• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Placement on the Tier List v6

Nike.

Smash Hero
Marth's Placement on the Tier List v6

Good discussion fodder since the Marth boards have been pretty slow lately.

God
S: :metaknight:(±0)

A: :diddy:(+1) :snake:(-1) :falco: (±0)
B: :marth:(+1) :warioc:(-1) :popo:(±0) :olimar:(±0) :pikachu2:(±0)
Marth rose 1 spot, passing Wario and joining the Top5.
What are everyone's thoughts about this?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Should've joined the higher top tier. Falco sucks.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Trying to place characters based on where they should be ended up moving Pit up a ridiculous amount last time.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
No i think Pikachu is fine lol, sorry i meant after Pikachu, it shud be Dedede not Lucario.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Yea, S-B Tier look really on point this time. Like exactly what I had.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I agree with Anaky. DDD > Lucario is the only thing I'd change from God-High Tier.

I'm in love with the new tier list lol.

clowsui

Smash Legend
i dunno...i think olimar's better than marth. not sure on his matchup spread but his character traits are certainly good enough to put him at 5th...seriously, olimar is one dumb*** gay character

V

Smash Ace
I think olimar should be 6th and I honestly think fox is just as good as everybody in B tier. But I'm very pleased with marth's placement and I think that will be his home.

:phone:

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
ics are better than marth, have always been better than marth, and always will be better than marth

this tier list is ****, but it's only right because it's spawned from a **** community

embarassing

ics the third best char in the game man WTF @ this tier list

V

Smash Ace
I'd like to know how ICs are better than falco and snake

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
it isn't an ics vs marth mu discussion, it's ics overall as a character. they grab other characters much easier than they do marth

V

Smash Ace
But its such an obvious thing that 3 grabs = match that if that made them 3rd best in the game they'd already be there on the tier list regardless of they're results (which tier lists should not be based on) unless of course, the bbr is as stupid as you claim. However, maybe the bbr values the qualities of snake, falco, marth, and wario over the ICs ability to end a match with 3 grabs. Technically ike has to merely land a jab combo and fully charge his eruption for your stock. Now we both know that'll never happen because its not reasonable vs a human opponent (or even cpu lol) but how reasonable is it for ICs to land 3 grabs? Maybe not enough to put them at #3.

V

Smash Ace
That's honestly the #1 approach I look for vs every character

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
I think olimar should be 6th and I honestly think fox is just as good as everybody in B tier. But I'm very pleased with marth's placement and I think that will be his home.

Fox is great, he has some mad comboing options, but isn't the thing with him is that he can be cged so easily.... with almost anyone....

V

Smash Ace
After IC, pikachu, and sheik he has no worse than a -1 MU

The reason fox is good is since he has two great jumps and shine stall he doesn't have to commit to an approach if he doesn't want to. His laser racks up deceptive amounts of damage considering he can do 3 in a short hop. His recovery is harder to read. Decent options from the ledge. Two mobile kill moves with usmash and uair. Dair combos that do tons of damage. Great running speed = dash > shield is good to mess with opponent's spacing. He's just a good character and I think he's on par with B tier 100%

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
But its such an obvious thing that 3 grabs = match that if that made them 3rd best in the game they'd already be there on the tier list regardless of they're results (which tier lists should not be based on) unless of course, the bbr is as stupid as you claim. However, maybe the bbr values the qualities of snake, falco, marth, and wario over the ICs ability to end a match with 3 grabs. Technically ike has to merely land a jab combo and fully charge his eruption for your stock. Now we both know that'll never happen because its not reasonable vs a human opponent (or even cpu lol) but how reasonable is it for ICs to land 3 grabs? Maybe not enough to put them at #3.

is this a joke?

do you know how many grabs IC mains and non IC mains get per a match and fail to complete because nobody in this failure community spends time sharpening their skills? LOL

i'll coin "how reasonable is 3 grabs" to unintentional trolling and not say anymore

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I even feel Marth is the best in the game without MK because of his solid match-ups. Of course that is not the case with tier listing.

Just glad to see improvement and hopefully, Marth will join the upper tiers later on.

M@v

Subarashii!
Marth will be top 3 if mks gone......as long marth players step it up. There's not enough good marths to justify that high of a spot right now.

Oh, and coming from a fox player, his worst enemy is the opponent's shield.

V

Smash Ace
@ neo they might get grabs and drop them but they need to take a stock everytime to justify being 3rd.

Top Bottom