• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 9: KevinM is Attending - Framingham, MA - May 10, 2008 - SSBM+SSBB

If there's time after brawl+melee singles, what type of doubles would you want?

• Melee Doubles

Votes: 46 40.4%
  • Brawl Doubles

Votes: 68 59.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

th0rn

Smash Lord
Brawl is a good game... but a horrible game to compete and waste money for imo

Brawl doubles isn't all bad, but its just a nerfed version of melee doubles and easier for scrubs... making it kinda "homo"

ThreeX

Smash Lord
^ and ontop of all that.... brawl singles already take madd long, so doubles takes even longer, and like i said, I doubt there's gonna be a friendly tv, cause the AMAZING BRAWL DOUBLESSS will consume everything -.-' i don't like hating on things, but **** brawl<3 but enough about that, this isn't a brawl thread.

ANYWAYS... update :))) i'm not sure if i can go again!! w00t w00t lmao. I finally found a ride, but now, idk because of mother's day.. totally forgot that sunday is mother's day, that's also homo.

and with that said, th0rn falco ditto's are the sheeet son.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Brawl is a good game... but a horrible game to compete and waste money for imo

Brawl doubles isn't all bad, but its just a less technical version of melee doubles... making it kinda "not melee"
spoken like a true melee pro***.

anyway, my friends and I have been playing 3 stock brawl singles, and most of them don't last longer than 3 minutes, although some of the more intense games last a bit longer. Brawl doubles go by about as quick. So, I mean, a lot of us GOOD people will be there, so we'll make brawl games go by much faster ;)

th0rn

Smash Lord
what was the point of rewording what i said... it still meant the same thing as to what i was trying to say.
less technical.. less everything..... lol

you're right, the game isn't melee... so stop treating it like it is. The games not as good as melee so stop acting like its all competitive, and stop having tournies for such a crap game. =D

Scrubs go to brawl tournies now because they have a better chance of winning than they did melee.

Good players go to tournies to see friends and to win money because a lot of people suck.

You only like the game because of this. Stop kidding yourselves.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
what was the point of rewording what i said... it still meant the same thing as to what i was trying to say.
less technical.. less everything..... lol

you're right, the game isn't melee... so stop treating it like it is. The games not as good as melee so stop acting like its all competitive, and stop having tournies for such a crap game. =D

Scrubs go to brawl tournies now because they have a better chance of winning than they did melee.

Good players go to tournies to see friends and to win money because a lot of people suck.

You only like the game because of this. Stop kidding yourselves.
uhhhhh....spoken like a big noob?

Question....if Brawl is such a noob game, why don't you just enter the tournament and win? If you're so good, you should be able to win the tournament over a bunch of scrubs. I mean, they're only scrubs, right?

Or maybe you're the scrub.

Banks

Smash Hero
I couldn't beat anyone in a dicksucking contest, but I surely don't think it is a healthy competitive sport.

th0rn

Smash Lord
I'd rather play mario party....

I do just fine in brawl, I've already entered tournies and placed well

its just not fun to laser spam and forward b for six minutes and almost beat m2k 247 percent =/ LMAO GREAT GAME!

marth617

Smash Apprentice
I couldn't beat anyone in a dicksucking contest, but I surely don't think it is a healthy competitive sport.
lol @ that comment

but i agree a lil about brawl being alot easier then melee but i still think since brawl came out melee is going to die down n tourneys but yes brawl is sometimes annoying because there is alot of chars that can win a match just for spamming 1 move over and over(ike)

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
ohh, clever use of word filter evasion...very nice touch....Brawl presents a lack of a need of tech skill, which forces you to use your brain more....that doesn't make it a less competitive game, it just means that you won't need to apply all that tech skill you learned from Melee, but rather you'll need to learn to, you know....strategize.

lol @ that comment

but i agree a lil about brawl being alot easier then melee but i still think since brawl came out melee is going to die down n tourneys but yes brawl is sometimes annoying because there is alot of chars that can win a match just for spamming 1 move over and over(ike)

Lol, and you're calling serious Brawl players scrubs, huh?

th0rn

Smash Lord
you know, like spamming lasers over and over...
camping....
jab jab jab jab jab
f-tilt f-tilt -tilt

you gotta strategize that ****

marth617

Smash Apprentice
ummmm what??? i said yea there is some cheap chars in brawl like ike but i never said anything about serious brawl players being scrubs lol?!?!?!?!?!!?

