• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Rediscussion: Zelda vs Peach

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Matchup Rediscussion: Peach
(back to the matchup directory)

Zelda vs Peach

- What to know about this matchup...

• Powershield and catch turnips. Do not attack her shield with one in hand. They allow Peach to harass from a comfortable distance. She can also use them OoS as a frame 3 attack. Dtilt her shield up close if she is holding one, as thrown turnips will go over Zelda. Nayru's is a bad option here due to how easily it can be baited and punished. Catch turnips with Fair, Nair or an airdodge.

• Don't be prematurely baited. Peach likes to weave in and out via the float. Don't blindly rush in. She can punish whiffed smashes with Fair. Time her float as to when she descends, allowing you to slowly advance. The float lasts for three seconds.

• Beware of her elusive second jump. The second jump is a spacing and baiting tool, allowing her to evade an oncoming attack and come straight back in with a counterattack.

• Walk away from her Fair. If she's in the air and facing you, it's very easy to predict. Try not to tackle it head on. On shield it's very safe as it offers frame advantages for Peach that decay with frequent use of the move. On spotdodge she can punish this with jabs. Try to walk away and punish her landing with a ranged move. She over-extends her hurtbox when she follows up from Fair via jab, Ftilt or dash attack, and Zelda retracts inwards when she Fsmashes and has attacks generally very reactive to character hurtboxes. Zelda can use this retraction and Peach's over-extension to play the spacing game. Note: Zelda's walk is the same speed as Peach's float speed.

• Get her high in the air. With the worst airdodge in the game, she is vulnerable for half a second after she uses it. Air chase from beneath her and bait her airdodge to attack with Uair. You can get her in the air with a variety of moves - dash attack hitbox 1, usmash, uthrow, utilt, ftilt, amongst others.

• Predict the height of her float and punish with a sweetspot. This is key to killing her early, and if you do kill her early you can gain excellent momentum.

• Harass her float with Nairs. Her Dair and Fair are frames 12 and 16 respectively. If she's facing you, you can harass her with Nair before she pulls out these attacks. If her back is facing towards you, retreat Nairs to catch her Bair hurtbox.

- Useful Information...

• Peach's Nair stops Din's Fire. This should not stop you from using it however. Angle din's to strike the weak nair hitbox and it will overpower it, or attempt to explode it behind her in an attempt to bait her nair prematurely. Be constantly aware of spacing as Peach can rush in to strike with quick combo strings.

• Aim Din's very carefully. Go for her head if she closes in with a dair. Stutter step it back and aim to explode it before her fair hitbox comes out. Angle the din's to overpower the weaker part of her nair. If she airdodges, explode din's far behind her to strike her out of it.

• Zelda can survive her Fair fresh to percents around 130%. Good DI and SDI allows you to ruin her Dair combo game and also challenge her killing game, giving you ample time to start catching up in damage percents and going for the early kill. Beware of your recovery however, she can punish it very easily. Try to DI up and recover from high above, or take the ledge as quickly as possible. Her recovery is prone to Dairs, and sourspots usually equate to her death. Keep this in mind.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Peach just needs to be right outside of her range with a turnip in hand to force Zelda to approach. This, coupled with floating and her attacks (notably fair, dair, and jab) will make this a difficult match-up for Zelda.

Din's may not be helpful at all unless Peach is relatively inexperienced with it. Zelda will have to close distance. If a Peach floats in front of you, try to back away from her and use Jab to damage her. Up angled ftilt works if she's relatively close. Unless she's right in your face on the ground, do not Fsmash - it is very easy to DI this attack when the opponent is airborne. If you can read Peach's actions, you can try a nair, but if the Peach is a good spacer and you get a read, go for a lightning kick. If you can help it, aim for her lower body, as Peach pulls back a bit to hit with fair.

Zelda is most at home up close. Unfortunately, Peach has a speed advantage on her up close, making the fight even harder. Fsmash is your best attack, because not only does it have good priority on it, but Zelda leans back and can evade Jab this way. The rest of her ground moves aren't as potent as Jab for hampering Zelda, but regardless, watch out for Fsmash because it changes in range and power.

Turnips are very annoying. Do not reflect these unless it is one of her more powerful turnips and she's throwing it directly at you from the ground. They can be caught by being airborne and hitting Z. Do not even bother with any of your attacks because they do not work as well or as often as Z. Often times, Peach will throw a turnip at you and follow up with an aerial. If you are close enough, rush towards Peach right before it gets thrown off and attack. If it'll block your way, you can try to outsmart the Peach with Din's, or you can go airborne again and attack. Zelda does not have good options against this.

When Peach hits your shield with fair, expect a Jab or a grab. It depends on your opponent. Either way, Zelda cannot punish an auto-canceled fair -> jab at all. Try to roll away from Peach if she hits your shield with fair. You will have to practice angling your shield up against Peach because her dair can shieldstab. If she is nearby when the dair ends, Usmash. Usmash can beat it out from directly above, but do not throw it out in order to stop a Peach floating by, because this is easily baited and punished. When you do get her above you, uair is viable against Peach.

Peach is great at edgeguarding. Try to not use Farore's Wind if you don't have to. If you must, chances are you'll have to deal with a turnip somewhere and a Peach on the edge or floating towards you. If she's floating, you may be able to hit her with Farore's Wind, but for the most part, just work on getting back to the stage. It's ok if you get hit by a turnip, as it is less likely to hurt more than anything Peach could do to you herself. Edgeguard Peach with nair, uair, and kicks, but be sure to not get hit along the way. If you think it's too risky, you can use Din's against her instead, but it may not do much for you.

Overall, this matchup will be tough for Zelda. If you use Sheik, use her to help Zelda out.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I consider this to be in Peach's favor. As described above, I just play on the edge of Zelda's range with a turnip in hand and run into her attacks with my shield (free turnip hit, turnip OOS is three frames). Peach's nair stops Din's fire and her float lets her space to avoid lightening kicks.

Usmash OOS if the Peach is being too aggressive with dairs, but don't make that your reflex reaction, since Peach can then dair your shield and pull out before the usmash and punish it. Zelda has to pretty much bait Peach the entire match.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Ah, as a Peach main, I'll be glad to talk about this matchup. I'd say that overall it's 60:40 in our favour.

First of all, Din's Fire isn't too useful if Peach plays it right, though it can prevent her from floating excessively when used correctly. Turnips beat Din's Fire at mid-close range overall, because it has less lag and it's much quicker to unleash it. Reflecting Peach's turnips isn't really very useful unless the Peach player is right beside you, because they get reflected at such a low angle that they end up disappearing on the floor right next to Zelda. You can try to catch it and use it against her, but since the only moves you can do from there is turnip toss, they'll know what to expect, so use it wisely.

You can expect Peach to be floating a lot in this matchup, and ultimately this makes it harder to kill her, because she'll be able to SDI out of USmash and FSmash easier, and she'll be above the range of DSmash. In addition, floating Dairs can't really be punished if used at the correct angle, and if she does do that a lot, don't use USmash to beat it too much; she can abit it and punish accordingly. As has already been stated, auto-cancelld Fairs are unpunishable if done properly, and if you do get hit by it, roll dodge or spot dodge, because she'll either slap or grab, for sure. When she's flaoting, try using Bair or Fair to catch her off-guard. It may hit, and since Peach is light like us, she'll die from it early on.

Peach may not be able to kill well, but she's a solid edgeguarder. Nair and Bair are fast and high priority, and have enough knockback to ensure you won't return. When using up B to return to the stage, try and sweetspot the ledge when you can. If you go a bit above the ledge, she can punish you with USmash or FSmash. On the other hand, if you do try and sweetspot the ledge, she can float above the edge, drop when appropriate, and immediately edgehog you. So yeah, you're in a spot of bother when she tries to edgeguard you.

So yeah, this isn't an easy match-up for Zelda, especially if she doesn't know what to expect. IMO, it's 60:40 for Peach.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Why are you forced to approach peach because she has a turnip? That makes no sense to me. Can someone explain it?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Peach loves to bait attacks prematurely. You can harass with din's pretty well and bait responses from her also but you need to observe the length between the two of you very well.

It can also catch her out of her fair in time before the hitbox comes out. It also outprioritses all her other aerials except the strong part of nair, so angle din's ever so slightly diagonally to skip this strong part and get the weak part.

As she comes down with fair, you can reverse stutter din's to make a crack at hitting her unless she autocancels to shield.

What makes this so hard sometimes is that you see an opening to attack... I often use dash attack because of its vertical height, but peach can lure you into coming in and then float retreat back into fair > whatever. It's the floating back that completely baits the response in the first place and puts Zelda in tricky situations.

That and turnips and fierce edgeguarding too. Turnips are easier to catch and powershield... and you can dtilt her shield up close very safely if she's holding a turnip as it will be thrown over you. But OoS turnips are fantastic! Never strive to smash Peach's shield because she can cover range with a turnip and hit you!

Oh yeah and get her in the air and capitalise on the airdodge... she has no aerial that beats Uair and it kills her quick. She needs to rely on her air speed which is slower than Zelda's and her second jump, which is also lower. She isn't in a very good position in the air and dash attack, usmash and uthrow place in this position all the time.

If you're easily baited and you fall into her chains of attacks, expect to be 3/2 stocked imo. But if you manage to kill her first and also early, you can actually build up huge momentum against her as you know what to expect from her kill moves.

I like to predict the height of her float and sneak in a kick unexpectedly. =D Sometimes you can get surprising results =D

Also... peach can't SDI usmash at all. Even if she's in the air. I've tested and tested and tested and it doesn't work for her. However, Fsmash is very easy to SDI out of (**** sakurai!! :mad:)

As a huuuuuuuuge side note: can fair be reliably teched? I've hit people with it and they've slammed straight to the ground and hit the floor :?

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Why are you forced to approach peach because she has a turnip? That makes no sense to me. Can someone explain it?
When she has a turnip, she is restricted on many of her attacks, but this doesn't matter because she's not in range for them to work and is probably out of Zelda's range. She can toss this turnip at you while floating and you can't hit her because there's a turnip in your face. You have to deal with it and her because Zelda can't reliably catch it and hit Peach at the same time. If you do anything outside of shielding it and catching it with Z, you're bound to get hit. It basically makes approaching Zelda a lot easier if it needs to happen, and Peach is completely safe with it in hand. She can also use it out of shield. This means Zelda needs to do something before it comes out, which is why it hurts her.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Actually, Peach can't throw a turnip while floating (though it would be great if she could). You're right about the other things though.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Then I don't understand how Peach's float at me and then throw turnips. Can't they let go of it and throw?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Then I don't understand how Peach's float at me and then throw turnips. Can't they let go of it and throw?
Yes, but they can't float AND throw it at the same time, as you seemed to be implying. And once they've stopped floating they can't float again until they reach the ground.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
When she has a turnip, she is restricted on many of her attacks, but this doesn't matter because she's not in range for them to work and is probably out of Zelda's range. She can toss this turnip at you while floating and you can't hit her because there's a turnip in your face. You have to deal with it and her because Zelda can't reliably catch it and hit Peach at the same time. If you do anything outside of shielding it and catching it with Z, you're bound to get hit. It basically makes approaching Zelda a lot easier if it needs to happen, and Peach is completely safe with it in hand. She can also use it out of shield. This means Zelda needs to do something before it comes out, which is why it hurts her.
So wouldn't not approaching her be better? The turnip can't go all the way across stage. Unless she glide toss it and if that's done you can just NL and hit it back at her. It seems sill to me to have to approach because she's holdign the turnip when that thing can't go across the stage.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Yes, but they can't float AND throw it at the same time, as you seemed to be implying. And once they've stopped floating they can't float again until they reach the ground.
Be that as it may, she can still turnip -> fair as I've already said, which is really what the point of all this is.

So wouldn't not approaching her be better? The turnip can't go all the way across stage. Unless she glide toss it and if that's done you can just NL and hit it back at her. It seems sill to me to have to approach because she's holdign the turnip when that thing can't go across the stage.
From long-range, you have one option: Din's. She has one option: get close.

