• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 15: The worst TO ever! PC Approved - April 18 and 19 - Framingham, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
18 days? That's nowhere near 9 days!

Chrono Trigger DS comes out in 9 days!

I think I might play it during Melee singles!

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
What other good DS games have come out recently? I need airplane games plz.

Hopefully showing up to this, I actually practiced for once.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
How quickly do you need those DS games? If you can wait until next Tuesday, well, chrono trigger etc.
I lose access to acquiring new games Thursday night. I plan on checking around, but since I know you are king of RPGs and such, asking around couldn't hurt.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
well, Disgaea (aka crack) came out on the DS, which more or less turned it into "crack-on-the-go."

The World Ends With You has one of the best battle systems I've seen in an RPG, and easily have the best use of the DS's touch screen...the story is meh though.

Final Fantasy IV is a really good modernized version of a classic, which unfortunately means it has that "hi I'm square-enix and you're gonna miss some stuff because you didn't look at a guide" thing SE has going on lately.

FFTA2 is a pretty big improvement of FFTA in the sense that they realized the "we're gonna punish you for not playing our way" law-system works better when it's used as "we're not gonna reward you for not playing our way." The story also sorta makes sense, which is a step up from FFTA1 and the Marche being the greatest video game villain in history thing.

I haven't played either of the Etrian Odysseys but I've been told they're good if you're looking for a grindy RPG. Lots of grinding and dungeon crawling, I guess.

Dragon Quest IV is only good if you want to play a Dragon Quest game on your DS. They ruined the story (more specifically, character development) by taking out a ton of dialogue.

If you haven't played them (they're old), Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and Pokemon always exist.

IMO, your best option is to spend now until Thursday developing a time machine, going into the future, snagging a couple of copies of Chrono Trigger, playing that, while hooking me up with your extra copy. :D

Spife

Smash Master
Dazwa is win for the bit about disgaea. Much love for that game. Even though Disgaea DS is a port of Disgaea PSP which is a port of the first Disgaea game >.>

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
well, Disgaea (aka crack) came out on the DS, which more or less turned it into "crack-on-the-go."

The World Ends With You has one of the best battle systems I've seen in an RPG, and easily have the best use of the DS's touch screen...the story is meh though.

Final Fantasy IV is a really good modernized version of a classic, which unfortunately means it has that "hi I'm square-enix and you're gonna miss some stuff because you didn't look at a guide" thing SE has going on lately.

FFTA2 is a pretty big improvement of FFTA in the sense that they realized the "we're gonna punish you for not playing our way" law-system works better when it's used as "we're not gonna reward you for not playing our way." The story also sorta makes sense, which is a step up from FFTA1 and the Marche being the greatest video game villain in history thing.

I haven't played either of the Etrian Odysseys but I've been told they're good if you're looking for a grindy RPG. Lots of grinding and dungeon crawling, I guess.

Dragon Quest IV is only good if you want to play a Dragon Quest game on your DS. They ruined the story (more specifically, character development) by taking out a ton of dialogue.

If you haven't played them (they're old), Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and Pokemon always exist.

IMO, your best option is to spend now until Thursday developing a time machine, going into the future, snagging a couple of copies of Chrono Trigger, playing that, while hooking me up with your extra copy. :D
I've actually been playing FFTA2 since it came out (FFTA was one of my all-time favorite games). I only have 15 missions left until I've beaten them all. I've also tried TWEWY, but seeing as how I have no stylus, it doesn't work too well. Mario and Luigi I've beaten several times, and Pokemon is, well, Pokemon. Unless Platinum is out in the US already, I'll probably pass on that for now, since I've already beaten Pearl. Is FF1 out on the DS, because if so, I'm definitely getting it. I need to play that game so badly.

Anyone else got any DS game suggestions? I need 9 days worth.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I've also tried TWEWY, but seeing as how I have no stylus, it doesn't work too well.
Oh wow, that sounds horrible.

Get a stylus then? <_<

hmm...the only other games I could suggest are Elite Beat Agents (which would require a stylus, like TWEWY), or Mother 3, which is a GBA game.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Oh wow, that sounds horrible.

Get a stylus then? <_<

hmm...the only other games I could suggest are Elite Beat Agents (which would require a stylus, like TWEWY), or Mother 3, which is a GBA game.
I <3 EBA, although I've already beaten EBA and both japanese versions.

I'll just go googling or something. Thanks anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom