• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Q&A-Ask your questions here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGMavn

Smash Apprentice
What's the best way to approach Link/get the timing down for his projectiles? I watched Ken vs. Aniki and saw Ken nair most of the bombs/boomerangs away, but I can't seem to get the timing down.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
What's the best way to approach Link/get the timing down for his projectiles? I watched Ken vs. Aniki and saw Ken nair most of the bombs/boomerangs away, but I can't seem to get the timing down.
Boomerangs you are able to knock away really easily because u can jab/f-air/f-tilt them away

the bombs are a bit harder to avoid but in general u can swipe them too just make sure u are farther away from it cuz i think the bomb explodes as you hit it (not sure) depending on what move you use

if you learn to you can also just catch the bombs just make sure that they arent about to explode

just get near link and make him fight you instead of camp you link is strong but he is pretty slow and combos are usually easy

generally thats my plan but i dont fight too many links ... so.. I dont know much more.... T_T

Rex+

Smash Ace
the bombs are a bit harder to avoid but in general u can swipe them too just make sure u are farther away from it cuz i think the bomb explodes as you hit it (not sure) depending on what move you use

Actually, you can use the first swipe from Marth's Side-B against bombs. It doesn't make them explode, just sends them straight up and away for you. It's much safer than using a normal attack to get rid of it.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Actually, you can use the first swipe from Marth's Side-B against bombs. It doesn't make them explode, just sends them straight up and away for you. It's much safer than using a normal attack to get rid of it.
Oh yea i don't know what makes the bombs explode or not its watever though im glad others know lol

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
you dont fast fall it and whats the diference between the one where u hold back and the one were u just fast fall it
Oh well the move is no different from a shffl attack you can choose to Shuffl the attack or not shffl it and do two attacks.

The only real difference is where you move one u move up and back. A regular shuffl attack goes straight up then back down.

Imperial Wraith

Smash Journeyman
you dont fast fall it and whats the diference between the one where u hold back and the one were u just fast fall it
The one where you hold back makes you move backwards while fairing. You can still fastfall however, but you'll get less distance.

A normal fastfalled fair just goes straight up and down, and is quicker than a backwards fair which has travelled the FULL distance backwards.

smasher01

Smash Ace
do u know aney techniques that i can do so i can do a f air then l cancel than a up tilt.
i keep upsmashing the up tilt after the L cancle

smasher01

Smash Ace
do u know aney techniques that i can do so i can do a f air then l cancel than a up tilt.
i keep upsmashing the up tilt after the L cancel

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well it largely depends on the character you face but in general you abuse the fact that you have great range.

Its all about spacing and you try to leave our opponent with little options from such as long distance.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Teczero do not humor questions such as those plz.

You know what I mean.

Egon

Smash Rookie
Short hop double Fair L cancel

I've heard about slide inputting, but i can't seem to figure out how to short hop double Fair, let alone L cancel afterwards.
Do i just short hop off of "x" and slide onto "a" really fast or is there a certain amount of time i need to wait? I try to slide fast, but the lag from jumpnig seems to take too long for the swipe. By the first swipe there's not enough time for me to do the second swipe.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Teczero do not humor questions such as those plz.

You know what I mean.

LOL sorry Emblem Lord i almost forgot how much you despise those lmao.

Although it does seem like this thread will soon be flooded with stuff like:

"What is the easiest way to perform shuffl aerials"

or whatever you know what i mean lol.

Btw to kill all the "How do you perform" questions I guess Emblem Lord wants me to post something along the lines of.

... practice.... a lot.

LOL

Egon

Smash Rookie
is that basically referring to my question teczero?
because i was more asking about the technical actions, not how to short hop or how to l cancel or fast fall.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
is that basically referring to my question teczero?
because i was more asking about the technical actions, not how to short hop or how to l cancel or fast fall.
Umm no not really i mean i really dont mind answering performing questions. Emblem Lord tends to hate questions thats either been answered previously or on something else i dont know.

anyway ill just answer your question...... even if EL will kill me later... :(

anyway its basically when you want to perform a double aerial attack with marth

basically all you do is short hop forward and IMMEDIATELY after press the A button while u you are moving forward (still tilting it forward... of course...).