When she's mid-range, Din's is risky because turnips are there. You can stand across the stage and throw Din's if you like.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Be that as it may, she can still turnip -> fair as I've already said, which is really what the point of all this is.

From long-range, you have one option: Din's. She has one option: get close.

When she's mid-range, Din's is risky because turnips are there. You can stand across the stage and throw Din's if you like.
That sounds like pro tech to me.

Zelda makes it hard for peach to approach. The Peach player has to be able to space perfectly (outside of the range of up smash) or else all her floating tricks are done for. Jab and dash attack are also nice to switch in to punish her floating. Peach also has trouble killing fair is her primary kill move. If it isn't fresh you'll be living pretty long. Her recovery leaves her vulnerable. One din should open her up to punish her. Try to make her recover low and use her second jump.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
That sounds like pro tech to me.

Zelda makes it hard for peach to approach. The Peach player has to be able to space perfectly (outside of the range of up smash) or else all her floating tricks are done for.
Peach never really has to approach cause of turnips. typical peachs are the ones who can't approach at all against Zelda.

Peach also has trouble killing fair is her primary kill move. If it isn't fresh you'll be living pretty long.
i don't think its that hard to kill Zelda cause edgeguarding her isn't too hard. Fair is actually free to use here cause all we have to do is get her off the stage and edgeguard, and Zeldas not heavy. Ftilt and Bair also have chances of killing Zelda.

Her recovery leaves her vulnerable. One din should open her up to punish her. Try to make her recover low and use her second jump.
Peach isn't vunerable while recovering, unless you mean while the parasol is open already, especially not to Dins cause Nair eats it, Zelda also can't releiably stop the parasol and she can't edgehog it well

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Peach never really has to approach cause of turnips. typical peachs are the ones who can't approach at all against Zelda.
Turnip's don't go across the stage though.

i
don't think its that hard to kill Zelda cause edgeguarding her isn't too hard. Fair is actually free to use here cause all we have to do is get her off the stage and edgeguard, and Zeldas not heavy. Ftilt and Bair also have chances of killing Zelda.
She doesn't need to be heavy Peach just has trouble killing.

Peach isn't vunerable while recovering, unless you mean while the parasol is open already, especially not to Dins cause Nair eats it, Zelda also can't releiably stop the parasol and she can't edgehog it well
I meant when come back from a hit and come back on stage.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Turnip's don't go across the stage though.
doesn't matter cause Dins can't out camp peach at any range

I meant when come back from a hit and come back on stage.
being above Zelda is never a good idea. going for the ledge that Zelda can't godly cover is better than coming directly back on, unless Peach is floating near the top of the screen.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
doesn't matter cause Dins can't out camp peach at any range

being above Zelda is never a good idea. going for the ledge that Zelda can't godly cover is better than coming directly back on, unless Peach is floating near the top of the screen.
Yeah that's what I mean.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Peach vs. Zelda.
Yeah, it seems like it's pretty close until peach gets you off the edge. Seriously, it's not hard for peach to just keep punishing you either through attacking you or grabbing you and throwing you right back off the stage as soon as you recover. Peach might not get the kill that way, but she'll wrack up a lot of damage as you try to perform what SHOULD be the simple task of returning to the stage. Zelda's recovery is just so punishable and peach is pretty adept at punishing recoveries.

If zelda ever gets a turnip, at least her glide tossing options ar pretty great. (dtilt and Usmash seem the best in my experience.)

Zelda kills peach eralier than vice versa, but peach is going to be doing a lot more damage in the matchup due to much better spacing tools.

This is a matchup zelda has to win through smarts. She has to learn the peach she's playing and learn now to resist being bated and how that peach likes to space. Zelda has the burden of an uphill battle here, but peach, while a bad zelda matchup, is a winnable one.

beating peach's spaced floats is easier on stages with uneven terain. Remember that.

