• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Match Up Index

PEACE7

Smash Champion
I disagree with the Diddy one as well as Falco I think those are 50-50 for example in my experience against Diddy it can go either way his fair beats ours he can camp us very well and if he has both bananas for example one at hand and one in front of him, he can shoot peanuts and wait for us to approach then punish afterwards, if we try to perfect shield our way through peanuts we are forced to dash attack or fair/nair before the banana to pick it up and hit him, where he can just glidetoss the banana at us and move backwards then hit us away with a fair or grab us and throw us. What my friend also does a lot at low percents is grab me and uthrow to uair which gets us at 22% right at the start this is one less percent compared to our fthrow to tipper on diddy. Uthrow also sets up juggles for Diddy with his bananas to keep us up in the air above him. Since his fair beats ours off stage we will have to try to spike him from above , which can be prevented if he recovers high. he can b reversal to mix up where he will land along with his side b. Side B hump off stage can kill us if we arent careful. His spike is decent. He can barrel cancel if we try to stage spike him and at high percents if the barrel hits us we are dead. If we arent careful we will get banana locked. Im not sure about most Diddys but my friend can also Single Naner lock if he perfect shields a fsmash or other laggy moves. Diddy also has an infinite on us with 1 Banana, which can be done out of a double or single banana lock. His ftilt is a good kill move and has the most range out of all his moves except maybe his fair. Fthrow >Dash attack> uair/utilt/fair is also a good combo for Diddy on us at low percents, we can up B it but if they know we are going for it that lets them uthrow>uair us or get a charged dsmash on us.

On the good side bananas will give us a setup for fsmash/dsmash, Our glidetoss goes pretty far, we can use jump cancel tosses instead if we are up close. We have a grab release on diddy but it ONLY works if he struggles (worthless in my case cause my friend knows it only works if he struggles :( ) Hes light weight so he dies early,. We might be able to double banana lock diddy with jump cancel tosses but havent tested it and good diddys will make it hard to get one banana if any. Instant throws are key in this MU for either side,. Jab can break the peanuts and sometimes leaves the nuts on the floor to heal with. You can fair/nair him out of his up B. If we can avoid their fair we can get them with our fair afterwards, If there is a banana on the ledge while your hanging from it you can either drop off fair to catch it or drop of double jump and instant throw it at diddy to catch him off guard. There's some other things but I can't remember at the moment. Ill alsoexplain how I feel about the Falco MU later. (Hopefully no Diddys see this).

RandomMarthScrub

Smash Cadet
Id like to see this thread up and running again, and with matchup ratios from the ones that the BBR made. Information can just be added to each topic, dont need to create new ones (well we do but it'l be alright).

C.J.

Smash Master
Because when Shaya first made the OP is was amazingly beautiful. Then smashboards went and changed their html coding or something techy like that which killed it.

Ykana

Smash Cadet
Leon talk to Ramin about it if you wanna use Marth, hes the best ive seen at the matchup.

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
ok ykana I will ask him thanks,

clowsui : come on man, I must be better than my oppponent, I need some tips with marth no peach

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Marth's bair beats like everything horizontally.

If you space it vertically properly, Marth can beat out just about everything with back air. This is because at the maximum range of bair, the sword is well above's Marth's head, and his arm is angled as well to reduce hurtbox coverage.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Dedede against Marth has "shut down options" we don't have viable options to counter act.

MK has the edge in terms of viable reads but we can combat all of his options if we pick the right option, pretty much.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Dedede against Marth has "shut down options" we don't have viable options to counter act.

MK has the edge in terms of viable reads but we can combat all of his options if we pick the right option, pretty much.
Yeah, but we can't keep a solid momentum lead against MK, while we can easily against D3.

Top Bottom