Dsmash. it's pretty safe and is a sheild piercer.

If this match up is played correctly, the DK user will hate you. Don't forget to stale Dair and Dsmash if you need restore your other moves. overall, i give this match up 55-45 SLIGHTLY in Peach's favor. She can gain control a bit easier than DK can and that's what it comes down to.

:colorful:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
i believe we covered the DK match up before. but i'll give my input again.

Peach's turnips are everything in this match up. by throwing one, your opponent has to avoid it, catch it, hit it, or reflect it. either way, this creates lag. DK being what i call a "fat character" cannot afford to lag at all. when fat characters lag, they get the worst punishment possible. this is where Peach shines and as long as you keep on DK with Dairs you should be fine (as bad as that sounds.

this is pretty much an auto combo. at the start of each stock chain grab until about early 20s. once DK reaches that point, SHfloat Dair > Dair> Uair (drop float) then, InstaFloat under DK and wait for his reaction. If he Uses his second jump, Chase it! if he air dodges, Land > re-grab (use an Uair to gauge the air dodge if necessary). if your on a stage where a platform is in range, use Dthrow and try to repeat the chasing process. if he lands on a platform low platform, this is good too. Tech chase him with Uair, or Utilt. When Dk gets to a point where he can't be tech chased, air chased or w/e. start glide toss approaching with turnips again. all in all, keep on him at all times. you never want DK to have control of the match.

Refrain from using Fair and Usmash at all costs. at least before DK hits 120% or else you'll probably never kill him. Bair, Fair, Utilt, Usmash, and Bob-Bombs (LOL) will be your best killers.

DK is incredibly heavy and faster than he seems. he has at least 12 different moves that will peach easily and he can edge guard Peach rather effectively. on paper, it doesn't sound like much but Dk's range is really misleading and Bairs are annoying. oh, and Never tech through Dk, you just Dsmashed. stay in the air (this saves you from.. Earthquake?) stay out of range (this saves you from Bairs). try not to ever attack from the ground. unless you're cornered, then use Dsmash. it's pretty safe and is a sheild piercer.

If this match up is played correctly, the DK user will hate you. Don't forget to stale Dair and Dsmash if you need restore your other moves. overall, i give this match up 55-45 SLIGHTLY in Peach's favor. She can gain control a bit easier than DK can and that's what it comes down to.

:colorful:
finally someone with a good post. although I still disagree about the turnip control everything else is true.

I would be willing to settle on 50-50 after reading this post. thank you vanz

Cia

das kwl
no prob. i actually used to think the match up was in DK's favor. but i noticed after playing Bum a few times that i was fine as long as i kept on him when he was down and kept away when he was strong.

this isn't the best example because he suicided.. but in the second match of this video, i used Peach on Bum's DK in a MM (this was the last time i played him) and i was pretty effective. I ultimately lost the MM tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8caqUWXeN-U

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
no prob. i actually used to think the match up was in DK's favor. but i noticed after playing Bum a few times that i was fine as long as i kept on him when he was down and kept away when he was strong.

this isn't the best example because he suicided.. but in the second match of this video, i used Peach on Bum's DK in a MM (this was the last time i played him) and i was pretty effective. I ultimately lost the MM tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8caqUWXeN-U

no offense to you at all vanz but bum looked terrible in that match for all the hype on how good he supposedly is. very unsafe approaches that backfired and lots and lots of air dodges. and why was it DK worst map?

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
It didn’t seem like Bum at all … until fight 3, when he began pwning. (Ripple, part 4 is the second DK vs Peach fight.)

Definitely good to see some recent offline matches. Thanks for that. They do highlight how fast Peach can rack up damage on DK if she gets going, but has trouble killing below 150+ unless she’s saved a fair. DK’s upsmash is deadly before even reaching 100. Funny that such “polar opposites” could be so evenly matched in this game.

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
that is definately not a good example of BUM, i can honestly say even in that video i could do better myself. at 4:37 he had a opening to fsmash which would have killed you. overall it looked like he wasnt trying his best to get out of any of the combos.

the new video sure does not make it seem even, DK was controlling the matchup.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
EDIT: Oh wow!
I just realized! You're Excel Zero!
The Overnight Peach success story is talking to me!
I feel so honored.
:laugh:

No, Sky - that's just regular, boring Excel.

daisho

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWHstG_nBw8&feature=related

His DK looked alot better against the peach in this matchup. He took the double dairs twice, and yet still managed to win because he was able to kill peach at much lower percents (80 to his 150 on the first stock, 96 to his 153 on the second stock and peach died at 120 on the third) DK died 70 and 57 points lower. DK also didn't really approach Peach safely the entire match with anything other than bair and he was fine.

Clearly this is just one match and doesn't prove a whole lot but it points out the matchup really well. Peach ***** racking percentage but DK killed earlier and lived forever.

Judging by the other peach vs dk match peach also showed her side of the matchup (first stock only looking at). She was able to approach easily with turnips to grabs, jabs and d airs. She just got a killing move off on DK before he did.

I guess its pretty even imo something like 53 47 DK (yeah unconventional... im specail)

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Haha, I guess thats what you get for trying to dodge the ban.
On topic:
How is Falco v. Dk only 55-45? I thought it would be 65-35 AT LEAST D= Makes me feel bad at BRALW
I think Falco is 60/40 falcos favor, but idk i guess no one agrees with me. Lazers **** dk, and the spike is pretty much an instant kill. Im sure all of the other DK's are not going to believe me, or agree with me, but winning against Falco is pretty **** hard/impossible.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
Sure I think it's 60 40 Top level hard but not unwinnable. that's what 60 40 means..

gantrain05

Smash Master
i won't settle for anything less than 50-50, i honestly believe its 55-45 peach, but of course people have their own opinions.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
On topic:
its a 70-30 falco's favor before DK reaches 50% damage
you can survive the chain grab to spike, and after that, falco has little he can do against DK.
after that initial 50% from the chain grab, IMO its DK's advantage.

falco is so overrated.
but thats just a whole other can of worms (that has already been opened).

CBK

Smash Journeyman
Guys Chain grab spike isn't death, just spam up b if he spikes you then just jump up B. You don't die, the major part in this matchup is the lazer spam that he can do and the forward b camp. It's the hardest thing to deal with. A 40 Grab is nothing when everyone has that on DK, in a short combo.

Niiro

Smash Ace
This is what some ***gy Falco does on me:
Low %s: chain grab
Up close: reflctor and jab
Medium range: over-b
Far away: projectile spam.
And the stupid thing is that it basically works on me D=

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
i won't settle for anything less than 50-50, i honestly believe its 55-45 peach, but of course people have their own opinions.
you can settle for whatever you like but its not up to you. IMO there isnt enough peaches that can take out DK's like all the peach mains claim. theres more proof that the majority of the top DK's have fought the majority of the top Peaches and either 2stock or 1stock peach. 55:45 DK

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
It only took like two days but I feel we've pretty much discussed everything there is to discuss about the Peach matchup. Do we need to wait the full week before moving on, or?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
luigi sounds like a great match up to discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom