• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 XBL/PSN Discussion

g0tmilK?

Smash Rookie
I just bought MVC2 on my PS2 just yesterday, and I know noooothing about the game! Can someone direct me to a community like this but based on MVC2? Because I really want to become competitive with this game!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I just bought MVC2 on my PS2 just yesterday, and I know noooothing about the game! Can someone direct me to a community like this but based on MVC2? Because I really want to become competitive with this game!
You'll have quite a bit to catch up on.;)

A good place to learn Marvel is at SRK.
Here's their Wiki article for the game: http://www.shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Marvel_vs_Capcom_2

You can always read the threads at the SRK forums.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Wow lucky you. How much did you buy it for?

Marvel Wiki like Minato said. And most definitely play with friends!!!!!!! If you all learn to play together the learning process will come much quicker imo. And I read when learning to play start off using higher tier characters so you can learn the ins and outs before you move on to lower tier characters.

g0tmilK?

Smash Rookie
I bought it for $20 AUD from a garage sale someone was having down the street. I read on here before that this game was $80 USD or something? Wow the guy must have had no idea what he was doing, anyway it's still in good condition etc. so all good.

I really want to use Spiderman, and have heard that Doom assists him really well. So my team would be Spiderman/Doom/???. Having troule finding the 3rd person, any suggestions?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Spiderman is way too hard to use in this game.

Maybe I'm just used to Spidey in the other games, but he's terrible in this.

g0tmilK?

Smash Rookie
Yeh I heard he is hard to use and low tier and stuff like that. But I saw this really cool combo video of him on youtube, and was instantly like "must reach that status!". And plus, his my fav marvel character. =]

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well, I usually try characters out before I look at tiers to see if I'm good with them.
I tried Spiderman at the arcades when it came out, and I sucked terribly.

Then again, I wasn't proficient at utilizing assists in my teams. But he just doesn't do enough damage for me.

BTW, were you talking about this combo video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD9P1EukghA
If not, maybe you should look into using that team.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Amingo is fun.
Been using low tier all weekend, mainly Capcom characters.
Some I dislike using like Zangief even though he's my fav in every other game he's in that I play, but overall I've had a good time.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I tried playing some more MvC2 today without a stick.
Top tiers are too hard to play on a pad...

My friend is selling me a MAS stick, so I might be buying that really soon.
Then I can just buy a PS2 to Dreamcast converter when I feel like playing on that console.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Man MvC2 computer pisses me off. Once their health gets low they start to wavedash, triangle jump, use overheads if I'm ducking, or hit low if I'm standing. The difficulty is only on 3. Its so ******** how fast they get. And they block any attack I throw their way, sometimes even during one of their attack animations. I have to kill them by chip damage. All of the females, especially Storm a Rogue do this. Omega Red and Dhalsim do it too.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Man MvC2 computer pisses me off. Once their health gets low they start to wavedash, triangle jump, use overheads if I'm ducking, or hit low if I'm standing. The difficulty is only on 3. Its so ******** how fast they get. And they block any attack I throw their way, sometimes even during one of their attack animations. I have to kill them by chip damage. All of the females, especially Storm a Rogue do this. Omega Red and Dhalsim do it too.
Yeah, I hated the computer when I first played them. It didn't help that all I wanted to do was unlock characters and colors.

Again, I'm trying new teams (on a pad). Iron Man's pretty fun. I'm having trouble with his unfly combos on a pad. Maybe I should hold off on Iron Man for now.

And I might be picking up a stick real soon. I'm going through withdrawals. :laugh:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Get a custom one from here:

http://electric-trouble.com/

I am going to get a PS2/360 one from him once I get paid from working at the masters tournament here in Augusta.
Hm... the checkout part seems weird. I don't know what the total will be.

Did you get a stick from them already? If you did/when you do, could you post a pic? I want to see some examples of their sticks.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Click stick pics on their page! And you should request an invoice, that is easier than that paypal page since it is screwed up.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
@ Mith_: Who'd be top tier?
I'm putting my money on Team Snap/Crackle/Pop.

Rumours of this game getting the PSN and XBL treatment. Pulling off Mag infinites would be pretty fun online.
That'll be so tough to pull off if there's lag.
Magneto's such a frame-perfect character.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Blah.
I need to learn to wave dash.
And I'm trying to learn Hulk so I can teach this kid at school how to play with Hulk as well since he loves him no homo. I saw team Vidkill using Spiral BBHood and Hulk but I think Spiral is too advanced so I may replace her with Sakura because thats his favorite character although the THC isn't as powerful .

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I saw a PS2 copy of MvC2 at the store today.

I didn't get it since I already have the Dreamcast version.
Plus, I have the ISO of the game for my PS2 already.

Mith_

Smash Champion
How much was it?

And you gotta tell me how this ISO thing works. A lot of ppl at my school play
burned
games and I was curious how they do it. I know I would need
swap magic or a modchip
. Cuz I gotta return MvC2 to my friend sooner or later lol.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I saw a PS2 copy of MvC2 at the store today.

I didn't get it since I already have the Dreamcast version.
Plus, I have the ISO of the game for my PS2 already.
How much was it?

You can sell that on eBay for $50+

Minato

穏やかじゃない
How much was it?

You can sell that on eBay for $50+
Worse than Gamestop's deal. LOL
They're selling the game for $89.99.

That's a huge ripoff.
If it was close to 60 dollars, I would've bought it to add to my collection.
I already have Marvel Super Heroes (PSX), Marvel VS Capcom (DC and PSX), and Marve VS Capcom 2 (DC).

Mith_

Smash Champion
lol.
if you can do the whole
inject a rom into a channel
thing then i guess so. i highly doubt it though.

Zip.

Smash Lord
mvc 2 imo is one of the best 2D fighters out there..that and Street Fighter Alpha 3.. =p

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You hated Alpha 2?
I loved Alpha 2 and thought Alpha 3 was just okay.

Too many BS infinites with V-ism.
The infinites don't take that much skill compared to Marvel.

EDIT: Never mind, Marvel has some BS infinites as well that take little skill. LOL

Mith_

Smash Champion
They prolly took them out of the PS2 version. I can hardly do Iron Man's :mad:

And, I guess I hate Alpha 2 because, the computer would seriously cheat and I've never played a human opponent in that game before lol. And the anti-air normals took forever to come out.

I played Alpha 3 for the first time today. I picked V-ism Sim lol. I'm gonna learn his infinite so I can get people to stop playing it and get them playing Marvel LOL.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
They prolly took them out of the PS2 version. I can hardly do Iron Man's :mad:
They're still in.
The infinites I was referreing to were: Infinites on Sentinel, ROM Infinite, and so on.

Same goes for the "semi-infinites" that required super meter like Sentinel's HP, QCF HP, xx QCF KK and others like Cable's HVB.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Who's do you think is the easiest? I want to learn at least one.

I can do Sent's HSF loop but not AHVP loop.

Top Bottom