• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 9: KevinM is Attending - Framingham, MA - May 10, 2008 - SSBM+SSBB

If there's time after brawl+melee singles, what type of doubles would you want?

• Melee Doubles

Votes: 46 40.4%
  • Brawl Doubles

Votes: 68 59.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
i can probally bring a TV but i've been having second thougths about coming to this tourney because i was thinking of inviting some MA players for a GG meetup on saturday. About what time would the brawl singles finish thougth cause i was thinking of coming for brawl and leaving when the tourney is over.
any ideas around what time Brawl singles will finish

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
Iron Chief will rise from the (smash) grave and eat you with his ZOMBIE ICE CLIMBERS
YES!!!!!!! he will own with the zombie IC's plus 2 added for spanish voodoo

K-deps it's over son buhhhhhaaaaa!!!!!!!! rock lobster

Gonzales- Probably 3:30-4 at the latest assuming we start on time.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
i want to go to this

some1 should come to NY pick me up and take me there cause im cool i think XD

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Hey guys. I'm only coming for Melee. Not Brawl. That is all.

hey that rhymes. I do that all the time

K-dêps

Smash Cadet
Is the Bowser suicide allowed? just curious =P

Also I know one way on how to handle ICs

Throw Bananas!!

Spife

Smash Master
Because bowser suicide (side-b?) is stupid, so stupid. It is just to stupid.

Spife

Smash Master
DI. It solves all your problems.
I know, that's why bowser suicide is stupid and manages to hurt my brain every time I read about it and it having anything to do with the words "Bad", "problem" and "loss of stock".

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Yah I'm a little nervous since I don't know anyone and I really want to go... But I guess going will help me meet people so I don't feel the same way next time!

I'm the kid with the emo glasses and the long-ish hair and who will be wearing either a white Coheed and Cambria sweatshirt or a black one with skullllllz...
Does your black sweatshirt have 2 red skullz on the back and it says "coheed & cambria are dead" on it? Cuz if so we should both wear it and match.

i can probally bring a TV but i've been having second thougths about coming to this tourney because i was thinking of inviting some MA players for a GG meetup on saturday. About what time would the brawl singles finish thougth cause i was thinking of coming for brawl and leaving when the tourney is over.
any ideas around what time Brawl singles will finish
don't pull a matt.tourneyruiner plz.

I cut my hair and shaved my beard, I hope people recognize me.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Bad news - My friend who was going to do Doubles with me dropped out

Good news - I'm still going to Mass Madness anyways, since I wouldn't miss it for anything

Problem - I need a doubles partner (this is complicated by the fact that I'm not really that good.)

...anyone wanna enter doubles with me? (I know, after that message who WOULDN'T right?!?!?)

@Cog Smooch - Don't worry Cog, I barely knew what you looked like before, so I'll probably be just as confused now as I would have been before.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Why wouldn't it be allowed?
Koopakaze isn't broken, especially if you're playing against someone who is familiar with the Bowser matchup in the first place.

By the way, it's koopakaze. Bowsercide is the killing of Bowser. Koopakaze is the act of Bowser taking you to a dark alley and then ****** you with his one-time-use-*****, thereby killing himself in the process.

EDIT: Cobra, I might not even be going to this thing, and I might even have a partner if I am going, but in the event that I'm going and am lacking a partner, I might consider you. You should play me on wifi so I can see how you are, and then maybe I can teach you a thing or two ;)

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
how do you even know what I look like in the first place? have we ever met?
Assuming that you look like your pictures on AllisBrawl, I know exactly what you look like...though it has changed recently. I can't recall how I originally saw the picture, but when I saw it I immediately thought of a friend of mine whom the beard reminded me of.

...also, I stalk you.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Assuming that you look like your pictures on AllisBrawl, I know exactly what you look like...though it has changed recently. I can't recall how I originally saw the picture, but when I saw it I immediately thought of a friend of mine whom the beard reminded me of.

...also, I stalk you.

all you need to know is EPIC STUBBLE. it will linger in the air

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
A great thing for this thread would be for everyone whose going and has open space in their cars to post it here. cause from what i can tell, tons of ppl, including me, need rides to the event. and i want as many ppl to be their as possible.

i will just start by saying that i live on the border between providence and cranston, i have a really sucky tv i could bring and i will do all heavy lifting for anyone that agrees to take me

Spife

Smash Master
I'm driving but 4/5 seats are already taken up and if I can't borrow my parents station wagon then my car will be full of set ups and humans :(

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
I prefer not to take commuter rail, so if anyone lives really close to the T and is driving to Framingham, lemme know so I can get to your house and bum a ride :)

ThreeX

Smash Lord
hmm.. well, looks like there is gonna be brawl doubles.. -.- *cough* homo *cough*

but uhh.. cool i guess, something new.

to note: im gonna be pretty pissed if i won't beable to do melee friendlies, because of the whole.. brawl thing.

with that said, if this does happen, i'm probably gonna take a knife to my wrist, no emo.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
I prefer not to take commuter rail, so if anyone lives really close to the T and is driving to Framingham, lemme know so I can get to your house and bum a ride :)
Where you live? I live within close range of at least 4-5 stops on the Blue line that aren't out of my way necessarily.)

Stops:

Blue Line --> Orient Heights, Revere Beach, Suffolk Downs, Beachmont, Wonderland.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Where you live? I live within close range of at least 4-5 stops on the Blue line that aren't out of my way necessarily.)

Stops:

Blue Line --> Orient Heights, Revere Beach, Suffolk Downs, Beachmont, Wonderland.
Well, the point is I can use the T to get just about anywhere. So I'd probably just go to Orient Heights. I'll try to let you know over the course of the next few days if I'm going or not, but a ride is very encouraging, thanks.

marth617

Smash Apprentice
hmm.. well, looks like there is gonna be brawl doubles.. -.- *cough* homo *cough*

but uhh.. cool i guess, something new.

to note: im gonna be pretty pissed if i won't beable to do melee friendlies, because of the whole.. brawl thing.

with that said, if this does happen, i'm probably gonna take a knife to my wrist, no emo.
how is asking for doubles homo?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
anybody driving in from RI? seriously, ill be your handyman and ill pay for the ride, i need this!! please, PM me, ANYONE!!!

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Aight so im def coming now with peoples, but as of now singles for both games are happening def. right?

And to whoever what do u think are the chances that doubles for watever game are happening.? Uhh c you guys there I guess

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i may be biased but i think we should focus on whose going and how they are geting there, we will just figure out what events are what when everyone gets there.

and let me reiterate, i will pay you, carry all of your equipment and ride in the trunk if i have to for anybody that will take me to tthis event

Top Bottom