K-dêps

Smash Cadet
I do admit Brawl is less competitive.
But I do know I'm not going to this because I feel I have a better chance to win. I was planning on going to Melee tournaments because I felt I might do OK.

But then Brawl came around and kinda screwed my Melee chances. So I decided to concentrate on Brawl since all the cool kids do it =P

So in a way Brawl made me really sad and really happy

marth617

Smash Apprentice
I do admit Brawl is less competitive.
But I do know I'm not going to this because I feel I have a better chance to win. I was planning on going to Melee tournaments because I felt I might do OK.

But then Brawl came around and kinda screwed my Melee chances. So I decided to concentrate on Brawl since all the cool kids do it =P

So in a way Brawl made me really sad and really happy
lol cool kids????

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
you know, like spamming lasers over and over...
camping....
jab jab jab jab jab
f-tilt f-tilt -tilt

you gotta strategize that ****
Oh boy......well, I guess we'll see on Saturday, assuming I make it to this thing. I mean, if you think it's so easy, you should, like, **** the **** out of me.

th0rn

Smash Lord
It would probably be anyones game... cuz the game is random. Direct quote by m2k don't argue LOL

wanna play a set of rock paper scissors instead?

K-dêps

Smash Cadet
It would probably be anyones game... cuz the game is random. Direct quote by m2k don't argue LOL

i lol'd

i do kinda wish brawl was melee 2(or more technical) at times.....is that bad?:urg:

I still really like Brawl though

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
To everyone that is complaining about the tech skill from the game IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE THERE!! unless you can convince EVO to pick up melee then I see brawl just taking over and melee dying. Even if they do pick it up then teams die and it's only singles. I think thorn should mm me in 3rd strike? $5

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace

Game's not random. Worst case scenario I'd lose a game or two, and then just beat you constantly. Maybe I just know how to play =/

P.S. I didn't realize we were playing the G&W hammer match :)

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
lols ill look into other rides by owm you might not have to worry about bringing those VLS tapes for me =(

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
you know whats funny i've heard the same complaints from people when i play Super Turbo
Scrub= "all you do is shoot fireballs and uppercut"
Me="If thats all im doing then thats all you need to beat if you wanna win,mother****er"

People will do anything to win including whoring out obscure tactics, If you wanna be the best instead of
depending on techskill to give you a free win, use your head to beat those tactics. BTW thorn Rock,Paper,Scissors actually has mindgames as long as there's unequal rewards(http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_rps.htm) , brawl has a fragile RPS system that if developed by the metagame it has the potential to be a figthing game. Instead of complaining about it the community should welcome this change and start using their heads in order to win not their "reaction and techskillz" wich melee players relied heavily upon . Now its time to stop being children and become Men.

Look im not trying to be mean to anybody but enougth is enough if you dont like the game dont play it
stop bicthing that there's no tech skill anymore and that scrubs can win by doing one thing.If their only doing one thing then thats all you have to do to win.

Quoted from Sirlin's Playing to Win

Doing one move or sequence over and over and over is another great way to get called cheap. This goes right to the heart of the matter: why can the scrub not defeat something so obvious and telegraphed as a single move done over and over? Is he such a poor player that he can’t counter that move? And if the move is, for whatever reason, extremely difficult to counter, then wouldn’t I be a fool for not using that move? The first step in becoming a top player is the realization that playing to win means doing whatever most increases your chances of winning. The game knows no rules of “honor” or of “cheapness.” The game only knows winning and losing.

I don't own Brawl and i never practice but i still enjoy goin to tourney's and actually using my head to outsmart my opponents, its not easy because the metagame is still new but its very fun to be able to play withouth the constraints of not being able to practice techskill cause i dont own the game i just play, and do my best to win.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Wow. Reading that post made me LOSE THE GAME.

Rock Paper Scissors has more tech skill than brawl.

The lack of Maine makes me sad. You guys better find a ride.

Also, someone should bring a copy of F-Zero GX because it is 80x better than brawl.

Banks

Smash Hero
The points people make in pro/anti brawl posts don't matter, it's just that melee was a better game and people want tournaments for melee to be run again. I for one don't care if brawl is good or bad (although I personally think it's dumb for tournaments lmao), I just want to play melee again in New England tournaments.

Top Bottom