• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth FAQ: Have a question? It may already be answered in THIS topic!

lolgrec

Smash Cadet
ok so i think i'm in the right place for this, if i'm wrong, someone please point me in the right direction (and don't hate on me :X) but i play my friend a lot and he's good with none other than MK but what makes him really good his is uncanny ability to superbly spot dodge, so what can i do to overcome this hardship -_-' any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Use dancing blade and down tilt more. Marth's dancing blade when timed right will always beat his spot dodge.

lolgrec

Smash Cadet
oh, and then even if he shields after his spot dodge the dancing blades will shield pressure him as well? that's my other concern is that almost always after his spot dodge he'll pop back up with his shield up so i'll continue to assume to keep using dancing blade and use the jab if i can catch him after spot dodge..thanks ZMT

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
ok so i think i'm in the right place for this, if i'm wrong, someone please point me in the right direction (and don't hate on me :X) but i play my friend a lot and he's good with none other than MK but what makes him really good his is uncanny ability to superbly spot dodge, so what can i do to overcome this hardship -_-' any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated
As stated above, use dancing blade and Dtilt more. Dancing blade will rip through spot dodges and shields quickly, especially if you end your dancing blade by tilting down and hitting multiple times. Dtilt is your poking tool. It's good to slow down aggressive MK's and it can easily punish spot dodges if done in rapid succession. You could also predict it and wait for him to dodge, and then grab him and go from there. Hope this helps.

lolgrec

Smash Cadet
mhm that definitely helps BKPro and honestly, until i started reading threads and posts on here, i never really used Dtilt ... i know i know T.T /BAN me but i never knew of its speed/utility and i will definitely use this to my advantage and place it in my lineup from now on...i'll kick my friend's *** next time we have "friendlies" lol but yeah that's what i figured to do was to use the dtilt on the last of the dancing blades to shield pressure him when he recovered from spot dodging and shielded...thanks a lot to everyone's advice

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
while this guide should be combined with pierce's thread, we have so many stickies because we're better than everyone else

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
how does kadaj dash dance so fast?

How come when i fthrow > fsmash on some characters it doesn't connect...They're on zero.

Likeness101

Smash Apprentice
Fredericton, New Brunswick & Freeport, The Bah
how does kadaj dash dance so fast?

How come when i fthrow > fsmash on some characters it doesn't connect...They're on zero.

It doesn't work on all characters and you might need to buffer your fsmash.

I am worried about establishing spacing. The main moves I can use to establish spacing with marth is his Dtilt and Fair right?

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Dash dancing is just timing, the better you get at it, the faster you can do it. Even tho I wouldnt do it cause of tripping factors obviously...

yoichX

Smash Apprentice
Nice!!!!!
I never thought that with tap jump off your game could go down!

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
What are you going to do about Pierce trying to take your job?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
it's percent/stale moves dependent. but it often does combo.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
depends on percent. iirc, hitstun is directly proportional to knockback.

lilseph

Smash Ace
walking... im being serious that mindgames the **** outta people. SHFFFair is great also or SH double fair is good to :)

Top Bottom