WARNING:
Don't pull the standard zelda crap. Fsmashing like an idiot's just going to get you obliterated by peach fairs, peach is very good at countering Zelda's normally pretty safe Fsmash. Don't throw out lightning kicks like an idiot, but if you powersheild a fair, I'm pretty sure a shorthopped lightning kick can land.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Peach has/is going to approach to throw the turnip.

Zelda doesn't, she can just wait for Peach to run up to her & throw/do something.

Peach moves, Zelda doesn't.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Peach does not have to get into melee range to harass Zelda. Peach can get into a range that'll nullify Din's.

I don't know what fantasy world this is where Zelda can just stand there, lol.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Who mentioned Zelda's projectile, Turnips do not have the range to reach Zelda even in stages like Yoshi's Island/Story (whatever was the name)

Unless she GT in which Peach will be the one moving towards Zelda AKA approaching, just mentioning this since everyone is saying Zelda will move towards Peach, that means bait that is the player's fault.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
so what if it doesn't go all the way across the stage, Lucas PKfire doesn't either......

Peach does not have to get into melee range to harass Zelda. Peach can get into a range that'll nullify Din's.

I don't know what fantasy world this is where Zelda can just stand there, lol.
this.

Peach can also stand far outside of Zeldas melee and toss turnips, and reverse glide tossing can be done very quickly. free pulling Peachs can even attempt to pull turnips from this zone cause she'll slide away before Zelda can catch her.

Yes Peach will have to get into a range where her projectile can reach, but that doesn't mean she has to always close in after reaching that zone.

You can stand there if you want, but that just makes Zelda an easier target for Peach to harass w/ turnips. Zelda should be moving around.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Nayru's Love is fail against turnips. It just bounces at a weird angle so that it falls right at Peach's feet, not even making her flinch. Peach is then free to take advantage of Nayru's cooldown lag and fair, or a quick dair spam, or one of her other many options.

Even if Peach glide tosses, Nayru's probably still won't even be able to get the turnip to reach her, lol. Peach's glide toss is pretty short, compared to Zelda's.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Right, I've played Kataefi (on Wi Fi, yes but we're both fairly tolerant to the lag and most of the time it's not that horrible) lots of times, we generally do Peach vs Zelda all the time

Zelda is...bleh. Her kill moves are annoying and Din's and Nair are mad annoying (I really need to actually use my OoS options...). Lightning kicks hurt, Up Smash is a *****, D Tilt is equally annoying althought I think I just suck at DIing (I can't believe you're saying Peach escapes easy from Zelda's F Smash Kata, I get hit by the whole thing all the time! xD) and D Smash is also annoying. Oh and Uair too. Silly Zelda :p

Right moving on, I'm not sure number wise what this match up is but if it's in anyone's favour, it's Peach's. If Peach plays defensivly and hit and run (which I don't normally do unless in dire need but I should probably give it a go more often) then it can be tricky for Zelda

OoS Turnips will stop everything you do. F Smashed me? OoS Turnip. Up Smash? Another Turnip. Din's? Glide tossed in your face. So yea, if Peach has a Turnip, watch out because she'll be using it to pressure Zelda into doing something and then waiting to punish. Or she'll throw it at you and try to follow up with something else. Don't use Din's when Peach is starting to get close though because she can easily shield it and follow up with something like a Dash attack because you'll still be in ending lag. Nayru's Love is a terrible move against Turnips and only really useful if Peach gets predictable with Turnip throwing. If Peach is doing it right, she'll be looking for Zelda to Nayru so it gives her a chance to punish. Don't use it unless Peach looks like she's going to Glide Toss right into you

Like Kata said, you'll be wanting to try and harrass Peach with Din's from far away. Din's will stop any Floating stuff unless Peach is using Nair which lasts forever and isn't very helpful mid range. This technically means that Peach will have to come to you but it's very easy for Peach to pull out and it's hard for Zelda to chase. You'll be wanting to use Up Smash to stop Peach's aerials. Speaking of Up Smash, can someone confirm for me if it has moving priority or something? Sometimes when I attack Zelda's Up Smash, I'll get hit or the moves will trade hits or my hit will win. Does it depend where Zelda's are is? Anyway, Up Smash is good but don't use when it won't hit because you'll get punished. And learn how to use it OoS to prevent shield drop lag. I'm not sure if Peach can Nair after her Dair to stop Up Smash..I'll have a look into it (probably)

