• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness Final: Game Universe: The Last Days. - Framingham, Massachusetts

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
"So.... The last day Game Universe is going to be open is Sunday. We are having a massive fighting game event for SF, Tekken and SC. However, I would like to make this a massive event in general. Come down this weekend and celebrate GU! :( Unless someone buys GU this week that's it."
- Jamie, worker at Game Universe​

I asked if smash players were welcome, he said sure.

When:
Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday are all the days Game Universe is allowing people to come in and have fun to enjoy the last few days of the store.

When can I show up?
On Tuesday and Friday you can show up after 5. On Sunday you can show up anytime you want.​

Everybody is welcome to come.

This has been the venue for all 18 of the Mass Madness tournaments, and its a shame to see it go.

I will hold small tournaments on each of these days because otherwise this would most likely be moved.

Please show up and show your support to the store, and to thank everybody who worked there for letting us use it for the largest tournament series in New England.

<3 Game Universe

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249529
For those that don't understand why the store is closing.

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
I will be there. And, I will mourn the loss of an amazing game store. ;~;

But, I'll be there for all three nights. Even if one of them is only Brawl.

~Omni~

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Post the days you plan to attend so people know who is going on when:
Friday and Sunday are the two days I'm 100% going.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
D: D: D:

;__;

I can't even go. The last time I'll have been there would be MM17 =(

R.I.P Game Universe

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I am 100% going with the "crew" on Friday night. I hope to enjoy and get in some final brawl practice at GU...

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
So so sad.

I'm working late all three days and probably won't be able to attend at all...

MAYBE early Friday if i can get everything set up just right.

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
D: D: D:

;__;

I can't even go. The last time I'll have been there would be MM17 =(

R.I.P Game Universe
So so sad.

I'm working late all three days and probably won't be able to attend at all...

MAYBE early Friday if i can get everything set up just right.
I BELIEVE IN YOU GUYS! You can make it! You have the power!

For more on having the power, please see He-Man.

Oh, and this is my 100th post. >_>

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
I guess we'll be using the brookline venue from now on.
Q_Q JUST ISN'T THE SAME

RIP an amazing host of the NE smash community for many a year. It's very sad that it should close before I even went to 5 tournaments there

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Very, very upset.

I only attended a few tournaments at GU, but I definitely will miss it.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I'm not gonna make it any of the days. my week/weekend this week is packed with important non-Melee life and living related shtuff. work for the week for example.

sorry guys and have fun.

R.I.P GU. :crying: :urg:

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if I can go, but most of the tournaments I've gone to have been Mass Madnesses. There's going to be a big blastzoney hole in my heart where GU was, like the one in the middle of Mushroom Kingdom in Smash 64.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Bump to spread knowledge.

I am gonna be there on Friday with X-factor from Florida, so everyone who wants brawl practice should be there!

please?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I don't think non-NSG maine will be able to attend any of these dates. Tell the staff I said hi and sorry I couldn't attend :(

Elen

Smash Lord
Daaamn, this sucks. Is the Ebay store staying open, or is this the end of the GU name?
Completely separate business entities. I believe Dave is hoping to go back to working full time on his Ebay business, which should be staying open.

I'll be there Friday and Sunday.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
If we were going I would give him a ride, but we aren't.

Friday is my birthday, but my family is working so they want to celebrate Saturday/Sunday so I can't go. But he is going on Friday with me so maybe he can find someone else who is going and find a ride there? I unno...

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Completely separate business entities. I believe Dave is hoping to go back to working full time on his Ebay business, which should be staying open.

I'll be there Friday and Sunday.
If you come Friday or Sunday we would need full setups including TVs, Powerstrips and Games and Systems plz.

Elen thanks for answering for me.... Our warehouse is closed forever. Dave will be fine and will be moving on to something else not Game Universe related.

I am working on getting a good venue for the next Mass Madness. If you guys find something in brookline that's fine I will be in contact with you guys either way.

Also I am starting a 21+ Rock Band, Street Fighter, Tekken night in a Framingham bar called the Tavern. It is every Sunday night. It should be cool because beer + foodz + games = FUN!

If anyone can get a group of Smash players that are 21+ that want to attend every Sunday I would more than consider adding Smash to the list of games. I would need someone to bring a setup because I'm maxed out.

I would love to see you guys there!

I am not done with Game Universe yet and check back here for GU sponsored events in the future. Even though we don't have a storefront for now, I will still be doing some Tournament Organizing on my own check back for more info. Sponsors from GameUniCon are interested in helping with stuff as well!

We will see what happens. I am still hopeful to maybe open Game Universe again, however it's a massive longshot.

I love the Smash scene you guys have been amazing.

Thank you all for everything you have done for me and my store. It's been awesome.

Top Bottom