• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Gathering @ COT4 kekekeke

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
*Keitaro CP's PT on NEO (his new "marth cp")
Eazy: Dude wtf are you doing ? marth can...
keitaro: shut up go away
*NEO spikes squirtle on the death combo
*Keitaro looks at Eazy
WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME MARTH HAD A DEATH COMBO ON SQUIRTLE?
I WAS TRYING TO TELL YOU BUT YOU TOLD ME TO SHUT UP

that match was hilarious to anyone who saw it

VietGeek

Smash Hero
*Keitaro CP's PT on NEO (his new "marth cp")
Eazy: Dude wtf are you doing ? marth can...
keitaro: shut up go away
*NEO spikes squirtle on the death combo
*Keitaro looks at Eazy
WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME MARTH HAD A DEATH COMBO ON SQUIRTLE?
I WAS TRYING TO TELL YOU BUT YOU TOLD ME TO SHUT UP

that match was hilarious to anyone who saw it

It's Keitaro Time!

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
the tourny was good until the 6 hour delay :(

sorry I couldn't play all you you guys that came to the tourny I had to play so many doubles matches it wasn't funny.

and ck's right you guys should def. come to brawl till you fall on march 28th.

lol at eazy losing the sheik challenge when I was pink :laugh: jk <3

you too steel :grin:

singles just wasn't my thing for this tourny (alot of bad decisions costs me two sets that it shouldn't have. no johns tho :) )

next ecrc will be a lot different :)

hope you guys can make it.

∫unk

Smash Master
If your only match up on these internets was one where you're way off your game, you'd understand how that makes me feel now :(
Don't be in denial. A legitimate 3-stock is not a matter about being on or off your game. Matches of me up are all pretty old and bad but idc.

And to actually address your points...
1. A 55-45 at best but more likely a 45-55 is not a counter. Snake doesn't have the tournament results right now to be a counter to MK at all. DDD v DK is a counter.
2. Even if Reflex is, saying someone is the best PT without even playing the WC is just stupid. I doubt you even know who the WC PT's are.
3. Making a judgement about WC off a single poster... about as dumb as 1 and 2.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I wasn't complaining, and you can ask Steel yourself how differently I played the second game than the first we did. I tried camping in a Marth ditto, trying something out. It didn't work. So what? I never actually get to play the ditto, and Steel plays them very often.

You're being an ******* and I don't much care for it. Also, off tournament results I can very clearly say he's the best PT. You've probably never played M2K, are you going to say he's not the best player in the world?

If you're gonna base your opinion of me off things I've said with truth in them and off one game where I was trying things out and not playing as well as I know I can, then w/e, but don't go bashing me all high and mighty because you have a different opinion than me and this is the internet.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
I don't think I had any matches recorded but I was in a livestream match vs candy and kadaj in teams pools, and I did get a nice ledgehop spike on candy in the first round. Then we got 2-0'd XD

I played steel2nd and eazy, (my pools set w/ steel was so close) and NEO gave me good advice, helping me to almost beat Snakeeee in pools.

I'm going to improve my game to be one of the best in MD/VA........maybe.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Sorry for forgetting you 2nd, too much drama happened this weekend, I'm so disoriented +_+

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I don't think I had any matches recorded but I was in a livestream match vs candy and kadaj in teams pools, and I did get a nice ledgehop spike on candy in the first round. Then we got 2-0'd XD

I played steel2nd and eazy, (my pools set w/ steel was so close) and NEO gave me good advice, helping me to almost beat Snakeeee in pools.

I'm going to improve my game to be one of the best in MD/VA........maybe.
Ohhhh YOU'RE HMS? Yeah I was watching your Marth, you've got some skills good sir.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Thanks man, I wish I could've done better, but right now I guess it's better for me to learn more and improve, hopefully we can play sometime in the near future! I love Marth dittos.
lol yeah I wish I did better too, but this was more a learning experience for me. I spent more time playing/talking to NEO I think than doing pools matches LOL

Weren't you supposed to team with forte for this tournament? I thought it would have been easy to pick forte and you out, usually people hype over him lol.

Personally I hate the ditto, lol, but I have fun playing against all the chill people from the boards so yeah, I hope we can play some.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
I was supposed to bring forte since he lives in our area, and he's who I usually practice with, but he couldn't go. We weren't gonna team, but I do have team matches of us at Chu's bi-weekly last month when we did team. I'll post them in the video thread in a minute.

Edit: Actually, I don't want to crowd the video thread with my videos, since they're teams and not too great anyway, but I'll post them here if someone wants to add them, I mean forte's in them <3

Forte & HMS vs Duo and Mitts Round 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4MMErGeV6M

Round 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ4fwlKeIUw

Round 3 (Yes, my inexperienced Marth cause it to go to game 3 XD)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izgpHAKeWhI

At the end of Round 1, that's NEO saying DON'T FALL FOR HAPPY TIME!!! Lmao

∫unk

Smash Master
punishment i was just tryin to help u out but since u responded to me with sass my response was not as nice as it usually is

honestly i just want marths to be as good as they can get

and i know how it feels at my first tourney i got ***** by every single marth in marth dittos 3 stocked by bardull haze havok dannykat u just gotta keep goin now i do a little better ;)

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
punishment i was just tryin to help u out but since u responded to me with sass my response was not as nice as it usually is

honestly i just want marths to be as good as they can get

and i know how it feels at my first tourney i got ***** by every single marth in marth dittos 3 stocked by bardull haze havok dannykat u just gotta keep goin now i do a little better ;)
Werd, good ****. I'm not trying to be on a negative level with anyone on these boards, cause everyone here is cool. Thanks for trying to help, however I ask you don't judge me off that one match. Next time I get a chance I'll get some matches up. I'm definitely trying to step up.

Also, good **** there HMS. LOL @ the mini shuttle loop war mid match and lmao @ NEO, Happy Time is MK's uthrow I take it? You definitely got some good stuff going on there, I wanna see some singles matches in the near future ;)

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Lol by happy time he's referring to Lucario getting stronger as he has higher damage XD And hopefully I'll get some singles matches up within a week or two.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
All in all, I had a good time, and I did really well. I dunno if any of you saw my MM vs Hylian I won. I beat Ally in a friendly. I was beating Dojo, but I made a mistake on one recovery and got gimped at 50% or so on the last stock. Sethlon and I don't have ANY doubles synergy, so we got ***** in teams. I barely lost to Anther (he's mad cool btw). You all saw Reflex wreck me. I then lost immediately after to Korn on some BS that's I'm not going to talk about because that would be johning. I friendlied Meep a bunch of times. He's probably still better than me. He beat me in the ditto 4 out of 5 times. I learned how to fight Bowser and 3-0ed Vex Kasrani in a best of 5 set. Remind me to teach you later.

I'm getting really good at doubles though. I was wrecking people in doubles friendlies.

Why aren't there any matches of me up on the Marth T.V.? I didn't even know we were recording. No bragging intended, but I wrecked everyone except Neo in the ditto on that T.V. and it would've been nice to show everyone what I do (don't grab and use more shieldbreaker noobs). I only lost to Seibrik, Neo, Meep, Korn, Anther, Reflex, Dojo, and M2k at the tourney. Right now, I'm extremely confident in the MK match-up, and I'm contemplating in my head if it's really 60-40, or if it's 45-55. Uair completely wrecks glide attack. It wins or trades (usually wins) every time. Grab release shenanigans are too good. Shieldbreaker is too good, and our Fair wins. Recovering properly is essential, but godly, and edgeguarding MK isn't as impossible as it's made out to be. Personally, I'm much more afraid of Snake. Tiny errors, including a Shielded Dancing Blade result in ftilt or dthrow for TOO much damage, lol. On average, Snake lives nearly twice as long as Marth, and it's not really that easy to simply deal twice as much damage, and then land a kill.

I also find DK more troublesome than MK, but that could because I'm more familiar with the match-up. I'm learning what to do against R.O.B.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
When Pierce shieldbreakers it's kinda like a magnet. I was playing my pools match with Dojo and all of a sudden Pierce hit me with a fully charged one. True story. That counts as a legit john mirite?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I hit tons of amazing players with fully charged shield breaker before. This includes M2k, teh-spammer, and Ninjalink, just to name a few.

ZMT was trying to do it, lulz. It's not going to just work, you have to know WHY it works. I'll explain later.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
I killed Snakeee with fully charged shield breaker when I was recovering with it XD

And got a few grab release tipper fairs on M2K in friendlies. I'm so amused by little things :p

But good **** pierce for being confident in the MK matchup, we really need to do that if we want Marth's to start placing top. I'll get more practice against Forte, but honestly he usually goes Peach in friendlies.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Pierce7d is such a good marth :( I wish marth had less range so I can win.

lol at you telling me how Dark.Pch did against you before playing me. I did better ;)

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Lmao Neo I was waiting for you match on live stream where you were gonna **** someone while commentating =P

Oh and is anyone of you guys going to Apex? That tourney is close to me so I know ima go.

Top Bottom