• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Sidekick: The Mario Teams Discussion. Currently Discussing: Snake

Veggi

Smash Champion
You don't have to listen to me, 7 Marios out of 10 was just my suggestion.

Jungle Japes, Castle Siege, and Final Destination are the worst stages they could pick imo.

Battlefield, Rainbow Cruise, Norfair, and Delfino Plaza are the best imo.

It's a good idea to get more input than just mine though.

Zori

Smash Champion
i cant help to read the title of this thread and think its a whole bunch of mario mains bashing luigi

JUDGE

Smash Lord
mario and snake *****, one of the best teammates for mario in my opinion

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I don't think Link and Mario do much to help each other, though they are a cool looking team. That would be a fun separate discussion. Sonic is another teammate with alot of aesthetic value.

Anyway, I think Luigi is one of Mario's best teammates. They're a trademark team that actually works. I'll keep an eye out for when he comes up in the discussion.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Haha, that slob? I would think they make as bad a team gameplay-wise as they do character-wise. Those old Nintendo Power comics were pretty funny, though.

Big-Omar

Smash Journeyman
I teamed with a link before. Best.... team... ever..... I combo the opponet and get the gimps, link had the KO power and camping abilities. Sounds simple, but when you see it in action, its just amazing. Only way you beat us is if you gimp both of us. But that rarely happens, even with MK on the other team.

NNID
LilG912
Mario and Link seems good in low tier doubles not in regular doubles, Link is too easy to gimp and get edgeguarded easily. Mario will mostly do all the work for the team. Btw ain't we suppose to talk about Wario instead if we're done w/ Snake? <__<

vato_break

Smash Master
I teamed with a link before. Best.... team... ever..... I combo the opponet and get the gimps, link had the KO power and camping abilities. Sounds simple, but when you see it in action, its just amazing. Only way you beat us is if you gimp both of us. But that rarely happens, even with MK on the other team.
So what is you play charcacters that are not comboable and gimpable? link does all the work? this does not seem like a good team at all.Mario and link is even more subjected to geting gimped and it's very difficult to save on another if they can't make it back.

Big-Omar

Smash Journeyman
Its good cus we doesnt afriad of getting gimped.

And I do more work, >_>

oh yea, link saves mario with Bombs and I save link with sour spotted nair.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
What I find best about a Mario and Link team is they both have useful projectile

Projectile would nmot be that effective against Mario's tema because Mario can reflect and Link can stop stuff with his Wind Boomerang

Whats not cool about there team...to me is there recovery's

Mario's recovery is not that bad but Links......salty...vedyvedy salty

Reducas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
reducas
link i think is a bad partner in my opinion for Mario because mario can't help link we he off the board like snake link to me is not a gud partner luigi n gnw are. back to snake for a min i thihk its 8.5/10 because i played dis match and loved it with a snake partner because snake take the kill and can help mario out against 2 mks. i would lik 4 lil g to be my partner on AIB dubz

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
True, Links Recovering sucks and it would be a berden on Mario

...But he's got a fast downsmash

Top Bottom