• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Party

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
What's Domination? (god, I sound like such a scrub already, lmao)

The only ones I've played are Mario Party 1, 2, 3, 4, and a brief amount of 8 with some non-gamers.

Vibrating the thumb = the key to button mashing.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'll hafta find someone who has it, and break your high scores then. xD I don't recall that game in 4 (didn't play it as much as 1, 2, 3)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Vibrating the thumb = the key to button mashing.

That basically applies for all button mashing games. I remember that I would have to vibrate my thumb for a few seconds before it hit that "perfect" point. Even then, intense leveled CPU's were broken and almost impossible to beat.

Haha, I remember when I believed that if you rapid clicked, it would help you catch pokemon. I sat there playing Red and clicking the A button like crazy in order to catch mewtwo :p

T-block

B2B TST
I was even worse... I thought pressing the button harder would make it easier to catch lol.

You know who's really bad at Mario Party? Colin ie- ColinJF. Hi Colin.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
God, **** Mario Party! I used to love it. ok!?

But now, no, just no! It has been gettin worse. And I'm having a bad day cuz I put in Mario party 1 with 3 comps set to easy, and whithin 15 turns, both of my stars were stolen and I didn't have any left. ;alsfjda;sklfasd

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ If you play the game drunk, it's even worse. My god me and three friends did that..the computer had 8 stars... we had none... <_< (Comp was on hard mode)

BSP

Smash Legend
Do you guys expect a MP9? If they do, they should definitely put online functions on it.

I've also been thinking, would anyone be dissapointed if they brought back old minigames? 8 had so few...I wouldn't mind seeing older ones to fill up some space (and some of the older ones were really fun).

GCN controller compatibility would be nice as well.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
You know who's really bad at Mario Party? Colin ie- ColinJF. Hi Colin.
lololololol way to call him out.

If you guys know who ColinJF is, he left a brawl tourney yesterday cause there was no side mario party tourney XDD

I haven't played mario party since like....Mario Party 3 iirc.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Do you guys expect a MP9? If they do, they should definitely put online functions on it.

I've also been thinking, would anyone be dissapointed if they brought back old minigames? 8 had so few...I wouldn't mind seeing older ones to fill up some space (and some of the older ones were really fun).

Some old mini-games would be fun if they were recreated. Some good ones from the first 3.

There should be a Wii game that has all the Mario Parties except Advance and DS. Something kinda like Metroid Prime Trilogy

UberMario

Smash Master
I think DS should be in it to if they made a compilation, because the mini games and songs were pretty good in Mario Party DS, just not the stages, items, or ai.

Navn

Smash Apprentice
Domination in Mario Party 4? It seems I have you beat, Navn. My high score is 167.

-Terywj
That is not possible, the counter in the game stops at 160. Maybe your score is 157?

For people that don't know: Domination is the MP4 minigame where you have to press A as many times as possible in 10 seconds. The graphical representation is your character hitting a button with a hammer, making Whomps appear with every hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENvjadJNgWo

Shök

Smash Champion

Ha ha. That would be really cool.

MP 1, 2, and 3 have to be the best ones. The series, pretty much, died after 4.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

Bring back:

Hexagon Heat/Mushroom Mix up
GRAB BAG
Bombs Away, Mario Party 2 style
Eatsa Pizza.
Running of the Bulb
Key-pa-Way
Dungeon Dash
Dungeon Duo(That one from Mario PArty...4?)
Locked Out

So much amazing.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
*Hexagon Heat/Mushroom Mix up
*GRAB BAG
*Bombs Away, Mario Party 2 style
*Eatsa Pizza.
*Running of the Bulb
*Key-pa-Way
Dungeon Dash
*Dungeon Duo(That one from Mario PArty...4?)
*Locked Out
*'s are ones that are awesome
Saw a screen of Dungeon Dash. Looks exactly like Desert Dash.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
MP 1, 2, and 3 have to be the best ones. The series, pretty much, died after 4.
Not really, I would put Mario Party 6 as one of the best one's. Mario Party 5 started going downhill. Mario party 6 was recovering it, Mario Party 7 stabbed it again, and Mario Party 8 didn't help it. Mario Party Advance was technically the worst, but it's not really noticeable. Mario Party DS is pretty good IMO, but lack a good amount of characters.

