• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Q&A-Ask your questions here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulgarian_kid

Smash Cadet
What works best in a marth ditto, other than f throw -> f throw -> f smash>

Also, how should you DI to try to get out of that throw to smash combo?

Puffin

Smash Apprentice
When pivoting, is the FSmash the only attack you can pull out in the same direction you are dashing? I know I can dash toward someone, then hit away on the control stick and toward them on the C-Stick and it will work. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but for FTilts you have to dash, move the control stick part-way to the other side (just past center) and then press A, turning around. Jabbing is the same, but you let the control stick go to neutral before pressing A (I think).

Is that all correct?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Yes, that's all correct. F-smash is the only thing that you can actually pivot into attacking in the same direction you are facing. That's because the foward smash is the only standing move that you can turn around with while not actually using the control stick. If you use the flick method for pivoting then you can turn around and do other attacks because you're really just doing an empty pivot and then turning around.

bulgarian_kid

Smash Cadet
What can marth do against ganondorf out of a grab? What works at what percents?

My Marth game relies heavily on grabs, and when I was playing my friends ganon I didn't know what to do to combo him after a grab.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
He just answered you..and We can't answer every little nit pick question, you have to figure things out on your own, read my guideline thread and get an idea of this. We can't tell you exactly how to play the game.

Up-throw to up-tilt works depending on how long the ganon is going to let it work.

bulgarian_kid

Smash Cadet
Yeah, you were nice . I just have a habit of berating myself rather harhsly for making stupid mistakes, in addition to what anyone says.

I hate when I'm a dumb***.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
When you SHFFL with Marth (f-air), do you do all three virtually at the same time (like, fair first and INSTANTLY ff and l-cancel)? Or do you do it the other way (f-air as you normally would, and then ff + l-cancel when you reach the peak of your jump or whenever you're done f-air'ing)

Puffin

Smash Apprentice
When you pull on the aerial in a SHFFL is situational. Usually (especially when attacking a shield), you'll want to do the aerial as late as possible so you can run or attack again immediately after the aerial. However, if the opponent is right in your face, you'll want to aerial him at the start of the jump.

Jeth

Smash Rookie
The guys I play with now play as Marth (copy cats!) and they roll a lot too. The other one a lot more. Traveling distances with roll, basically. I don't get to play Smash a lot and still trying to incorporate the wavedashing and SHFFL more. And they beat me more than they really should...

Edit: Every time I play Smash after a week of two of no Smash action, I am always playing very lame in the beginning too. Gotta get Smash back on!

The one who travels with roll, he is very F-smash spammer, as well as standard B. I sometimes wavedash right into them D:

My SHFFL f-airs attempts don't always work because he'll just f-smash me which has higher priority. I tried intentionally missing as a mind game but he will just do another f-smash right away, most likely.

Any advice?

Salaad

Smash Ace
The guys I play with now play as Marth (copy cats!) and they roll a lot too. The other one a lot more. Traveling distances with roll, basically. I don't get to play Smash a lot and still trying to incorporate the wavedashing and SHFFL more. And they beat me more than they really should...

Edit: Every time I play Smash after a week of two of no Smash action, I am always playing very lame in the beginning too. Gotta get Smash back on!

The one who travels with roll, he is very F-smash spammer, as well as standard B. I sometimes wavedash right into them D:

My SHFFL f-airs attempts don't always work because he'll just f-smash me which has higher priority. I tried intentionally missing as a mind game but he will just do another f-smash right away, most likely.

Any advice?
Run at him with a shield. If he Fsmashs, use the lag time to grab him. Or you can always fake him out with a dash dance.

Imperial Wraith

Smash Journeyman
I need help! After going to a recent smashfest, i've discovered i'm absoultely appaling at recovering. Does anyone have any tips, other than saving your jump till last?

Like in a Marth Ditto, the other Marth lightsheilds on the edge, so I go for a sweetspot, and in responce when i'm too low to get back onto the stage itself he just hops off onto the edge :p. I die xD.

Adi

Smash Lord
Use Over-B's to stall and Fairs to try to hit him on the edge. Also, saving your double jump and using it later is good, it's about da mindgames!

AzureKiteSky

Smash Cadet
Very true. saving your second jump for closer to the stage pretty much saves you from the question of how to get back up from a hanging position, which ususally leaves you open no matter what you do.

Imperial Wraith

Smash Journeyman
Thanks alot for the advice :). I already knew using over b's to stall and saving your second jump were good tactics, but what i'm really looking for are ways to mix up my recovery and stuff. (Does that sound as vague as I think it does)?.

Ryusiodo

Smash Apprentice
Stupid question but do most of Marth's basic combos consist of just fairs, nairs, uptilts with a F-Smash or dair spike at the end. I'm slowly trying to get away from praciticing random shffling on computers and to learn combos for Marth.

Edit: Sorry if that isn't worded well. ^^ By basic I mean staple combos that basically all Marths use if there are any.

AzureKiteSky

Smash Cadet
Just another tip, when juggling with Marth, dont go too far out of your way to get directly under your oponent, as Marth's large swings make accurate juggling easy.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
sorry to bother again..but i've forgotten..does normal di not work on shines (fox's or falco's?) i just realized i always try for smash Di on falco's combos..i think i was told to do that..but why wouldn't normal di moe you out of the shines and away? i mean is that little bit of extra distance from smash di that important?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Normal DI works on shines and it's usually enough. Falco's combos are more about DIing away and teching.

But Smash DI is good for that extra distance.

I mean..is there is any reason to opt to not do what's better?

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i guess not..oh one more question..i don't understand stage normal rules

so random stage..if you win on it can you still use it as a counterpick? and you can keep counterpicking a stage till you win there? and the opponent could counter pick the same stage that you had already won as a counterpick (if they planned a different char matchup maybe)?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Dave's stupid rule would prevent all of what you just said.

Meaning you can't play the same stage in a set. Some tournies modify it so that you can't play the same stage in a row, but still be able to play the same stage as long as it's not in a row. My crew for example modifies Dave's stupid rule.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Its amazing how obvious some things can be and people come right in and ask.. (No one pays our stickies any attention emblem! )

By the way, emblem, my computer crashed, I lost everything, I'm having to redownload everything..just now got yahoo back, I'll try to get aim somewhat soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom