• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Sidekick: The Mario Teams Discussion. Currently Discussing: Snake

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
I vote luigi as well..

I think he's also very helpful, Mario's gimps and Luigi's Kill Power..

Reducas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
reducas
yea i wana try this team wit lil g he da best n kool luigi to me but luigi n mario i think is 7/10

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Mario bros would probably be a 5/10 or worst... they both have garbage range and are easily gimped. They don't have a solution to tornado either.

Cape **** shoyuken kills at like 5%, but good luck pulling that off

Pokemon Trainer Red

Smash Cadet
Mario bros would probably be a 5/10 or worst... they both have garbage range and are easily gimped. They don't have a solution to tornado either.

Cape **** shoyuken kills at like 5%, but good luck pulling that off
All their stuff is hard to pull off. But I'd rather be with a Luigi that knows what he's doing rather than a link or snake who keeps hitting me with projectiles.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928

AiB's Official Doubles Tier List

posted by Inui 6:04 PM on Wednesday Aug 11, 2010

-S Tier-
Meta Knight

-A Tier-
Wario
Game and Watch
Snake
Lucario
Dedede

-B Tier-
Donkey Kong
R.O.B.
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Pit
Toon Link
Olimar
Marth
Kirby

-C Tier-
Zero Suit Samus
Fox
Falco
Ness
Peach
Pikachu
Wolf

-D Tier-
Ike
Lucas
Sonic
Sheik
Mario
Jigglypuff
Zelda
Pokemon Trainer

-E Tier-
Samus
Falcon
Link
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Bowser

Major contributors: Inui, Vex Kasrani, Xyro, Atomsk, Cheese, ChiboSempai, Doom, Izumi, Orion, t0mmy, t1mmy

Minor contributors: blackanese, Will, Cable, DMG, Duhzex, Esca, Gnes, Jamnt0ast, Jbandrew, Jem, Judge, Junk, Keitaro, KirinBlaze, ksizzle, Nairo, OMGage, RedHalberd, san, Sean, Trevonte, UltimateRazer, UTD Zac, Xzax, Zucco

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=81077

Naisora

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if you guys are still talking about Snake but, if you are, how about Halberd? Snake can get easy utilt kills there, due to the low ceiling. Mario's doesen't seem to do that bad there either, imo.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Don't care about no stinkin tier list, ESPECIALLY doubles. Dunno why you guys keep listening to all that theorycraft those kids spout.

Reducas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
reducas
loll pokemon trainer is right because link and snake always will hit u link is a waste of a partner to me if u hav a link 4 a partner i say u automatically lost. snake his is ok because u can catch grenades but u hav to watch the board closely 4 dsmash and bdown because that kill so many times

UberMario

Smash Master
Mario & Snake is a spectacular team, they both have properties that help out their teammate:

Mario can help Snake by:

-Prolonging explosion effects with FLUDD
-pushing Snake with FLUDD while he charges Down Smash so that the location is less predictable while the player is not a sitting duck when he does the charging, on a similar note, Mario can push Snake while he does his FSmash.
-caping Snake to regenerate his UpB, meaning he won't accidentally ko him if trying to help his Ally out *bad pun intended*
-using FLUDD to alter or even reverse the grenade's trajectory for mindgames
-gimping with his cape/FLUDD

Snake can help Mario by:
-doing pretty much any strategy with Mario, one can be offensive while the other camps, both can camp, or both can play offensive
-using Mario as a "bomb relay" to latch a C4 onto the opponent directly
-being a stock tank due to his powerfulness and C4 recovery
-using projectiles to get Mario out of a tight spot without risking his own stock

Honestly I think that Snake is the best partner for Mario and I'd rate it 9/10, with Luigi being close behind due to the cape's properties, plus jablock to Shōryū-ken is a pretty nasty combo as is grab release to cape ****. MK is also a really compatible character, but I feel their properties tend to conflict more than help.

Mario & Link make a bad team, they really don't have any combos (except maybe Bomb launching) that are worth bringing to competition, plus Link's already atrocious recovery is extremely pronounced in doubles, I'd pretty much go with ANY OTHER team than this, the only thing going for it is being a "nostalgic team", which of course doesn't help the pretty much abyssimal chances of them winning together. I give it a 2/10.

UberMario

Smash Master
If you're killed by your teammate, then you have to really not be paying attention to the battle.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
King D3'S cHAINGRBBING and High knockback attacks with Mario's Fireballs and stuff.

Seems like a good team....

And I just came up with something, Would if D3 was to suck enemy into his mouth the Mario fludds d3 off the stage as he is facing Mario then spits enemy under the stage....