Peach will be mainly using her Fair to space herself against Zelda's aerials and her Up Smash. Her Dair is one of her best moves but it's kind of hampered by Zelda's nasty Up Smash. If you see Floating Dairs, Up Smash her or roll away if they hit you're shield. If you see SH Dairs she lands nearby...erm I dunno, Nair OoS or grab if you can? Peach's Bair you proably won't see much of but it's very good for punishing whiffed aerials or for jumping towards Zelda and hitting her after Zeldas done something since it's hitbox is a bit odd. Always move back when using an aerial, try not to get too close to Peach since she has faster options like her Jab. Try to avoid airdodging into the ground because ground Floating Nairs will stop that or Peach could just grab/pivot grab you

When Peach is recovering, you've probably sent her pretty far away due to Zeldas high knockback moves so a good idea would be to Din's her if she's offstage as she falls down since she's pretty slow. Nair will stop Din's though but I think you can hit Peach where her feet are? I'm not sure but Nair seems to work ok. If Peach airdodges then she'll most likely get hit by Din's and die vertically

If Peach is falling down and she's above you (aka technically onstage) then give chase with spaced Uairs. Uair is stupidly strong and it outranges Peach's aerials. This can make landing for Peach a bit of a problem since her only viable option is to move away from Zelda to avoid it or airdodge which is crap. I generally grab onto the ledge if I need to. Pelt Peach with Din's if she's on the ledge, don't get close because she can drop off and jump back on and use Fair with invincibility frames left over from being on the ledge

Things don't seem that bad until you mention recovery. Zelda's recovery is horrible and so easy to punish. If Peach get's you offstage, things tip massivly in Peach's favour. If Peach grabs the ledge, it's very easy for her to quickly correct any movement errors by simply dropping off and jumping back onto the stage which makes things difficult for Zelda to recovery safely

If you're not very far from the stage and don't need to use your Up + B (which god is it again? Faroes? Did I spell that right :O) then try not to. Unless you're near Peach in which you could use it to teleport far away onto solid ground. Even then Peach could give chase and hit/grab you

If you're far away from the stage where you need to use your Up + B, then aim for onstage. Don't go for the ledge because Peach can easily quickly grab it. Unfortunetly, Peach can still punish you fairly hard, especially if Zelda goes into Up Smashes range. If you get hit by Peach's Up Smash you'll know about it. If Peach is clinging onto the ledge, she can quickly jump back on like I mentioned before and Fair/grab you

Zelda's also got problems when she's in the air onstage, paticularly if Peach has put her there. I'm not sure if Peach's Dash attack when spaced will stop any aerial attempts Zelda makes. Peach's Fair outranges them all though so she could use that. Other than aerials, Zelda can airdodge but that's normally bad since it'll leave you open for getting grabbed or ground Floating Nairs or an Up Smash depending where you are. Peach's F Tilt and Up Tilt will also stop any aerial approaches but both of them are punishable so get a hit in when you can. Dash attack would be a good punisher since it knocks Peach up into the air

If Peach knows what she's doing and plays defensivly and doesn't get impatient and start charging at Zelda, this is going to be tricky for Zelda to say the least. Hope that helps (although there's quite a lot to read :S)

Fun fact: Peach's D Tilt which is incredibly underused actually outranges Zeldas D Tilt xD

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Peach can also stand far outside of Zeldas melee and toss turnips.

Turnip. Singular. She has to pull a new one each time. not that she can't do that, but the closer she is to us, the harder that's going to be. Especially on smaller stages, she's going to have a harder time with this. Hence, peach not being renowned for her camping.

Din's? Glide tossed in your face.

Zeldas tend to be aware of the weaknesses of Din's and, therefore, don't use it when you are close enough to punish them for it... anyway, if you're glide tossing, a turnip, I'm fairly certain a Din'splosion will burn any of your weaker turnips and hit you in the process.

Things don't seem that bad until you mention recovery. Zelda's recovery is horrible and so easy to punish. If Peach get's you offstage, things tip massivly in Peach's favour.

This.
Before we consider recovery, it's probably 55:45 peach's favour, but peach wrecks our recovery so hard, that she'll be able to take so much advantage of this situation and begin to tip the matchup in her favour more and more the longer she can keep you off the edge.

Whoa... whoa whoa. Whoa whoa whoa.

WTF?
Peach actually slides forward a bit while she uses it. It's not a BAD move... but even if it outranges our Dtilt, it's considerably slower and doesn't have near the follow ups. Don't worry, Our Dtit's still better on the whole.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ah woops, I meant Peach could Glide Toss OoS when Din's hits her shield. Just wanting to point that out to Zelda users incase they think they can get away with just spamming Din's regardless of where they are the whole time (which I'm sure you guys don't do anyway :p)

Lol don't worry about Peach's D Tilt outranging yours, Zelda's D Tilt is still the better move. Although Peach's D Tilt is handy for stopping D Tilt stuff if there's enough room (probably not likely) and it can be cool to stop Zelda's Fair and Bair if she misspaces

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Turnip. Singular. She has to pull a new one each time. not that she can't do that, but the closer she is to us, the harder that's going to be. Especially on smaller stages, she's going to have a harder time with this. Hence, peach not being renowned for her camping.
thats why i mentioned reverse glidetossing and free pulling, Peach can also SH>tossturnip>float back. thats why Zelda should be moving around so she can possibly get closer in between the turnip holes.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Zelda's saving grace in this match is the fact that Zelda can live until about 150 or so percent with Peach (If she is doing well) and Zelda can kill Peach at roughly 75%.

I would say I go about 50-50 with the pro-Peaches in New England, but I can understand why this is a tough match. Knowing Peach really helps as well for spacing and tactics.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
so what if it doesn't go all the way across the stage, Lucas PKfire doesn't either......

*facepalm* And? What does Lucas projectile has to do with Peach VS Zelda?

Comparing 2 characters is irrelevant if he/she is unable to equal the usefulness/properties of the move.

I didn't give any match up input nor who has the advantage, just pointing out a logic/grammar/semantics mistake which was that Zelda had to approach & some of you were saying/implying that a turnip in hand puts/makes Zelda nervous, MISTAKE not Zelda, tha player controlling her which means baiting that is irrelevant & invalid in match up discussions.

My point was: Peach has to move towards Zelda, turnips don't magically fly across the stage.

You have to close up distance for Reverse Glide Toss to reach Zelda, Glide Tossing Forward moves Peach (my point) & Glide Tossing Bakcwards gives absolutely no extra distance.

Oh and the Peach player is not going to have telepathy, just saying.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Ok, so Peach moves towards Zelda. OH MY GOD POINT FOR ZELDA.

Now Peach is at a range where she can throw turnips however she wants at Zelda in order to find an opening. Din's Fire = get hit by a turnip and probably doing nothing to Peach. That's the only projectile option Zelda has. Guess what? If Peach stays in this range and if you aren't dumb enough to keep trying Din's, what will you do? Run away? There's only so much stage. So what?

YOU WILL APPROACH PEACH.

And just because it doesn't go flying across the stage does not mean it can't force approaches. Lucas gets into PKF range, he'll force Zelda to approach. Peach gets into turnip range, she'll force Zelda to approach. Din's is too slow and unreliable, and Zelda has no way to combat them otherwise, while they can use these projectiles to their advantage. That's why the correlation was made. In the case of Peach, she can use the turnip as a projectile that moves in front of Peach to block Zelda. She can force you to do something and then fair, or land and grab. All you can do is roll away, which isn't doing **** but prolonging the inevitable.

Zelda has to approach and can't. Peach CAN approach and doesn't have to. Is this not clear? What the hell is the problem?

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
I didn't give any match up input nor who has the advantage, just pointing out a logic/grammar/semantics mistake
*double facepalm*

I'm not arguing the match up *sigh*

Learn 2 read before replying to avoid posts like yours.

