• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Placement on the Tier List v6

V

Smash Ace
Falco can force approaches, control space, and frame trap all with just lasers. He has a 2 frame jab with range comparable to our own, great evasive options, can juggle well, racks damage fast with his chain grab, and a very important but I think under appreciated quality in that he doesn't have to over commit with his bread and butter moves.

Marth has the capability to play both great offense and defense, great spacing and zoning, possibly the best out of shield options in the game (2nd to mk at worst), amazing juggle and ledge traps, kills well with fresh aerials, a dragon punch, fast walk speed to compliment his shield, safe options on shield when tipped, edgeguards well, and a great pivot grab.

Obviously I only mentioned their good atributes, and at glance marth might seem better, but falco's laser opens doors for him that marth can't, and is the one thing I think makes him better than marth.

:phone:

C.J.

Smash Master
Any move that is invincible on start-up until the hitbox comes out. Bowser's upB, DS, etc etc

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Sometimes I even feel Marth is the best in the game without MK because of his solid match-ups. Of course that is not the case with tier listing.

Just glad to see improvement and hopefully, Marth will join the upper tiers later on.
^^^^ Agreed.

Marth definately have potential to be the best character in the game. We just need more marths placing high. MikeHaze cant do it alone ya know? :cool:

Nike.

Smash Hero
When I think about the Tier List with MK gone, one thing I look at is everyone's MU spreads. Like:

• :diddy: loses to :snake:
  • :snake: loses to :marth:
  • :marth: loses to :diddy:
  • :falco: goes even with all 3

Just at the top4 characters alone, we see a perfect rock/paper/scissors scenario. This SCREAMS healthy metagame lol.

So after that, I look at how everyone does with their bad/even MU's against the rest of the cast.

:diddy:
-1: :wario: :peach: :luigi2:
0: :olimar: :toonlink: :kirby2: :rob: :pit: :mario2:

:snake:
-1: :olimar: :pikachu2: :dedede:
0: :wario: :fox:

:falco:
-3: :pikachu2:
-2: :popo:
0: :wario: :gw: :lucario: :kirby2: :fox: :pit: :sheilda: :sheik:

:marth:
-1: :dedede:
0: :popo: :toonlink: :rob: :dk2: :wolf:

Looking at it like this, I realize that Falco's the only one with straight up counter's (including a hard counter) as well as a huge list of even MU's (compared to the other 3). Just from MU's alone I'd say that Marth > Falco. With MK gone, Falco doesn't have as much a reason to be so high.

There's alot of debate about if Diddy loses to Luigi/Peach or goes even with them. He could potentially have only 2 bad MU's (Snake and Wario). Snake could potentially go even with Olimar. He also has the least even MU's, dominating the rest of the cast.

I guess I'll wait til BBR MU v2 is released before I consider the exact order since those MU's could potentially change. But yea, there's the MU perspective lol.

I think about this game too much :(

C.J.

Smash Master
Except Marth goes even w/ Diddy
=/

/steadfast in that opinion

inb4neorage

Nike.

Smash Hero
Oh, your critiques helped me ALOT. I tried some things at the past few smashfests that you commented on (mainly just being safer on the ledge) and I feel like I improved alot. Thanks <3

And diddy poops on marth

C.J.

Smash Master
You aren't a true marth main unless you publicly hate diddy kong and preach about his unbelievable amounts of gayness.
I didn't say he wasn't gay as hell! I'm just used to it so it doesn't bother me anymore. Monkey is definitely gay and annoying though.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I can be convinced that it's even... but I don't mind the monkey. The penguin and the Snake are mad gay though.

Akashi

Smash Lord
I think any Marth that thinks Snake is gay isn't entering the match with the right mentalitly. We dictate that match (unless it's FD). Get the lead, and act like you'll time him out. I agree d3 is ********... and so is Diddy <_<

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
When I think about the Tier List with MK gone, one thing I look at is everyone's MU spreads. Like:

• :diddy: loses to :snake:
  • :snake: loses to :marth:
  • :marth: loses to :diddy:
  • :falco: goes even with all 3

Just at the top4 characters alone, we see a perfect rock/paper/scissors scenario. This SCREAMS healthy metagame lol.

So after that, I look at how everyone does with their bad/even MU's against the rest of the cast.

:diddy:
-1: :wario: :peach: :luigi2:
0: :olimar: :toonlink: :kirby2: :rob: :pit: :mario2:

:snake:
-1: :olimar: :pikachu2: :dedede:
0: :wario: :fox:

:falco:
-3: :pikachu2:
-2: :popo:
0: :wario: :gw: :lucario: :kirby2: :fox: :pit: :sheilda: :sheik:

:marth:
-1: :dedede:
0: :popo: :toonlink: :rob: :dk2: :wolf:

Looking at it like this, I realize that Falco's the only one with straight up counter's (including a hard counter) as well as a huge list of even MU's (compared to the other 3). Just from MU's alone I'd say that Marth > Falco. With MK gone, Falco doesn't have as much a reason to be so high.

There's alot of debate about if Diddy loses to Luigi/Peach or goes even with them. He could potentially have only 2 bad MU's (Snake and Wario). Snake could potentially go even with Olimar. He also has the least even MU's, dominating the rest of the cast.

I guess I'll wait til BBR MU v2 is released before I consider the exact order since those MU's could potentially change. But yea, there's the MU perspective lol.

I think about this game too much :(
Pit snake should of been even...-.-

Also marth is amazing. I fully believe he deserves this spot. Idk man, USA be lacking in the tech skill department for IC. I think IC could be top 5 at least. But only if ppl step their game up. Shouldn't be dropping so many grabs -.-

Top Bottom