That be cool

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I can agree that Snake and Luigi are probably Mario's two best partners with GW following close behind.

Reducas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
reducas
no u hav to pay too much attention on snake den ur opponent. if ur fighting a luigi and a oli u would not pay attention to snake u be focus on ur opponent if u chose oli u would hav alot of work if u chose luigi u still wouldn't pay attention to were snake put his bomb D3 i think is gud partner

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
D3 is okay, but he's not particularly good at scoring kills. He's better at support and damage dealing. D-throw into Mario's F-smash is okay, but other characters benefit from that more. U-throw into Mario's cape is pretty legit for gimp kills I guess.

At any rate I would easily consider Snake overall a better partner for Mario. Snake just scores random kills really easily, which is something that Mario wants in a teammate.

NNID
LilG912
I can agree that Snake and Luigi are probably Mario's two best partners with GW following close behind.
Luigi and Mario are a decent team, kinda bad cuz they deal w/ the same weaknesses like range, getting CG'd or standing infinited by D3, they barely support each other through match-ups, having trouble w/ high tiers like G&W, Marth, and MK and have predictable recoveries.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Mario's best partner is pretty much G&W. They both can support each other pretty well and give each other things that help in problem matchups. And they both have very powerful gimmicks when used together.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Luigi and Mario are a decent team, kinda bad cuz they deal w/ the same weaknesses like range, getting CG'd or standing infinited by D3, they barely support each other through match-ups, having trouble w/ high tiers like G&W, Marth, and MK and have predictable recoveries.
It's true that they share the same weaknesses, but CGs aren't a big deal in teams, and the standing infinite against weeg should never come into play. Both have predictable, but SAFE recoveries if used properly - even MK can't beat a well-timed SJP. High-tier problems are alleviated all around when M&L are together.

The reason this team works so well is that the cover the same ground in different ways, yet they do not interfere with each other AT ALL. Rather than covering each other's weaknesses, they combine their strength. Mario's KO problems are eased thanks to Luigi's presence, and Luigi's approach issues are helped by Mario. Their methods for dealing damage are very team-safe, and friendly KO's will be almost unheard of. Additionally, they have excellent team tactics (uppercut, cape, fludd).

The Bros work best by switching opponents every 50% or so to make KO's happen as early as possible. Double fireballs is surprisingly effective, and they can stay close to protect each other when necessary without worrying about friendly fire. There are some cases where you have to choose your battles (put Mario against MK since he's harder to gimp, and Luigi can KO him early if fresh), but a smart pair of bros is hard to beat.

GW is an excellent partner for Mario, but I feel that GW is best used with ZSS for easy buckets and better KO support.

Reducas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
reducas
sleek mad gud points btw smart bros is a A tier team.Okay lets discuss GnW. he is gud i say S tier good because he kills at 89% damage and the oil thing he hav u can keep shooting fire balls to load it up for the kill. lol he is my enemy in singles but a dam gud partner loll

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Mario cod ush fludd 2 mov luigi closer to enemy ten supa jum punse them

I could have swore I saw this happan before...

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Mario and Luigi have to constantly be going aggro on the enemy because neither can camp well, but they do VERY well if they go for the same opponent, other than that, they do above-average imo, but both can hold their own individually and still do fairly well together.

Then there is the ever famous Luigi Up-B>Cape >=3333

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Sleek =/

Also, don't get me wrong, i personally love teaming up with Luigi as Mario (nostalgia reasons aside lol)
If the Mario and Luigi know what they are doing, they can be a VERY effective team.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Discussion Luigi Over we tak G@W now.

A2Z say they great teem and with Mario's above avarege Camping and G@W Aerials an stufs
Tey can be a paine...... in stuf

I say fom ta looks of it, 9.5,

I not good ad explaining thing like u guys

SKidd

Smash Master
If mario and gnw team up, they **** the doubles but lose to a double MK
seriously, it happens

Reducas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
reducas
loll Mario n GnW is S tier loll 9/10 they have a flaw i jus dont kno haven't played this match at all but if u think about........ well idk from me fighting super mario mc( GnW Mainer) at super dso (offline tournament) in that match i kinda did gud until he B up spike

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Mario kan fil up G@W Can so tat he can thow it on enemy
NOw tats a good mov,cause it so high knockback.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Just because YOU said that its 7.5/10 it doesn't mean that it actually is 7.5
The FLUDD push into Up'B is never going to work in a real game

Reducas, you will say anyone that teams with Mario is a good team....

Top Bottom