• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Counters?

AThirdParty

Smash Apprentice
Good luck grabbing a GOOD fox.
I just got done watching FLT vs. Tink/M2K from FC6. Lots of Marth on Fox grabs. If the Marth is of equal skill he will grab the Fox a lot. Shine isn't an end all grab deterent. You're saying the character with the best grab in the game is going to have a hard time grabing a character that is notoriously easy to grab? If it were Jiggly instead of Fox, I would see your point.

I love Dcx's posts.

Let's all complain about Fox's u-throw u-air some more. /sarcasm

How bout we complain about spacing/chain grabing/throw -> tip/pivots/>B/how much harder Marth is to grab than Fox/etc.

I must not be good enough to see how Fox beats Marth (I'm not being sarcastic, obviously I must be missing something). All I see is Marths beat Foxes all the effin time.

Aesir

Smash Master
I just got done watching FLT vs. Tink/M2K from FC6. Lots of Marth on Fox grabs. If the Marth is of equal skill he will grab the Fox a lot. Shine isn't an end all grab deterent. You're saying the character with the best grab in the game is going to have a hard time grabing a character that is notoriously easy to grab? If it were Jiggly instead of Fox, I would see your point.
Fox easy to grab? maybe if the fox is stupid and doesn't can't dash dance camp. marth has lag to his moves which fox can easily exploit. also I don't think I ever said anything about his shine.

How bout we complain about spacing/chain grabing/throw -> tip/pivots/>B/how much harder Marth is to grab than Fox/etc.
Marth isn't that hard to grab for a fox, he can easily get inside Marth so long as marth doesn't have the room to run and camp. foward b? all you have to do is sheild it. >_>

Chain grabbing fox is in itself hard as well, m2k manages to do it purely because hes a walking AR.

I must not be good enough to see how Fox beats Marth (I'm not being sarcastic, obviously I must be missing something). All I see is Marths beat Foxes all the effin time.
I only see that as a case on FD.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
DCX:

Please. Stow the semantical serenading in the thrash were it belongs. Attempting to anatomize and partition such a simple notion down to logistics makes you look just as lame.

Yeah, my statement might have been a bit polemic, but who the fvck are you to police me?

Whether he meant to be specific or not, his statement claiming he didn't mention anything about M2K's thoughts on the matchup, though he clearly cited M2K as a reference as to what he did think about an aspect of the matchup, (general, or not) is contradictory.

This thread has already gotten lame enough, now you want to derail it with a psuedo-intellectual display of pragmatics. Get the fvck outta here.

-Kimosabae

Mr.C

Smash Master
what was the point of that post? to prove you can speak African?

that post just made you look lame lol llololol

"Does this assertion support Mr. C's belief on the matchup? Yes. Does the fact that Mr. C cited M2K as evidence for the validity of that assertion mean Mr. C was using M2K to support his idea on the entire matchup? No. "

good game

SynikaL

Smash Lord
what was the point of that post? to prove you can speak African?

that post just made you look lame lol llololol

So I'm lame, because I can speak African and you can't?

"Does this assertion support Mr. C's belief on the matchup? Yes. Does the fact that Mr. C cited M2K as evidence for the validity of that assertion mean Mr. C was using M2K to support his idea on the entire matchup? No. "

good game

I like how you need to cling to someone elses' defense in order to alleviate yor idiocy. Somehow, I doubt you even know what the fvck is going on.

-Syn

Mr.C

Smash Master

good game

dude225

Smash Apprentice
Wow... I cant believe another argument broke out... Well w/e... I thought SynikaL's argument was funny, and valid... While Mr. C's was just... hmm... lame?

Anyway... Fox is easily killed by Marth, but that doesn't mean a Fox can't beat a Marth... Come on, no one can predict anything 100% of the time, no matter how good or bad a character is against another character.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
rofl.

That is all. Continue arguing for my amusement you dirty jackals.

Jondh64

Smash Rookie
If You are a really good dodger, and love getting quick hits, Ike doesn't disappoint either. My friend is a legendary Marth player, and i am a flex. I play pretty much everyone, and am half decent and most everyone. Falco works really well, same with Captain Falcon. In Brawl, Keep him at bay with Snake, or in any game a strong special side attack, just wait until Marth goes at you with a special side combo, you dodge and beat the **** out of em, it'll mess em up.

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
If You are a really good dodger, and love getting quick hits, Ike doesn't disappoint either. My friend is a legendary Marth player, and i am a flex. I play pretty much everyone, and am half decent and most everyone. Falco works really well, same with Captain Falcon. In Brawl, Keep him at bay with Snake, or in any game a strong special side attack, just wait until Marth goes at you with a special side combo, you dodge and beat the **** out of em, it'll mess em up.
Don't mean to be rude, but pretty sure this is the melee Marth discussion, and this thread is around ten years old...

Prepare_Yourself

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-6422-0231
An accidental bump of a ten year old thread by a first time poster who doesn't even play the game being discussed? Welcome to smashboards.

Top Bottom