• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Discussion - Snake

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
William, do you have AIM or anything like that? It'd be easier for me to help over there so I'd have an idea of what your problem is, if you're still having it. If you don't have access to an Instant Messenger, you should come into the Olimar Chat Room. Still having problems?

Noa.

Smash Master
That's how it's suposed to work. To go past the character select screen, I belive you have to press Z up on dpad, or Z and the start button. Sorry it's been a while since I've used it.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Hm.. since we are talking about dthrow combos....

Has anyone ever thought about dthrow to sh dair spike? I love to use it now because it puts them into a tech chase most of the time. If it doesn't they'll pop up into the air, allowing for more combo potential. :O

Dnyce

Smash Master
Hm.. since we are talking about dthrow combos....

Has anyone ever thought about dthrow to sh dair spike? I love to use it now because it puts them into a tech chase most of the time. If it doesn't they'll pop up into the air, allowing for more combo potential. :O
It's not guaranteed at all... -_-''

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
Well its not all bad, I normally try to do Dthrow to Dair, but ONLY if hes at 0% and in the EDGE.

Think about it, youre already doing an attack he cant evade only if he dodges, and if he dodges he will just fall down leaving him vulnerable to some attacks since he will be trying to get back to the stage from below.

And if he double jumps or does anything beside a dodge you will spike him. making the situation worst for him.

I dont see why is it unsafe since you can grab instantly after the spike... :S

IcyLight

Smash Lord
it's a good "random" to throw out there if you get multiple grabs where you don't follow up with an aerial

dthrow > fsmash, dthrow > pseudo grab, dthrow > usmash, and then a random dthrow > dair spike/fair, im sure it can work if unexpected, but i don't think it's a true combo.

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
it's a good "random" to throw out there if you get multiple grabs where you don't follow up with an aerial

dthrow > fsmash, dthrow > pseudo grab, dthrow > usmash, and then a random dthrow > dair spike/fair, im sure it can work if unexpected, but i don't think it's a true combo.
holy ****, melee???

he will have to much damage to even de spiked, he can jump out of it. :p

But at 0% its more like a frame trap, if he does anything else other than a Dodge, he will get spiked, if he dodges, he will fall down giving you the opportunity to spike him again or taking his stock.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I mean, I made a lengthy post towards the begining of this thread...

but I've decided to stick to very generic answers until people show a genuine interest in discussing the match-up. lol

I mean, why bust my *** off on a wall of text if no one else is going to contribute or call me out on my ideas for being wrong? =/

also, will... you can just call me fino ;o

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Top Bottom