BSP

Smash Legend
Well, my group of friends and I prefer 3 to the others. It's one of the best if you ask me. We always go to Waluigi's Island (max lulz).

I still want to find 5 again. 5 is pretty much my favorite.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I think that MP6 was way better than 5.
MP7 was ruined by Bowser time alone.
2 and 4 are my favorites.

I was a GOD at shock drop and roll when I'm running on the tube thing.
I never lost that game when I'm on the tube thing and not even the Super Hard cpu's could touch me in that game.
A video of what the minigame looked like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gjzw2qNrvM

Quaz

Smash Master
if it aint MP1 or 2 its done.

haha the shock drop roll is pretty easy once you figure out how to stay on the cylinder.

I was all about mushroom mix up/hexagon heat.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Face Away.
*plays funky music*
*looks same way as leader*
*head shrinks*
D:

Move to the Music was cool as well.

Waluigi's Island is win. That one little island that changes spaces is the best one.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Ohh Move to the Music, I really liked that one as well. They need to remake old minigames, they were the best IMO.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Mario Party 1 was my favorite because of Princess Peach's Birthday Cake. The star stayed in one spot; therefore it wasn't biased towards any character. Secondly, you could purchase Pirahna plants for thirty coins and yoink the stars of opponents. This pirahna plant implementation made it important to win mini games because the more coins you win the more plants you could buy.

Oh, and who could forget the Bowsercake? That thing was awsome.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I remember I could time the blocks right so that I could always get an 8-10 or a 1-3 when I needed such numbers. Same in Mario Party 2. I once got like, four 10s in a row, it was amazing.

Yaya

Smash Champion
So.

I played Mini-Game Colosseum on Mario Part 1 today.

And things were going good, I was winning most of the mini-games, getting decent rolls, and I had a big lead with 3 turns left.

Then Yoshi lands on a red, everybody else Blue.

"Alright, maybe it'll be like, Paddle Battle, get some more coins, y'know."

CRANE GAME.

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Needless to say, I lost, Yoshi won. I got Mario Party'd.

If it was a friend I woulda hit him with the Controller.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Face Away.
*plays funky music*
*looks same way as leader*
*head shrinks*
D:

Move to the Music was cool as well.

Waluigi's Island is win. That one little island that changes spaces is the best one.
<3 Face Away and Move to the Music.

I played MP1 yesterday at a convention, and wow...I'm awful at Toad Bandstand (I think that's what it was called). I can't be the conductor to save my life.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Toadstool Titan, M.P.I.Q., Messy Memory, Curtain Call, Picture Imperfect...
Some from MP3. <3 Picture Imperfect.
And Yink, it's only fun when you play an instrument.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
That and Key-pa-way
Nah, I just steal the key and run by myself to the barrel. It's really easy.

So.

I played Mini-Game Colosseum on Mario Part 1 today.

And things were going good, I was winning most of the mini-games, getting decent rolls, and I had a big lead with 3 turns left.

Then Yoshi lands on a red, everybody else Blue.

"Alright, maybe it'll be like, Paddle Battle, get some more coins, y'know."

CRANE GAME.

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Needless to say, I lost, Yoshi won. I got Mario Party'd.

If it was a friend I woulda hit him with the Controller.
Step up your button mashing!

Toadstool Titan. Such an amazing game. I remember playing that ALONE for about an hour with my friends.

UberMario

Smash Master
Oh there were too many fun min-games for me to list, although my top 3 are Mushroom Mix-Up, Toadstool Titan, and Bowser's Big Blast.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Oh there were too many fun min-games for me to list, although my top 3 are Mushroom Mix-Up, Toadstool Titan, and Bowser's Big Blast.
I've always hated Bowser's Big Blast. They had to remake it in MP4 X_x

UberMario

Smash Master
The way your character yells and the way it counts down are why it's so high, always makes me chuckle a bit. It's pretty much the only chance mini-game I like to any degree.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I hate any of the Bowser games in MP4 except Fruits of Doom. :laugh: Bowser is so lazy haha, I don't think it really matters what fruit you give him on the first like, 4 turns.

I almost always hit the Bowser logo in Darts of Doom, and I just hate Balloon of Doom because I would always get nervous and accidentally blow it up too much and then it'd blow up.

I did however enjoy most of MP4's mini-games. I think my favorite was and still is Trace Race.

Top Bottom