• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Thread: WHAT TIME IS IT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
lol! Donkey shouldnt be on high tier
random posts... yeah

wario is similar to melee jiggs, in that, he's a constant threat, but constantly safe as well due to his movement. bite limits dk a lot, but if dk can get a foot hold, he can mess wario up

anyway, we're gonna finish up the relevant characters with IC's next week, then the week after that, a recap (and open debate on moving falco, marth, rob, and g&w) then after that we'll move on to the uncommon characters that you won't see much like pika and tink

btw, happy thanksgiving, don't let cbk grab your turkey or it's over

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I can already see posts fludding this thread on christmas.

Don't let CBK grab your presents or its over. lol

Don't let CBK grab your cookies and milk or its over.

DOn't let CBK grab your christmas tree or its over.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I can already see posts fludding this thread on christmas.

Don't let CBK grab your presents or its over. lol

Don't let CBK grab your cookies and milk or its over.

DOn't let CBK grab your christmas tree or its over.
Don't let CBK grab your Turkey or it's over. OM NOM NOM (I added a Wario twist.)

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Don't forget Wario's downthrow>Fsmash.

Always works.
If you account for the CG I think 6-4 is justified, maybe even more.

1 grab=1 stock.

EX:Downthrow, Pivot down throw pivot downthrow e.c.t. until downthrow>Fsmash.

Without the CG I would say 5-5 or 55-45 for Wario. Or 45-55 for DK if we account DK grab release upsmash WITHOUT accounting Wario's CG which accounts to previous matchup statement and e.c.t.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Don't forget Wario's downthrow>Fsmash.

Always works.
If you account for the CG I think 6-4 is justified, maybe even more.

1 grab=1 stock.

EX:Downthrow, Pivot down throw pivot downthrow e.c.t. until downthrow>Fsmash.

Without the CG I would say 5-5 or 55-45 for Wario. Or 45-55 for DK if we account DK grab release upsmash WITHOUT accounting Wario's CG which accounts to previous matchup statement and e.c.t.

wario can't f smash right out of the chain grab. DK can bring up his shield.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Wario has an infinite CG on DK so wouldnt that give him more of an advantage?
Seriously Grab->D-Throw->Turn around Grab-> D-throw and continue doing that.
Its so gay
IMO Id say 65-35

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Wario has an infinite CG on DK so wouldnt that give him more of an advantage?
Seriously Grab->D-Throw->Turn around Grab-> D-throw and continue doing that.
Its so gay
IMO Id say 65-35
its not an infinite, just 0-105

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
0 - 105, but if wario is on the ground going for grabs he's at a disadvantage. he's much harder in the air
Also wario grab range=\=D3 grab range

Frankly IC's grab range blows as well, if you face an IC's player that doesn't have de-synch tricks to get grabs its a 50-50 match, whoever spaces the best wins.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
The chaingrab doesnt really bother me, you could theoretically get like %100, but when do you ever get grabbed at 0? And theres a good chance of him eventually missing

Popertop

Smash Champion
It's actually not that hard at all.
If I practiced for five minutes you probably wouldn't see me mess up.
It's just a rhythym thing really.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
Also wario grab range=\=D3 grab range

Frankly IC's grab range blows as well, if you face an IC's player that doesn't have de-synch tricks to get grabs its a 50-50 match, whoever spaces the best wins.
even if they do that, dk's got the edge against ic's, you'll see next week

and popertop, even if it is easy, it still doesn't change the whole "you're at a heavy disadvantage if you're going for it due to our fantastic ground game" thing

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I am going to post like a essay going in depth on the Ics match up since its the one I studied so much

Popertop

Smash Champion

and popertop, even if it is easy, it still doesn't change the whole "you're at a heavy disadvantage if you're going for it due to our fantastic ground game" thing
I scored grabs like all the time against cyphus, I'm pretty confident I could do it.
:p

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion

Dk has a massive advantage over IC's what are you people saying haha. ITs easily 60-40 probably 65-35.

I'm gonna say wario vs DK is even. There are so crazy thing that BOTH sides can do, so I'd say its fairly even, maybe a small advantage to DK because of his edge on priority.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol Fitcion trying to contradict me I see... Well, I can guarantee you Wario has the advantage. :)

Now as for IC's vs DK, Idk I would maybe go with even, I wonder if Lain has some vids vs some good DK's. Those would be fun to watch I think.

fox219

Smash Journeyman
random posts... yeah

wario is similar to melee jiggs, in that, he's a constant threat, but constantly safe as well due to his movement. bite limits dk a lot, but if dk can get a foot hold, he can mess wario up

anyway, we're gonna finish up the relevant characters with IC's next week, then the week after that, a recap (and open debate on moving falco, marth, rob, and g&w) then after that we'll move on to the uncommon characters that you won't see much like pika and tink

btw, happy thanksgiving, don't let cbk grab your turkey or it's over
I'm just rying t o raise my post number

fox219

Smash Journeyman
link has an advantage over donkey. 70-30 in link's favor. Donkey kong in japanese=stupid donkey

PKNintendo

Smash Master
wario can't f smash right out of the chain grab. DK can bring up his shield.
Unfortunately, I couldn't shield with DK. It seems that Wario Fsmash comes out to fast, fast enough to catch DK. DK can escape the Fsmash (when needed lol) at higher % though.

Heh, you guys are right. I just played a DK, (with Wario) expecting to win with the CG easily, but DK went down with a fight. Down to my last stock. (Maybe my Wario's gotten bad)

Yo Popertop, isn't it Monkey Kong=Donkey Kong?

