• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Q&A-Ask your questions here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i dont think you just chill and like stand still son lol

i would think like your doin some fairs movin back and forth a little bit but stayin in that range..
but yea defensive spacing is a good name for that.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
was the point of the defensive spacing in that video to avoid being rested? Or just because that's how he was playing vs Jiggs or just that match?

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
was the point of the defensive spacing in that video to avoid being rested? Or just because that's how he was playing vs Jiggs or just that match?
I think it's to stay at the range where Jigglypuff has to approach, since Marth's range and priority is better. It just keeps him much safer, avoiding being grabbed or even hit a lot of the time. I could be wrong, just speculating.

bolt.

Smash Ace
Would someone here be kind enough to give me about 3 ways of training my Marth when I have nobody to play with? Please.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Would someone here be kind enough to give me about 3 ways of training my Marth when I have nobody to play with? Please.
Mainly, work on being fluid. Just take a bit of time to just maneuver your way about the stage (wavelands, wavedashes, etc. etc.)

Perfect SHFFLing if you haven't already, and practice cging against computer spacies.

Fastfall your edgehog, and practice teching on mines. That's all I can think about atm. Oh yeah, you can practice tipper-ing fsmashes and fairs on the shyguys if you want on Yoshi's Story. That will help you get the spacing down.

Tero.

Smash Champion
learn the range of ur moves and the ending lag/iasa frames

edit: learn to do perfect sweetspots with upB also as allready said: perfect shffls and autocancelled nairs

bolt.

Smash Ace
Alright thank-you for the help.

I am really bad at wave landing, my wavedashing is mediocre, and my shffling is lacking the L. I am capable of doing it, but I always for get during matches.

Teching with mines is a cool idea, I had never thought of that. Thanks.

My upB does need work, mainly with timing though. I am never sure when to try and pull one off.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Alright thank-you for the help.

I am really bad at wave landing, my wavedashing is mediocre, and my shffling is lacking the L. I am capable of doing it, but I always for get during matches.

Teching with mines is a cool idea, I had never thought of that. Thanks.

My upB does need work, mainly with timing though. I am never sure when to try and pull one off.
You mean to sweetspot it?

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Yeah it just takes loads of practice is all. I'd simply keep practicing SHFFLing all my aerials. Once you have a good idea of the timing (which vaires btw if you hit a shield/actual opponent/or totally miss) get int the habit of dashing away after them. Dashing after your SHFFL aerials will make your movements very smooth and it will be a very important tool in your smash career. Oh and stay away from CPUs. >.<

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it just takes loads of practice is all. I'd simply keep practicing SHFFLing all my aerials. Once you have a good idea of the timing (which vaires btw if you hit a shield/actual opponent/or totally miss) get int the habit of dashing away after them. Dashing after your SHFFL aerials will make your movements very smooth and it will be a very important tool in your smash career. Oh and stay away from CPUs. >.<
Level 1 CPUs are fine. Just don't go any higher as you'll adapt to the way that they play (ie. how they DI into your hits, how they recover).

bolt.

Smash Ace
Alright, I guess I will stay away from cpus. Considering I have over 1000 matches with them though, should I only play during tournaments and with friends?

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I guess I will stay away from cpus. Considering I have over 1000 matches with them though, should I only play during tournaments and with friends?
Nah, combos on level 1 CPUs are fine. If you want, you can make them level 6 because they DI like people do I think (don't quote me on this).

Yeah, try to go to smasfests regularly, you'll pretty much improve every time you play in one.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Me personally, that is what I will do. Sure you may get tricked by human tendencies but you'll catch on to them the more you play humans. Alone, just brush up on tech skill on FD. Oh and I'd also train on Battlefield as well. Im sure you know but the edge is really gay there, so knowing how to sweet spot on that level will save you a lot of stress and stocks.

Maybe level 1s are ok, I don't know...I refrained from touching CPUs. lol

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
This thread is being laid to rest as Cactuars thread the creator is much more active and its fruitless to have two of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom