• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Marth's Match Ups~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Approach from the ground, or... just camp her -_-

Clowsui, that's exactly what I think. Jab & f-tilt > pch
what, i cant approach from the ground when she is throwing turnips at me -_-
the only way i wont get hit is shielding, and shielding is NOT a good idea,
anyway i think i found a way, idk what its called but short hopping space backwards> then forwards> fair would works if she has a turnip

also her jab is **** broken

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Yes, Peaches jab is pretty god like (arguably the best in the game) but she should only be using it after an aerial....so don't let her get an aerial off.

I really never approach Peach because there is no need to. Get a % lead and then Peach will definitely approach you. Peach mains know their projectile is "below par." You can easily catch a turnip too.

Catching items in Brawl is a joke. "LOL, you have a grenade/banana on a platform? Ok, time to just jump up and hit A"

dumb.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I play peaches a bit it seems like if you can get teh fair out first you will hit If i think they will fair i will run out and do a retreating fair, if i think they will bait i will wait for their float to end and then punish with DB.

Also Marth mains should learn how to ZaC properly it truelly can help a lot, The fact that you can keep somones item while fairing is really nice. As far as i know peach can only have 2 turnips out so if you can keep one and use it propery it can help.

Also counter for some inherent reason is usful in this match up. its completly possible becasue peach has a counter they forget we do to but Most peaches will Simply float and hit you while in counter .

For the most part i agree with Neon here though

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I Play Mikey Lenatia a lot and he says that all peach can do when dealing with Marth is Turnip glide toss, Float Dairs, FF Fair.

- Marth can pull a fair out faster than a Peach fair.
- Counter is also great in the Peach MU it lasts long enough and it can hit peach while she is in the air.
- when peach throws her junk at you, SH air dodge is the only way to go i think. You can easily catch it while retreating back and then just glide toss that **** lol, marth glide tosses go so **** far.
- Dancing Blades are good at poking her shield.
- Dolphin Slash out of shield works well on peach as well, she is sent a good distance away from you if it hits her.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
what, i cant approach from the ground when she is throwing turnips at me -_-
the only way i wont get hit is shielding, and shielding is NOT a good idea,
anyway i think i found a way, idk what its called but short hopping space backwards> then forwards> fair would works if she has a turnip

also her jab is **** broken
Perfect shielding says hi.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Perfect shielding says hi.
Okay u perfect shield her turnip, then what !? what did u accomplish by doing that LOL
or u perfect shield her fair ? it wont matter u cant punish her anyway LOL

besides u can only perfect shield constantly against projectiles, otherwise it's too risky

clowsui

Smash Legend
the idea between ps'ing the turnips is to mix up w/ holding the shield

peach's jab is unsafe on block

her approach on your shield if autocancelled perfectly has an advantage

since leon is a high level peach he will never misspace his fair or miss the cancel when he wants it

essentially peach approaching perfectly is a guessing game once it actually happens so you just have to be careful not to get into a pattern

however when she is making the approach what you should do is try to intercept her w/ jab or nair...if you keep getting caught create a ftilt and a half's worth of distance to reset.

another option is just trying to go above peach but that's risky

do not SHAD through her she will just dair u through it if she's smart...marth's AD is easy to punish and read

mix up between standing double and ff fairs. retreating fairs work too. you should try to move forward as little as possible w/ fairs, you want peach to move forward so you can swipe at her.

her bair is ridiculous..."dat ***". it's far more useful than fair in this matchup for her imo because hits 1 and 2 have priority + utility. when you block the bair buffer the roll as soon as u get hit so that way you roll as she's doing hit 2. it's not a surefire way but it works okay if you need a quick getaway. otherwise you need to make the read for her follow up.

Neon X

Smash Apprentice
So the people in favor of Fairs against Peach win. Even if she outranges Fair we still have to manage to get those fairs in. The guys have given a few option on what type of fairs are good against peach. So please Mr-R, get @ us :3. Trust us we got this (H)

clowsui

Smash Legend
wtf are you talking about, matchup advice is not a 'majority thing' it's a subjective, experience-based thing backed up by common sense + frame data.

she outranges fair and you still have a way to get it in, that's true, but fair is not at all the most useful move in this matchup if you really want to try and limit yourself to "most useful" etc.

the idea between the mixup of fairs is that it makes it so that she cannot predict whether you are doing "offensive" or "defensive" forward airs. moving forward with fairs should really only be a mix up because you have to try and guess where peach is going to go with her float, her float is surprisingly mobile so when she floats around you're not going to tip her unless you have a good sense of where she's going. offensive fairs in this MU are much more "still" fairs that don't move forward. if u miss with the fair and you hit her with the inside of the fair i don't feel that's a very good use of the move because peach's floating state makes follow ups stupid in my experience

Neon X

Smash Apprentice
Lol Clowsui im just kidding ok. Also i don't mean "Just go and Fair her face" im just saying you shouldn't limit yourself from using fair. Its exactly what you're saying. Just mix it up and drop the predictability.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Okay u perfect shield her turnip, then what !? what did u accomplish by doing that LOL

besides u can only perfect shield constantly against projectiles, otherwise it's too risky
Because then you can walk up to her and be in perfect range to space normally with jabs / f-tilt / fair and all that good stuff? -_________- Peach's turnips aren't fast at all, you have plenty of time to appraoch in between PS's lol

Marth can make Peach approach him, and thats when hes played best in this MU from my experience

neon-x stfu ur bad

Neon X

Smash Apprentice
neon-x stfu ur bad
Yes i know sir. Thanks for your compliment. Lol seriously im playing a Peach on wifi right now. Ill tell you guys how it goes and post what i did that worked. Obviously this will depend on this player to be good or not.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Why are we discussing this here?

This is called "~Marth's Match Ups~" not "lets all talk about Peach."

I find Wifi is amazing. When I come off of Wifi I feel like I am on steroids and can basically do anything and react to anything.

Neon X

Smash Apprentice
Why are we discussing this here?

This is called "~Marth's Match Ups~" not "lets all talk about Peach."

I find Wifi is amazing. When I come off of Wifi I feel like I am on steroids and can basically do anything and react to anything.
I agree with you lol. Its like you can perfect shield anything and you can do the impossible. Fast reflexes meaning Spot dodging at the right moments and not to mention Marth's Fair and grab control all become Melee injected O_O;

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Stick with Steel's zoning rule. If you give him enough space then he'll abuse it, so just stay close. Plus we could always jump over it's hitbox.
He's working just as hard to space as we are, it isn't like you can just get into the range you'd like to just by choosing to do so. That said, we have better tools than he does to get into our favored range.

Jab locks don't work offline. : P we have DS.
i don't think you know what a jab lock is >__>

Arrow cancelling is slow and predictable enough for us to powershield it.
eh, from short range i don't think you can PS it on reaction.

Still, even without DI, if we land a fair it doesn't matter if the bomb blows up to save him or not. We can footstool him, or fair him right after. Like Snake's c4 recovery.
It's a lot different then snake's recovery because he has a constant hitbox above him immediately prior to the explosion.

Shaya: Zair comes out in 5-6 frames I believe, it's not exactly powershield bait.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Saying this from two standpoints being: a) I know psing works wonders, and b) I got tips from a strict peach main, you can UpB OoS punish most of her aerials, even autocanceled.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
I don't think so... I played dark pch a loooong time ago, peach's fair looks really deceiving in terms if it's punishable, and most of the time I whiffed the up-b

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Dark Pch is overrated.

Hes like the funniest smasher ever. sooooooooo much trash talk and he thinks he knows like EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD about Peach in Brawl. I've played better Peaches.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I Play Mikey Lenatia a lot and he says that all peach can do when dealing with Marth is Turnip glide toss, Float Dairs, FF Fair.

- Marth can pull a fair out faster than a Peach fair.
- Counter is also great in the Peach MU it lasts long enough and it can hit peach while she is in the air.
- when peach throws her junk at you, SH air dodge is the only way to go i think. You can easily catch it while retreating back and then just glide toss that **** lol, marth glide tosses go so **** far.
- Dancing Blades are good at poking her shield.
- Dolphin Slash out of shield works well on peach as well, she is sent a good distance away from you if it hits her.
First, it's Mikey Lenetia. And also... I was saying it's a lot like the Melee matchup.

However, it isn't a good idea to say that's all Peach can do. She is equipped to punish approaches from Marth, especially with her bair against his fair, and dash attack against nair.

Counter is great... if she doesn't see it coming. It's scary to do against her because a missed counter can result in anything from Peach from a KO to damage you otherwise wouldn't have had to getting hit off the stage.

She can also bait airdodges with a turnip. If you have it in hand, all your options are at least coming out slower because of it, and it gives her more ability to rush you, especially if you're in the air. Marth glide tosses can also be seen coming a mile away, and if Peach is anywhere close to the ground she's going to block, dodge, or even Toad the turnip and hit you, so reserve it for surprises.

Dancing Blades is NOT good to spam. Peach can counter you with at least a grab after the third hit all the time if she expects it, and ~may~ be able to nair out of shield. I mean, if Zelda has enough time to grab you with shieldstun, Peach has to be able to do something worse to you, too. (I've been able to punish DB that way when playing Zelda, at least, so it's a big enough window for Peach to at least grab you.)

DS is good, too, but Peach's fair, which is the most often to hit your shield, allows for frame-perfect jabs. As such, she won't be lagging on the ground after it, and if Marth up Bs, he can be in for a world of pain. A missed up B gives Peach, at the least, a guaranteed Peach Bomber, after all, and if you're at high damages you're at risk of her usmash, which is her best killing move and WILL be fresh.

These things are good to know, but don't rely on them, especially if the player knows the Marth matchup. Peach is one of the best equipped characters to punish mistakes, so keep that in mind and try to do the above as a surprise only. I wouldn't rely on up Bs to land, for instance, if the Peach knows they're in kill range of it, and the like.

Sorry. I saw that post, and had to point out flaws about it. I'll leave you Marths to your discussions now. ^_^

Xyless

Smash Master
Why would Marth try to catch her bair and glide toss it back at her?

Mr-R

Smash Champion
You know what would really help, if there was a video with 2 top players regarding this match up :p

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
about even

Larry says its dead even Mike says its even or slight marth (last time i asked him)

Both have nasty CGs on each other

Falco has camping

marth has phyical range

both have good edge guarding options on each other

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I've played MikeHAZE, Havok, and Zex (Zex very recently, we went 1-1 at TP in MM).

All have told me they think it's even/evenish.

Saying this from two standpoints being: a) I know psing works wonders, and b) I got tips from a strict peach main, you can UpB OoS punish most of her aerials, even autocanceled.

Peach fair grants frame advantage on shield. You CANNOT up-B OOS if she spaces fair on shield right. She can shield before the up-B connects thanks to shieldstun.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Dark Pch is overrated.

Hes like the funniest smasher ever. sooooooooo much trash talk and he thinks he knows like EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD about Peach in Brawl. I've played better Peaches.
Stfu dude. Dark pch is pretty cool, he just has alot of mentality problems.

He doesn't talk ****, have you seen is last few posts?

Mr-R

Smash Champion
lol wut I've played good falcos, and f smash isn't really thaaaat good

Player-3

Smash Hero
i love fighting falcos, first stock i just fish for grabs and see how they react to them

except last time i fought one on wifi he lived till 250% cuz i couldn't get inside the lasers for a kill move and ps1 has a really stupid windmill LOL

Neon X

Smash Apprentice
Falco can be easily Nair cancelled into reverse Fsmash. But still you have to use everything in this MU. SB, OoS Ds, DB also abuse your grabs. Marth can do some Flashy chaingrabs on Falco. Not to mention the fthrow in Smashville's edge and catching Falco again in the moving platform then fthrow him to his death.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Falco can be easily Nair cancelled into reverse Fsmash. But still you have to use everything in this MU. SB, OoS Ds, DB also abuse your grabs. Marth can do some Flashy chaingrabs on Falco. Not to mention the fthrow in Smashville's edge and catching Falco again in the moving platform then fthrow him to his death.
Nair canceled into reverse F smash eh

Are you forgeting that if they shield the first hit (as there won't be a second in this case) your eating a CG?

Two you aren't going to F throw falco to his death with throws alone on anything but Castle siege at 0 percent (not to mention why you would CP Castle seige on falco)

you srs want to sheild breaker falco when he is camping lasers? 1 laser close up is a grab or Dacus for a good falco SB is almost usless here

P3 I posted in their thread

Mr-R

Smash Champion
powershield laser> backrol......... beats falco's side b (assuming he's gonna side b after lasers )
powershield laser> dash attack......... beats his lasers ( assuming he's gonna continue spamming lasers )
that is ofcourse when hes camping,
at close range, fair/db/up b/d tilt
dont try to f smash him out of his side b up smash is better in most cases

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Eh? Go with what Mr-R said. Instead of having that slight chance of missing.
I personally like to jab and neutral air their phantasms.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Ok we're about to get this started. I need... two-three people who think they have enough general knowledge to write match up summaries (you will work alongside some of the other senior members, namely Shaya and hopefully Junk).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom