• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth is 7th on the New Tier List

Tari

Smash Apprentice
inui is just being silly. marth mains just need to step it up more, that's all there is to it.

marth is a great character, definitely up there and does well vs. several top tier characters...but recently no one has been doing exceptionally well with marth and of course the individuals behind the tier list are going to rate him according to the evidence presented to them...and as far as i know, marth hasn't won any significant tournaments, so obviously that isn't helping marth's placement much. there isn't much evidence supporting a higher placement for marth, so obviously more people need to step it up and "show them that evidence" to put marth where he deserves to be.

...yea
Will do! Personally.. I'll just go find M2K and fight him! Then I'll beat his MK and give tons of evidence that Marth can ****..

No but seriously though.. I noticed that one of the main reasons Marth hasn't won any significant tournaments is because a few of them actually quit Marth when it gets too tough. Plus, isn't it all about growing and getting better? Not quitting when we can't win?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Will do! Personally.. I'll just go find M2K and fight him! Then I'll beat his MK and give tons of evidence that Marth can ****..

No but seriously though.. I noticed that one of the main reasons Marth hasn't won any significant tournaments is because a few of them actually quit Marth when it gets too tough. Plus, isn't it all about growing and getting better? Not quitting when we can't win?
The thing is, Marth is a difficult character to master, and even then we're in a rocky situation. It is tough because we lose, even if it's slightly, to the two best characters in the game, and those two particularly are the most present. So, we have to work not only 2x as hard, but probably even 4X as hard to succeed.

But hell, I ain't *****ing. I think we really just have to go out to tourneys, place, place place. Pierce is getting top 5s, and he gets a lot of practice we an array of top tiers. We can do this lol

Tari

Smash Apprentice
The thing is, Marth is a difficult character to master, and even then we're in a rocky situation. It is tough because we lose, even if it's slightly, to the two best characters in the game, and those two particularly are the most present. So, we have to work not only 2x as hard, but probably even 4X as hard to succeed.

But hell, I ain't *****ing. I think we really just have to go out to tourneys, place, place place. Pierce is getting top 5s, and he gets a lot of practice we an array of top tiers. We can do this lol
I'm with you on that. =D Though I think we could all probably help shift Marth up the tier list. Practice, practice, practice. And any time there's a tournament we can go to, go to it and win.

/Taunt. "Mina~! Mitte kure!!"

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I'm with you on that. =D Though I think we could all probably help shift Marth up the tier list. Practice, practice, practice. And any time there's a tournament we can go to, go to it and win.

/Taunt. "Mina~! Mitte kure!!"
lol well ima try my best the 13th, NY is a tough crowd -_-

Tari

Smash Apprentice
lol well ima try my best the 13th, NY is a tough crowd -_-
Well.. I had the choice to go to the Mississauga tourney tomorrow.. or rather today.. but I'm gonna pass it up so I can go break a world record. ><; Or attempt to.

And go kick S-tier ***!

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
new tier list depiction:

credit to djbrowny for that one, good **** lol

And the fact that MK cut the ladder, ooh it stings don't it?

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
My brethren, I come to you on this day to address the travesty that hath begotten our people....

We hath been betrayed by our own kind, the primate whom dances with bananas. We once considered him brother to our cause; the cause for which we rage this eternal war; to destroy the winged menace that is METAKNIGHT. Evidence of our brother's success in battle hath reached the interests of the smash gods in their domain of review. The monkey wholeheartedly accepted their gift of elite rank, and left his former rival and companion, us, behind.

While our former allies have moved on, our people hath regressed into rank 7. Yes, 7 is still feared because 7 hath eaten 9, but this placement cannot and SHALL NOT be allowed. Our community and brotherly bond tramples that of others. Our ideas and ingenuity hath been replicated and stolen by their ranks in attempts to match our greatness; but, my brothers, I am here on this day to proclaim "THEY HAVE FAILED!" Our elitism hath more merit behind it than any dogma that the flying fiend could muster. His ranks are filled with cowards, feeding their wallets with the hard earned funds of the valiant, we among them.

My brothers! I come to you on this day to ask you a question: Are we men? Are we going to allow this travesty to progress? Will we permit this putrid poison to continue infecting our community?

My brothers! To these questions I answer "NAY!" We must fight and defeat our menace and prove to the smash gods that we belong with the ranks of the Snaykes and the Falconics.

My brothers! On this day we must take up our banner and wave it boldly across the lands as we march until our dieing breath! Today we fear no more! Today we FIGHT! Today we shall be victorious!

In the words of Pittacus: VICTORY IS OURS!!!

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Take's speech has moved me, simply because 6 is afraid of 7, and yes 7 hath ate 9. Gah, I want to go to this tourney already...

Lol that picture is awesome =P It shows the chance that only Marth may make it up there.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Those three chars are definitely better than Marth. However, Dedede I REALLY feel is not S tier quality. They should move him down a spot, if not one below Marth.

But whatever, not much to discuss. We all knew Marth would stay 6th or 7th, that won't be changing ever.
DDD still has excellent tourney results.

Tari

Smash Apprentice
take, you are officially one of my new heroes. That post made me lol. All that could probably be needed would be a Sparta kick, or in Marth's case... a tiara lift.

Tari

Smash Apprentice
I say we rebuild the ladder, and climb up it using Pikachu's thunder, IC's ice blocks, the Pikmin, and Game & Watches food you distract them. Kirby can jump up and swallow MK and bring him down here.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
I'm actually quite comfortable with his current placement. And that picture was absolutely epic.

"Yes, 7 is still feared because 7 hath eaten 9" - Never forget.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I say we rebuild the ladder, and climb up it using Pikachu's thunder, IC's ice blocks, the Pikmin, and Game & Watches food you distract them. Kirby can jump up and swallow MK and bring him down here.
There's a C4 on the ladder.

Now you're ****ed having "ladder climbing commitment lag."

Tari

Smash Apprentice
Umm if Marth got any better he'd be as/more broken then MK -_- I like Marth just as he is, bar his weak grab damage but that's still cool, cause we get Fthrow --> Fsmash!
A little more grab reach would be better, or rather.. it couldn't hurt. Well.. it could.. but it couldn't hurt us. =D

Albert.

Smash Master
as long as we are fruitlessly discussing ways to improve our shared main... I'd say cut the lag from Bair or something. and If Ftilt was faster

just think about how much better Marth would be with just those two minor changes.

LOL what about "auto-tipper" hacks
ahahaha

Fear the FSmash!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I feel as if this beloved thread is going to be a spamfest soon.

Talks of "Super Smash Bros. Marth" is a pretty big hint of it.

Also Ruky, Marth would only be as broken as MK if any 'buffs' on him take away from his weaknesses. The biggest weakness in the long run though is fighting for the kill (lacks a reliable and safe kill move, although he gets it lucky compared to peeps like Samus and Toon Link). This becomes a huge issue in SSBB since Marth cannot combo into a kill unless his opponent is in the most dumb situation possible, as well as the decay system (which decays stuff rather a lot o_O).

You don't see that weakness too often in Melee or Brawl+, but let's say Melee Ganon. If you don't combo him to death before you meet the "quota percent," Ganon can live up to 200%+ simply because you can't land the kill.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
I think they shouldn't of taken away Marth's range. He's practically got a butter knife now considering MK's little sword has more reach.

lolololol

Top Bottom