• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Discussion #12! Wolf

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Hey, we're not THAT bad.... it's just that almost everything that gets asked there was covered a really long time ago, it takes some lurking to get used to. I guess it's because we lack a sticky that's well organized... Either way, if you really need help with something related to wolf and the boards aren't working out, you can PM me and I'll do my best to help.

Hoping that people stop hatin on the wolf boards, even though we probably deserve it

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
1. You cant 0-death wolf if he DI's
2. Fthrow > Fthrow > Fthrow > Tipper fsmash works from 0(you have to foxtrot the fsmash for a little more reach)
3. This is my least favorite matchup.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
lol we should go and get every single character thread except meta knight lol to inhance there guides, meta game, character match ups, playstyle, and more, kill percentages, damage ratios, frame rate data i could go on and on, some character threads dont even have video archives

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
That would be great. I posted something like Pierce's simple question simple answer thread just now in the Wolf Boards. And I think you forgot to say no Snake either Kadaj. (Can I call you that?)

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
lol we should go and get every single character thread except meta knight lol to inhance there guides, meta game, character match ups, playstyle, and more, kill percentages, damage ratios, frame rate data i could go on and on, some character threads dont even have video archives
Yeah, the Wolf boards are hurting for some frame data. No one there seems to have access to the proper tools.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Huh, I see a lot of insult to the wolf boards. I don't know about their lacking of specifics and frame data, but other than that, they're pretty good. They will assist any new players (me) on the spot and will give a full explanation to any questions.

Anyway, about wolf matchup, since I ply him. VietG probably set it all so I'll summarize.

Approaching: Expect a back air 90% of the time with some other stuff the other 10%. "Other stuff" includes lagless f-air, spaced n-air, and retreating DI to f-smash.
Offense: More back air, tilts galore, u-air for juggling, and lazer spam.
Defense: Have I said back air yet, well , we do. Also expect relfector for the few invincibility frames.
Recovery: If we use fire wolf, we die because it is incredibly easy to edgegaurd. And bewarned of the pseudoscarr. With it, we can go through almost any stage.

felix0-9

Smash Cadet
my friend mains wolf and we play a lot, and one of the most effective ways i've found to get easy KOs is dancing blade to dancing blade off the stage to forward air to gimp. if you hit wolf in the early frames of his forward b or up b he loses a lot of ground and since they're both pretty short range moves, it normally finishes him.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Huh, I see a lot of insult to the wolf boards. I don't know about their lacking of specifics and frame data, but other than that, they're pretty good. They will assist any new players (me) on the spot and will give a full explanation to any questions.
You were just lucky, lol. Just joking, maybe it's because you didn't suck so they would easily refine you.

Also, again your luck transcends all logic. Go back to GameWatch and luckhax again please.

Also, if your phantasm cancels at the ledge, you know you get your jump back so if you see it happening, consider it a blessing instead?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Lol luck? Hey he's kinda right its not like wolf mains do it every single time
He like cheats like a Level 9 CPU and gets nines via Judgment without even spamming it to force a nine. It became the point where I could see the Judgment almost frame by frame and use Counter. <_<

Of course, he just spammed *predictably* so it eventually became JV 4 stocks. Now he mains Wolf which has the type of spam that isn't so easily punished so as long as it's intelligent.

I think Wolf boards have a change of heart because they NEED new players. I read the TL boards were filled with douches in May, it's not quite that way anymore. The community needs to get along with one another, naturally.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
omfg, why don't you guys care about your own shortcomings, instead of putting down the Wolf boards??? (PT and Link boards are much more n00by...)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
psssh not every character has a bunch of fanboys, yes your board is well organized but it's because there are a ton of Marth players out there due to his immense popularity. Of course the jiggly and Luigi boards aren't going to be all that great. And the Link boards are nothing but "nooby", they have a bunch of respected players on those boards and the board is well organized.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Our board is organized because we have intelligent contributors and we all do our best to foster more intelligent people to take part in discussion.

Also we do our best to crush fads and we have newbie silencer threads that explain the basics of Marth so no threads that ask the same old questions get repeated.

Plus we are elitist as hell so noobs are afraid to post.

Hey, I'm not complaining that's for sure.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Our board is organized because we have intelligent contributors and we all do our best to foster more intelligent people to take part in discussion.

Also we do our best to crush fads and we have newbie silencer threads that explain the basics of Marth so no threads that ask the same old questions get repeated.

Plus we are elitist as hell so noobs are afraid to post.

Hey, I'm not complaining that's for sure.
Oh I know this and I don't blame ya, I kinda envy you guys(as much as I hate Marth players). The Zelda and Sheik boards are decent and fairly well organized with intelligent discussion, but the Fox boards are as good as dead and the Luigi board is just a couple Luigi mains begging more people to play Luigi. As a Fox and Weegee player it's kinda frustrating, if those boards were like this one I would be in heaven and my game would improve immensely.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Pretty much.

If a character has limited options/metagame i.e if the character sucks then generally the character board will be inactive simply because there is nothing to discuss.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Luigi and Fox don't suck, both of these characters have a lot of potential. Fox and Luigi are one of the few characters in Brawl that can actually combo. Jab canceling into a fire punch with Weegee can be actually implemented in competitive matches, I think with Luigi his main thing is no one plays him because of his weird traction mechanics and his falling speed......not because the character "sucks"

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Can they win tournaments?

This is competitive gaming.

A character is either weak or a character is strong.

Marth can't win tournaments consistently.

He is weak.

Fox and Luigi can't do this nor can they even place high consistently.

They are even weaker.

MK and Snake can win tournaments consistently.

They are strong.

Understand?

Top Bottom