• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Dittos

ss118

Smash Master
They suck. How does I do them?

------------------------------------

Allow me to elaborate a bit further. I've only recently transferred to my main being Marth from Falco, and I suck at Marth dittos. I find it an issue that I can't simply rely on my hitbox being bigger(in the case of most matchups), or being able to maneuver around them(in odd cases like Ganon). Simply put, I'm not used to my opponent being able to do the same things that I can and be able to properly punish my attacks... which is also why I'm not great versus Sheik, but I feel even then I can place myself properly to not get punished so terribly.

Yeah, so here feel free to discuss Marth dittos in their entirety. Tips can be directed towards me or just in general for people to read. I feel this is really the only aspect of Marth that I truly need to put a large amount of effort towards at this point because it is by far my weakest point.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Lol. Marth dittos are ez. Just swing your sword faster and harder than your opponent. Really make them feel the length of it, as well as the tip as much as possible. Keep working them with it, moving in and out of their spacing until they try to show you theirs, then laugh at their inefficient and inferior technique while you once again dominate them.

Or something like that.

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
fair combo and **** them. u throw--> up tilt is good at low %s.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Haha are you referencing some How to play Marth video on youtube? Cause I saw one that said that and it was hilarious.

ss118

Smash Master
Someone explained it to me like this.

Use Marth's dash dance game to beat his own aerial game.

Run forward extra far and down tilt to beat the dash dance game.

Use his aerial game to beat the down tilt.

And when you get a grab or hit, get the kill.

Looking at the beginning of the video, you went from air -> ground too much against his DD game, which lead to you getting hit more than you should have.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Someone explained it to me like this.

Use Marth's dash dance game to beat his own aerial game.

Run forward extra far and down tilt to beat the dash dance game.

Use his aerial game to beat the down tilt.

And when you get a grab or hit, get the kill.

Looking at the beginning of the video, you went from air -> ground too much against his DD game, which lead to you getting hit more than you should have.

I see....well I know I'm getting hit to much. I always feel that way when i'm using Marth. I just don't feel comfortable against someone else with the same range/grab range lol.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
wavedash f-smash

really, that's it

in unrelated news, go out there for every edgeguard, the fact that you have two floaties with the best recovery in the game is the only redeeming thing about marth dittos

you must recover and all that ****

Jun.

Smash Lord
wavedash f-smash

really, that's it

in unrelated news, go out there for every edgeguard, the fact that you have two floaties with the best recovery in the game is the only redeeming thing about marth dittos

you must recover and all that ****
don't listen to this guy

no

its about waiting and swinging less

i'm dead serious
Waiting outside of sword range trying to get in.
Lol. Marth dittos are ez. Just swing your sword faster and harder than your opponent. Really make them feel the length of it, as well as the tip as much as possible. Keep working them with it, moving in and out of their spacing until they try to show you theirs, then laugh at their inefficient and inferior technique while you once again dominate them.

Or something like that.
Rushing inside of swordrange to hit first.

Whatever works best for you lol

Also, doesn't grounded marth with Utilt/Ftilt outrange aerial marth? Or just CC any aerial, then respond with Dtilt.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
pretty much a tipper fair , uair or uptilt follow up
if you can achieve this pretty much a stock for the marth

but seriously you have the same range so it goes back and forth you have to play gay and grab alot lol

marth mirrors are definitely fun cause marth ***** marth pretty badly

just watch m2ks marth mirrors he is pretty much unbeatable at the MU

if you find yourself losing them probably what the opponent is doing to you , you could probably do it back lol

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
I do pretty well in mine. I never approach with N-Air, I use a lot of F-Tilt and grabs, and I try to keep my opponent above me - usually with a platform and U-Tilt.

Quetion: Is Shield Breaker Marth's move with the most range and biggest hitbox? If not, what is?

Boomy

Smash Apprentice
I love Marth dittos. It's kinda like a game of tag to me. If you get caught, expect to be combo'd all the way across the stage and possibly killed.

Also, f-tilt has the most range in his moveset.

Pandu!

Smash Cadet
what in the world is more frustrating than thinking you're spacing well in a marth ditto only to get tipper ftilted off the stage at mid percents and then dtilted on recovery?

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
what in the world is more frustrating than thinking you're spacing well in a marth ditto only to get tipper ftilted off the stage at mid percents and then dtilted on recovery?
Getting thunders'd to death by Fox is frustrating.

Top Bottom