• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Sidekick: The Mario Teams Discussion. Currently Discussing: Snake

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Marth is a decent partner. They stay out of each other's way, can help save each other, and there's some potential nastiness with FLUDD->tipper or shield breaker->FLUDD off stage.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Marth sucks in teams...Mario is better than him in teams srsly.

Marth kinda is a good person at scoring kills, but other people do it better. And he has pretty bad survivability due to his weight, and due to being fairly easy to juggle and pressure due to his inability to handle multiple targets at once.

He can work, but other characters do better.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
see its sounds good but it's not. who would yall prefer ike or marth? i prefer marth ike is idk
Well If Mario you were to go for Ike as teammate he can go for the kills and use his Fair and stuff but isn't his recovery worser then Marths, Yea he has the Side B But if the Enemy can just jump in front of it... and stuff, Marth recovery's not that good either.

I'd choose Ike because he's Just cooler to me

and lives longer

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Mario & Ike.....teammates? LOL

Well if someone from the other team camps too much, mario's fludd + Ike's f-smash= epic kill.

Think about it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I think Ike is probably a better teammate than Marth. Just saying.

Not that Marth is any good on teams lol.

His stupidly huge hitboxes that kill retardedly early, his weight and OKish recovery, and his Jab combo imo make him a more useful teammate than Marth.

And you might as well team with him in low tiers since they compliment each other pretty well there anyway.

Naisora

Smash Apprentice
lol well now we kno ike over marth. Now lets discuss DK or diddy who is better and why
Ike does pretty bad too :/ but anyways. Diddy is better imo but only if the Diddy player knows how to control bannanas and not **** his team mate with it. You might need to lrn2control as well :/

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Diddy is pretty versatile in teams. He's an overall decent partner that doesn't suffer from too many flaws as long as you can play to his Banana game.

Diddy has better partners than Mario though. He's primarily a setup character and deals damage. As Mario you're going to do some of the heavy lifting for him when it comes to kills.

And while I think Diddy is overall more useful than Donkey Kong in teams, I think Mario and Donkey Kong get better synergy. Mario usually needs a partner that can help him with kills, and Donkey Kong's cargo U-throw also happens to be one of the cheapest Cape **** setups in the game. A well placed Cargo U-throw Cape **** can be really devastating if you and your partner are in sync. Supporting Donkey Kong with fireballs imo is ****, either you can help him keep his back towards opponents so he can B-air, or you can let him do the sliding shield approach in your place while you put a fireball in front of him. And then when he gets the grab you need, Cape ****!

Reducas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
reducas
yea i prefer Dk because didy is a set up like A2zomg said,plus didy is not good at killing and Dk is. Dk is way better than didy any objections?

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
lol well now we kno kd over didy. Now lets discuss capitan facln or gandorf who is better and why

NNID
LilG912
I would say Diddy > DK, DK is a huge target, he just juggled easily, if there's a MK in dubz, DK would get *****, DK ain't that bad @ all, I'm just saying that once he's in the air, he'll take a lot of damage. The only thing that DK can help Mario is killing and DK and Mario are good on the same stages like Battlefield, Delfino, and Brinstar. Platform ****, get@it. Like A2Z said, u're gonna be killing your opponents for Diddy cuz Diddy kills @ high percentage. If the Diddy have a strong banana game, the Diddy should able to rack up some damage so Mario can kill. Diddy got better pressure game than DK, Diddy is like Mario a little bit, he's good @ comboing, he can't be that bad comboing.

DK's flaws: Target, easy to get juggled, getting CG'd by D3/Falco, MK lol

Diddy's flaws: Lightweight, lack of killing power.

UberMario

Smash Master
yea i prefer Dk because didy is a set up like A2zomg said,plus didy is not good at killing and Dk is. Dk is way better than didy any objections?
I prefer to take on Diddy aswell, his bananas aren't that hard to deal with thanks to the cape and airdodges. IMO he's somewhat easy to deal with if you try to stay in the air as long as possible. I mostly use fireballs in that matchup, so I try to grab a banana peel to mix up with the fireballs [just in case the Diddy closes in]. I'm not sure what it is about Donkey Kong, but I have a hard time projectile camping against him. I'm usually forced to push him away with tilts and aerials.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I think if you're in synch with Donkey Kong however, he's a much more rewarding partner than Diddy.

You can get Cargo U-throw Cape **** gimps at like 20% or something if you do it right. Boss did a lot of testing with that.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I think if you're in synch with Donkey Kong however, he's a much more rewarding partner than Diddy.

You can get Cargo U-throw Cape **** gimps at like 20% or something if you do it right. Boss did a lot of testing with that.
I like what i just read here. I think mario's fludd can be huge for dk & his super punch.

Reducas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
reducas
hmmmmmm maybe but DK is a way better partner than didy, anymore tips please post and lets discuss kirby. now the pink guy is ok in my opinion he help me kill and rack up damage, he gets his combos and i think kirby with opponents power is great! any tips?

Naisora

Smash Apprentice
About Kirby, A nice thing you can try on low percents is Mario does dthrow> Kirbys does dair>repeat until high percentages, in which kirby dair becomes techable. IT usually helps me rack up to about 60-70 percent.

Also,did we discuss game and watch yet?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Kirby is an okay partner, just for the powerful Smashes and Hammer mainly. And the Swallow Attack is pretty useful in teams.

G&W is probably Mario's best partner. Has some of the best Smashes in teams, survives long, juggles very reliably, refreshes moves fast, and has a lot of awesome gimmicks like U-air saves, Bucket, D-throw, and even Judgement. G&W likes having support from Mario's fireballs and combos while Mario likes having G&W score KOs for him.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Mario does just fine against Snake in doubles provided his partner is the one scoring the kills.

Metaknight is still...well, Metaknight, but he's much more manageable in doubles which is a more chaotic environment where having good survivability benefits you more. MK being lightweight matters a fair bit more in doubles than singles imo.

Pikachu is a kinda overlooked partner, but I think he's underrated. His U-smash and Thunder are both good KO options, he has a lot of mobility with the QAC, and his D-throw is a **** setup.

Reducas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
reducas
pikachu i wouldn't chose for my team mate but he is okay lol. pikachu gets the damage and killes but does not last longer than mario. i don't know much but thats my experience with pikachu

Top Bottom