You just confirmed what I said, Peach moves, there.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
You came in this thread with:

"Peach has/is going to approach to throw the turnip.

Zelda doesn't, she can just wait for Peach to run up to her & throw/do something.

Peach moves, Zelda doesn't."

Nobody cares about that. We care about when Peach is able to throw at you. Logical mistake in our arguments not found.

Grammar? Who cares.

Semantics? Who cares.

Of course she moves in from far away. Too bad nobody was saying otherwise, but instead Zelda had to make an approach when she's nearby. You're not paying attention at all. I don't care if you're not arguing the match-up - don't interject with a rebuttal that nobody else is even trying to prove as fact.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

*facepalm* And? What does Lucas projectile has to do with Peach VS Zelda?
peach moves into position for her projectile to connect reliably.

the comparison was made cause Lucas PKfire is not full stage. just because a projectile can't camp out from edge to edge doesn't change the fact that Zelda must approach more often.

You have to close up distance for Reverse Glide Toss to reach Zelda, Glide Tossing Forward moves Peach (my point) & Glide Tossing Bakcwards gives absolutely no extra distance.
Peach only has to get into position for turnips to connect. tossing forwards is pointless cause it gives Zelda more options to defend and i never mentioned backwards glidetossing, even still, that tiny space is more than enough from optimal range to keep Peach safe.

Oh and the Peach player is not going to have telepathy, just saying.
neither is Zelda.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
You came in this thread with:

"Peach has/is going to approach to throw the turnip.

Peach moves, Zelda doesn't."

Nobody cares about that. We care about when Peach is able to throw at you. Logical mistake in our arguments not found.

Grammar? Who cares.

Semantics? Who cares.

Of course she moves in from far away. Too bad nobody was saying otherwise, but instead Zelda had to make an approach when she's nearby. You're not paying attention at all. I don't care if you're not arguing the match-up - don't interject with a rebuttal that nobody else is even trying to prove as fact.
I do, the first page mentions " Zelda needs to go to Peach, approaches, moves, etc." all that, that was a lie, Peach is the one that goes to Zelda & does stuff/punishes/attacks,etc. Example: "The Sun moves around the Earth. No no, the Earth moves around the Sun. Who cares?"

I don't know why you replied to my post with something I didn't even mention, It's like saying "What time is it? I love ice cream" & then tried to rectify a mistake by saying Who cares since you took notice of what I really meant.

Read the first page please & JigglyZelda, almost everyone is: Zelda does this, yeah but then Peach can do this, yeah but Zelda is going to.... no no if Zelda does that Peach is gonna do that so Zelda loses :)

That is my inquiry.

I understand your anger & annoyance as well as your intentions to be recognized as a player who accepts their character weakness (as most of the board does so all the other people that watch them say"Oh, look at the Zelda boards, look at *insert player name here*, he/she is so knowledgeable & not biased) so I'll leave it here.

I apologize for any inconvenience or trouble this may have caused.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
I don't care about what recognition I get. It has a lot less to do with me and a lot more to do with the fact that I want Zelda players to understand that their opponent may be capable of making the fight hard for them and they may or may not want to counterpick flat out or maybe use Sheik. I'm so vehement on stressing her weaknesses because they're what you have to focus on to win. I let the ones that are better than me at this game talk about how you combat it, because while I have ways around them, they may not be the best ways.

As far as that whole first part of your post, that's so far from the truth. I'm not saying "who cares" to who has to move towards who. In fact, if you read the words I used before "who cares", you'd realize that I was not even saying that to Peach moving or Zelda moving.

And everyone KNOWS that when Peach can't hit you with turnips, Zelda can use Din's freely. This would be the fourth time I've acknowledge it in this thread. However, when Peach moves out of this range, Din's becomes nonviable. What does Zelda do then? That is the whole point I am making, and what you said does not address that at all.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Exactly!! I do not adress match up stuff & I won't because I'm not fit to do so.

I'm glad we've reached an agreement ♥

I'm finally able to rest in peace again, farewell, have fun with the discussion ^_^

Top Bottom