• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 11: Karaoke night - Framingham, MA - August 10th

Spife

Smash Master
if it's possible, keep it saturday. We've marked our calendars(wut spelling?) for sat and all that.

Pros and cons

Pros:
Dudutsai and...Zander/xander/alex/his brother can make it >__> (2 more people)...
Makes traveling easier (Long Live HItstun -> MM11 = Friday -> Saturday)
No brawlers (for realz)
Melee only
KevinM
Time for other events (low tier, crews)

Cons:
none

that's 6 pros to 1 con

Elen

Smash Lord
It has cons Spife. I think a change to Sunday is good at this point. We should make the date official as soon as possible though. We're still going to have the same ammount of time on Sunday, plus there's still KevinM, maybe even MORE KevinM.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm a dirty stinking brawl player but, to weigh in, if it's Sunday I'll probably try and go. And I'll bring Flaco, most likely. I'll even enter Melee and make the pot that much bigger.

Plus, just saying, if it's Sunday you get Dazwa(and Darc?) for sure. Where as a Saturday I think you'll lose him(them) to Esticle. And who would ever want less Dazwa?

(I'm sure there's others too, like Cort and stuff.)

@keN

Smash Rookie
Well I pretty much get the point that its melee only now, but will there be any room for brawl friendlies? As me and my friend only play brawl (yes, we're noobs shutup! >.>) I wouldn't really find a point in traveling if everyone is playing melee only. Is there anyway we can make room in the corner of the room for brawl friendlies? Cause then it will be all the worth.

By the by, I would bring full setups if we are allowed to do this.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So its melee only. then sorry matt, I wont go to this. as much as I love melee, everyone here plays brawl, so I get no melee practice and I am not about to go to a tourny for melee when I am not like I use to be.It be a waste of money. Guess I'll head to CT then.

Good luck with this tournament dude.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
only my brother won't be able to go if it's on Sunday. And there is a small chance he will be able to get out of camp for the day.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
So its melee only. then sorry matt, I wont go to this. as much as I love melee, everyone here plays brawl, so I get no melee practice and I am not about to go to a tourny for melee when I am not like I use to be.It be a waste of money. Guess I'll head to CT then.

Good luck with this tournament dude.

NOOOOOOOOO! I was gonna Peach match you in brawl!!!!!!

Will you come back when its MM12 and brawl again!?

-Riot

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
MM 12 in September will definitely be both Brawl and Melee. The reason we moved it to Sunday was to not interfere with the other Tournament that is on Saturday in CT.

The only reason we decided to move it is because we respect the other people running their tournament a lot. I know that Cort, The Mages, etc... bring a lot of people to Mass Madness and it wasn't intentional to schedule the same day as their Tourney. The reason we didn't move our tournament to another weekend is because they are already scheduled for a lot of other Tournaments including Rock Band and Guitar Hero which also have big enough followings here that it would be unfair to double up on them.

People are MORE THAN WELCOME to bring Brawl setups for Friendlies. We are going to be here for A LONG TIME FOR KARAOKE so I don't care how long you guys want to stay and play as long as there is still fun going on here... We will be here AT LEAST until 11pm.

We will also be getting some Soul Calibur IV Friendlies going on. And probably more awesome stuff!

Here's the deal with my Karaoke Stuff...

I host Karaoke at bars around here 4 nights a week... However, none of our customers can come cause most of them are not 21.... So occasionally we do a karaoke night here and there for them to come have fun with my stuff. Also sometimes the bars don't want us to do... Heavy metal and rap stuff... screw that I want people to be singing whatever they want and having fun. So this is a good venue for us to do that. I figure if people are gonna be here for Smash anyway let's let them stay here all night and have fun while we are here singing anyway.

I'm assuming there will be less people here than usual, however, if you come I bet this will be one of the best events ever...

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
We should do low tier + crew battles since we'll probably never get another chance at this.

Edit -- Lol, bad suggestion.

Spife

Smash Master
We should do low tier + crew battles since we'll probably never get another chance at this.

Edit -- Lol, bad suggestion.
Can I Do low tiers then? >.> Assuming I have tio on my lap top, and assuming I don't die in a horrible firey death...how many people would enter? Hell can we do a fah-reeee low tier tourny?

I never understood why in previous MM's the melee players didn't rig up a miniture tourny. I'd totally be willing to help host it but I'd rather not handle money. I've done a small tourny before and I'm confident with the help of a bracket maker I could do it again fairly easy. And if money isn't involved then...who cares!? :chuckle:

I vote for crews for sureskies though. Assuming I'm still in a crew >__>

Spife

Smash Master
double spam post what!?
I'll MM anyone in Rick Roll Kareoke >___>

and is it alright if I bring a Guilty Gear set up? I'd totally love to play people in that for a little...ah hell I"ll just bring it anyway, small ps2 is easy to carry. Need more screens *twitch*

Spife

Smash Master
more other games = less melee screens
then I'll bring a Guilty Gear screen, sheesh. Then, when we're done playing we get ONE MORE MELEE SCREEN!!!!

@Variola: Bring it. Let's do doubles in this **** too.

-Hoggle-

Smash Journeyman
- Do not leave during the tournament. If you leave you MUST tell either MattDotZeb, Vigilante, or a store manager exactly where you are going. If you have a match called during the time you are out, we are coming to get you and you're playing your match.
Wouldn't it be easier to just disqualify the person?

Roman.

Smash Champion
So who else is excited to interact with each other in a friendly however immature fashion? I know I am going to exploit my full potential to frolic immensely among anyone in visual perception.

Btw darc you have to go considering the fact we've scarcely communicated amongst one another en yet posses a financial competition.

anyone else wanna MM? ma bank just opened for business and needs a huge deposit

Tizex

Smash Journeyman
i want to come to this

i miss melee

watched too much starcraft. i'm really bad at it too

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Oh pick me. I would love to have a bankroll battle. A monetary melee. A Cash Caverade. A ducket disaster. A Dolla Duel. A Buck Brawl.

Spife

Smash Master
haha hey gais how about a money match? get it casue you rtalking about playing for money and a match is something you burn things with like my house. I can still hear the screaming....OF KEVINM WHEN I BEAT HIS BOW-BOW-BOWSER!!!! HO SNAP SONNNNNN

I'll MM anything that moves.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
haha hey gais how about a money match? get it casue you rtalking about playing for money and a match is something you burn things with like my house. I can still hear the screaming....OF KEVINM WHEN I BEAT HIS BOW-BOW-BOWSER!!!! HO SNAP SONNNNNN

I'll MM anything that moves.
Didn't I hit you with like 8 forward smashes last time you played my bowser when I'd played him for more then.. never before that :p

dudutsai

Smash Lord
25 cents guys. no more of this 50 cent - 1 dollar crap.

but I would like to get a lot of games in despite me being poor so challenge me 4 times for a dollar etc.

Edit: oh lookit my avatar spifey made it for me :)

Top Bottom