There isnt a need to slide it its actually not very difficult to do but if you feel the need to slide it then by all means.

if you do it right you have room to do another aerial (f-air,up-air are the favorites)

well... since EL asked me too ill try not to answer too many of those questions they just have been answered already hence thats how i know it.

EDIT: o and what i mean by "how to perform" means anything. From the basics to more advanced moves they are all a part of your tech skill. I barely can perform the ultra technical things but apparently you are technical if your movements are good and you have mastered the basics. Therefore short hopping/multi-aerials/wavelanding and such are considered tech skill.

SWORDMASTER X7

Smash Cadet
I need to improve my strategy in Math dittos. I always end up losing in tournaments to other Math players. So what are some effective strats for Marth dittos.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I need to improve my strategy in Math dittos. I always end up losing in tournaments to other Math players. So what are some effective strats for Marth dittos.
LOL great typo math ditto lmao

anyway i know i posted this somewhere... but watever in general to sum it up

You want as much of the stage in your control as you possibly can.

Or in other words push him back toward the edge of the stage using pressuring tactics.

Otherwise i dont have very specific example just dont F-smash spam cuz if you miss an F-smash you receive an F-smash.. lol

LordZosh

Smash Rookie
I know most of you will want to shoot me for this... but I've read all the DI forms and help menus and stuff... even watched a lot of videos on youtube... I know when you need to use it.. but what exactly do you press on the controller?

I know you have to smash the C-Stick and the analog at the same time within 6 (or whatever) frames of being hit (depending on the attack of course)... but which direction should you aim at? Also, is there a difference if you direct the C-stick one way and the analog another way?

Lets use Gannons warlock punch for example:

If Gannondorf punches you to the left, should you DI directly right, or slightly up/down?

Randizzle

Smash Ace
up and a bit to the right if ganon punches you (foward air) to the left. If you're at a lower percent you can also try DI down and hope to tech if you have enough room on the stage.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
sorry..stupid question..but how can i punish sheik's dtilt..i'm not exactly sure how it works..i've sorta forgotten..sheik can't be grabbed during it right?
is that the whole thing or just part of it? ie can i shieldgrab the dtilt at all?

also when your fair gets CCed near max range by a dtilt from sheik what should you do? what are your options? do you have time to shield? i would think if you tip that you could...

and i'm guessing if you don't get near a sweetspot then nothing works and you get hit..though you can still CC i bet..though maybe i'm wrong..after a certain percentage doesn't sweetspotted fairs knock them down? something to do with them getting flung up too high then smash DIed down by their CC which causes them to fall over?

though in that case i should just be fairing to fsmash or techchase no?

if he's dtilting to dtilt..should i wavedash back between dtilts and fsmash or will that get me caught (assuming max range)? or just drop my shield and CC his dtilt into a grab? which if any of these options are viable?

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
The great thing about playing marth dittos, or dittos in general, is you know exactly why your opponent is beating you. Just figure out what he's doing and copy it more or less.

I feel there is more to the above statement than meets the eye. It's an effective training skill when learning a character. True it's only for one match-up, but it teaches how to play the character correctly (assuming your opponent plays the character and is better than you).

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
ya freaking hell..so people who play marth against me in marth dittos slowly get better at it...grrr..and i don't have enough good marths around to do the same..i need to play ether sometime.

meh found the answers to that stuff on my own through testing..sorry to bother

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
can marth upthrow falcon into a fsmash at like 70%? also what options does marth have when he grabs a shiek at like 40%+?

Retroking2000

Smash Master
dsmashing well if they always dsmash i am assuming they are CC your attacks if so you space your attacks hitting with the tip they can only dmsash you if they are inside of you . but in your shield you can upb but i would recommend at percentage at least over 50% . because the dsmash is so laggy a shield grab will always be yours i say just learn how to combo of grabs such as upthrow , uptilt , fairs

well it depends on how fast you dtilt and and how close the peach is . because the dsmash will always out prioritize the dtilt but since the dtilt is easy to cancel you wont get punished that easily if smash away on the control stick so you can dash out of dtilt when the 20 frame animation ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom