• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Counters?

D

Deleted member

Sure Kirby can be Top Tier. Considering Tier lists have to do with current play styles and tourney rankings and the fact that I never mentioned tier lists.
this is why premium members don't count when it comes time to vote for tier lists.

Aesir

Smash Master
sheik > marth.

Marth has the ability to win, but its a very uphill battle for him. you need teh ken comboz.

or just tech chase the hell out of them.. >_>

in any case good luck with that.

Mr.C

Smash Master
since the tier list right now is based on tourney results if mulitple kirbys placed well then they very well could be top tier, on the tier list not as a character.

and Sheik marth is pretty close to even, sheik has to play a very careful game and is forced to approach from ground because of utilts. Marth just has to avoid being grabbed which he is very good at.

sheik still has the upper hand but its not what you guys make it seem.

in my eyes a pro marth > pro sheik anyday

but sheik in general sheik > marth by very little.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Dosn't Marth go even with Space animals and CF?

So how the hell can they be counters? Well, I know CF and Marth counter each other so that is what makes it even. But with space animals it's even just because they each have gay **** on one another correct? W/e.

In the match up it's obvious that Shiek has it over Marth , but it isn't total ****. The Marth won't be getting 3 stocked or more. At most a two stock. It should always be a close game.

As characters I think Marth is a little better. As Doodah has said in the past. The most important match ups are how well the top 5 do against one another. Marth does better against the rest of the top 5 then Shiek does. So that's why I think overall he is slightly better as a character. And I mean SLIGHTLY.

AS Money

Smash Lord
falco and marth counter the **** out of each other too both have good offence against each other and crap that works well against one another but for fox and marth it is just marth CGing and fox up throw Up airs

falcan is a bit different i have good exp with the match up i dont do too bad(exept for crews Team Arlington+Mew2King+KoreanDJ vs Michigan at FC6 i took out KM's remaining stock then G-reg ***** me WTF?) but it is just weird to me

cablepuff

Smash Ace
ALRIGHT ULTIMATE CONCLUSION to sheik vs marth so that everyone CAN BE HAPPY.

Sheik beats marth but not as bad as everyone thinks... 57 to 43.. like i said before....

See doodah and tope has to change the word **** to beat by little.

Smash God and Mr. C has to change the word even to beat by little...

Its the only logical conclusion.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
this is why premium members don't count when it comes time to vote for tier lists.
Can you sense sarcasm?

I lose respect for premie haters. Just cuz somebody like benefits doesn't make them a noob.

The Kirby Thing- There is like only 1 good Kirby player. What if there were more good kirby's than foxes?

Sorry I don't want to argue with you Mow. I just thought you were more respectable than this being such an experienced player.

Doodah: I just want to make it clear I still respect you, I like to call arguments "intelligent debates" instead of arguments. Because they really are intelligent debates

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's only intelligent if both parties involved are, in fact, intelligent.

Not to mention they have to happen to be posting intelligently at the time.

I'd put the match at 60/40 in sheik's favor.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
None the less, you tried to say Shiek = Marth, then, after you realised you were wrong, instead of agreeing that you were wrong, you said, "oh, you misunderstood me".

And who is a good Kirby player? Omni? LOLOLOLOL. CPU combos ftw, right?

But yea, we good smash godsies.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
now that we have the sheik discussion settled, hb Cfalcon?

is it an even match?
Counter?
or is it a slight disadvantage for one or the other?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
what stages would you suggest are in marths favor & in falcons favor?
Marth: ys, bf, corneria, mute city, fod?
Cfalcon: dl, fd, pks?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
YS? really? explain why plz.

because ken takes every falcon most of the time to YS and often 2-3 stocks them, including isai. Not that i'm a ken or anything, but that or FOD would probably be my first cp.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd say

FD, DL 64, PS = Falcon > Marth 55 - 45

FoD, BF, YS = Marth > Falcon 60-40

30% eh?

Not with proper DI.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I think PS is the only stage where they're both even.

Marth has platforms, and Falcon has alot of room to work and run around.

Plus the tree is nice for Marth to hide on the right side of so he can wall tech and not die.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't really see how platform's help Marth too much here. Falcon still has way too much room to run around, and the sides of the level are really small, which is why you said YS was good for Falcon.

Falcon can still SH under the platforms, and they are still low enough that he can Dair through them, albeit it's not very helpful.

Plus the entire stage is flat enough that CF's combo's don't get interupted.

When I bad stage change happens, CF should stand still and wait till the level resets, if he approachs during a bad change, then yes Marth does have the upper hand during that time.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
On PS, all Marth has to do is wait under a platform for a grab and upthrow to to tip ot uptilt. Falcon has alot of room to run around, which he mostly likes.

Falcon needs no room to move around on YS. One down throw means marth is on a platform, which means easy knee, or Uair, OR the downthrow means Marth is off the stage. Of course Marth has his huge sword, but Marth dies at 40% lower than Falcon dies on YS.

nublet06

Smash Lord
yoshis story is too good. the only thing i can see going for falcon on this level is the little slants at the edge. it makes it a little bit harder for marth to edge gaurd.

yoshis, battlefield, and fountain of dreams are all marth advantage IMO. yoshis is just a little less of an advantage due to the face that falcon has a knee. but saying that falcon kills at 30% on that level doesnt mean much. because falcon gets gimped easier than almost any other character.....so you could easily kill him at 30% as well. especially with platforms for him to camp under a step away. you get thrown on to a plat form as falcon and it is just as dangerous. a few up tilts......a tipper.....fair to f smash. a lof of easy set ups for marth on that level.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Falcon's knees really do get to you at small stages. Marth works quite well at medium stages with platforms, like FoD. FD they both can work, Falcon might even have and advantage idk. At 70% Falcon can force Uthrow to Knee. At 80% Falcon can force Dthrow to knee. You don't need to at yoshis though, cuz you just knee from the platform.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Yoshi has always been considered to be problematic for Marth. Not to the extent of being a counter but problematic nontheless, perhaps enough to give Yoshi a general advantage.

I dunno, top level Yoshis tend to do very well against or even beat top level Marths, plus the fact that there are only like 4 high level Yoshis in the world so hardly anyone knows how to play agaisnt them lol :)

peace out

AS Money

Smash Lord
FoD is a good stage platforms disapear for chaingrabing then reappear for platfrom tippers i like it

i also play sheik as a secondary(only for counter on Jungle japes) but mainly marth

Top Bottom