Veggi

Smash Champion
Actually, Monkey Kong was supposed to be his name, but when it was translated to English the M and D characters looked similiar because Miyamoto had poor writing skill.

At least that's what I was told....

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
haha i love playing against my friend who mains ICs
because first i'll practice against them with my secondaries (lucario, diddy kong) and i'll usually lose there so then i pull out the big monkey to deal with those little ****s lawlz

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
link has an advantage over donkey. 70-30 in link's favor. Donkey kong in japanese=stupid donkey
LOLOLOLOL
vs link this is what DK needs to do:

build up to ~60% damage.
grab link near the edge
cargo, then walk off the edge, and throw link away from the stage as opposed to under it
goodbye link's stock.

basilioyugi

Smash Cadet
i am suposedly the best wario of my country , but im not that good, but in panama brawl comunity is small,anyway i can assure u that wario got the advantage, dthrow>fsmash or dthrow>pivotgrab>dthrow> pivot grab.... owns the monkey

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
you're... really... dumb

link gets eaten by dk. wait till we eventually get to crap characters like link, we'll cover why, anyone who says link has the edge has never played a good dk

and donkey kong in japanese is donkey kong, miyamoto gave him an english name cause english words are popular in japan (even if they don't know what it means, look up engrish.com, some funny misspellings)

it was supposed to be closer to "j.ack-a.ss monkey"

that was his grandpa though, donkey awesomesauce funkmaster cornelius kong the 3rd is just too good.

i am supposedly the best wario of my country , but I'm not that good, but in panama brawl community is small,anyway i can assure u that wario got the advantage, dthrow>fsmash or dthrow>pivotgrab>dthrow> pivot grab.... owns the monkey
the grabs are not that big, if wario goes for grabs against dk, he's going to run into more problems than if he just spaced his aerials properly, because he's on the ground, where dk wants him

CBK

Smash Journeyman
Just so you guys know, Wario sucking = to people that play wario sucking *exept for Futile*. You should know Wario players are lame for the most part and can't hold a candle to DK players, People always doing chaingrabs on DK's. And you think were going to let that grab happen DK has an amazing amount of tools to avoid the grab. You guys going oh chaingrab....that must mean not in DK's favor. Dk Beats Wario....DK even with Falco Ice-climbers. And link wow...hold on let me gimp you in three moves....hahalolololol.

Point Wario sucks as much as most of their players.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Just so you guys know, Wario sucking = to people that play wario sucking *exept for Futile*. You should know Wario players are lame for the most part and can't hold a candle to DK players, People always doing chaingrabs on DK's. And you think were going to let that grab happen DK has an amazing amount of tools to avoid the grab. You guys going oh chaingrab....that must mean not in DK's favor. Dk Beats Wario....DK even with Falco Ice-climbers. And link wow...hold on let me gimp you in three moves....hahalolololol.

Wow your an idiot.

Grabbing DK is not impossible. And one grab=stock.
It's like an infinite. 0-110% is ridiculous. It doesn't matter if it infinites because DDD's and IC's don't continue their infinite. Wario players are good, and their post are intelligent. You represent all that is wrong with DK community, some cocky player who thinks skill=all.

Face it, DK gets screwed over because Sakurai couldn't balance the game properly.
It's happened to my main, to the Wario mains, to practically everyone in Brawl.

Anyway, DK players what have you got to say to this guy?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Grabbing DK is not impossible. And one grab=stock.
wrong, DK can survive his f smash at110% depending on in your in the middle of the stage or not which DK should be

It's like an infinite. 0-110% is ridiculous. It doesn't matter if it infinites because DDD's and IC's don't continue their infinite.
it is not like an infinite, we (dk mains) complain a lot about DDD and ICs(somewhat) about the infinte. you don't really care about warios chaingrab because we know we can survive it.

Wario players are good, and their post are intelligent.
generalization and irrelevant for the first part and second part of your post respectively

You represent all that is wrong with DK community, some cocky player who thinks skill=all.
what the hell is wrong with the DK boards besides his 1 post. Do you really think we're all this bad?

Face it, DK gets screwed over because Sakurai couldn't balance the game properly.
It's happened to my main, to the Wario mains, to practically everyone in Brawl.
true but Wario does not pose a threat

Anyway, DK players what have you got to say to this guy?
he's CBK, what else can I say?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You should know Wario players are lame for the most part and can't hold a candle to DK players, People always doing chaingrabs on DK's.
People can CG Wario and half of the cast can grab release him into a kill move, and yet I don't go around calling DK players or Dedede players lame. :/

And you think were going to let that grab happen DK has an amazing amount of tools to avoid the grab. You guys going oh chaingrab....that must mean not in DK's favor. Dk Beats Wario....DK even with Falco Ice-climbers. And link wow...hold on let me gimp you in three moves....hahalolololol.
How does DK beat Wario? I've yet to fully hear the options DK has to avoid getting grabbed. I know of spacing with Bairs, stuff like reverse Utilts, and even just swatting with Ftilt. What I haven't heard is what DK does when Wario Airdodges through those moves, what DK does when his attacks miss or hit a shield vs Wario. I mean, yeah he has a lot of range against Wario, and he's not a slowpoke either, but what happens when something DK does happens to not work out as planned?

If something for Wario doesn't work out, he can usually retreat it safely. If not, he usually gets punished pretty nasty for it. The same thing happens for DK, if he can't retreat a move or if he whiffs up close, he can get punished pretty nasty as well.

If you think Wario loses to DK, that's fine, you are entitled to your opinions, but you got to admit that a CG that can take DK to around 110% is certainly something to consider and something that does affect the matchup.

Lol.

Ok so back on track, you guys were gonna go over IC's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom