• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Party

S

smash brawl player 99021

Uhh, this series got ****ty pretty quickly. I only liked Mario Party 2 to be honest. I still have it, actually. But now, it's just awful.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
How about the one where you can play with like 8 players? I remember there some these special mini-games where 2 players could play on one GC controller.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The one on the DS sucked. It's so cheap it's not even funny. I often got mad while playing the game because the CPUs cheated or they got like a random star.

:mad:

BlackLightning90

Smash Journeyman
I like Mario Party. The problem was that a new game was continuously being made every year. Still, it wouldn't hurt if they made a Mario Party 9.

My favorite minigame was Piranah Pursuit in Mario Party 1.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Mario Party Needs Online. God.
They Missed It In Mp8 And Ds

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Mario Party 1,2 and 4 are the best for me.

I felt like 1 was actually hard, though there were some minigames that you could just win simply for no point. (Like the 3 vs 1...the one where you run away from the plant on the skateboard, while 3 other people can just smash a raincloud. There's no way to win for the 3 people even if they try their hardest and the 1 doesn't make any mistakes)

Peach's Birthday Cake was aaaaargh...you get to go to the Star by chance. Speaking of chance...Chance Time...*cries* Anybody ever have anything bad happen on Chance Time?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
God yes Yink. Chance time is scary. Thank god for emulators and savestates (if you're doin' the chance time) :p

BSP

Smash Legend
I loved MP5 super duel mode
Gotta agree there. 5 is currently my favorite, but my second to least played lol. I haven't played seven much either.

What would be really cool is if Nintendo made like a mario party compilation, with all boards and minigames from all the games. It would be cool if they had a wifi party too.

Chance time is evil...but Game Guy is friggin awesome. My friends and I established the go big or go home rule. You go for as much money as possible, no matter what.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
★Viper said:
Hmm, let's compare with all the big system Mario Party's and not the handhealds nor not counting bonus Stars because you can turn them off.

Mario Party 1
Random Event's: 35%
Luck: 25%
Mini Game Skills: 40%

Comment: The mini games take the toll in this game, if you need a whole lot of cash, you have to win a mini game. You'll lose coins if you don't win.

Mario Party 2
Random Event's: 30%
Luck: 35%
Mini Game Skills: 35%

Comment: Chance time and the Boo's are very effective in this game, and items are hard to keep because of the chest that can steal them. You can still be beasty if you win a lot of mini games, but beware of Boo's and Chance time.

Mario Party 3
Random Event's: 40%
Luck: 20%
Mini Game Skills: 40%

Comment: Ah yes, three takes a lot of skills to win they mini games because it's not very easy to win them if you have good competitors. However, the stage event's also is very effective in this game. There are a lot of items in the game, but some can back fire if you use them wrong.

Mario Party 4
Random Event's: 30%
Luck: 40%
Mini Game Skills: 30%

Comment: The luck in this game has higher up from the last one because if you choose the right items, you can win faster or get to the star faster which is a different case. Also, Boo's are very harsh in this game, if you don't know how to keep your cash.... you might lose faster than you think. In this game, if you play by the rules, you'll get in last place, lol.

Mario Party 5
Random Event's: 50%
Luck: 25%
Mini Game Skills: 25%

Comment: This game... randomness is out of whack in almost every stages. Though the items help a little, but you have to be a king pin in mini games... or at least hope that you get some cash by luck. ^_^;

Mario Party 6
Random Event's: 40%
Luck: 20%
Mini Games Skills: 40%

Comment: Finally, a Mario Party with Toadette in it, oh how I love that little mushroom so much.... but enough about that. This Mario Party mini games takes more skill than anyone thinks, because the mini games are a little harder than the other Mario Party's. However, the random event's are very high due to the game going to day and night, but it's not too much to change a person's league very much, but do beware of chance time and Boo's, but it's a low chance of you getting chance time, and Boo's are only available at night on two stages. So yes, random event's and mini game skills are very high in this game. However, the luck is mostly on if you land on the DK space or the Bowser space.

Mario Party 7
Random Event's: 35%
Mini Games Skills: 25%

Comment: Yea I've heard this before "BOWSER TIME IS CHEAP" "BOWSER TIME RUINS THE GAME" and "BOWSER TIME IS BUUULLL CRAP" well their right, it jack's up the balance of the game very much, but the good part is that there's no chance time. Items are super effective in this game, (this game has item tier list, lol), one reason is because the some items **** very hard like the Pink Boo Orbs, they take your star with no question's ask, but they only show up in two stages however. The mini games still takes skills, but what makes this game not a fan favorite is Bowser Time Bowser Time, and yea, BOWSER TIME!

Mario Party 8
Random Event's: 25%
Mini Games Skills: 35%

Comment: Well... at least the random event's are water down... a lot, but this game still has luck in it to win. There's a space were you can get a free Star, and the DK spaces mostly gives you a chance to get a Star easily while Bowser makes it harder for you or he takes it a way. Well, the mini games are easy because they took out a lot of mini games because it was rushed.

Well, that's all I got to say, but I'll say this, this game is a Party game and NOT made for competitiveness.

My thoughts.... two years ago. O_o

Mario Party can get better, Mario Party 8 would had been if there were more mini games that didn't seem like a another Wii game but a Mario game.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Loved Mario Party as a kid on the N64. Always went Toad.

Haven't really played any of the others. DS is decent.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Mario Party 6 is actually pretty good once you adapt to the changes the night and day bring to the boards. They don't destroy you horribly and you can manage to come back from a good deal of situations. Mario Party 5 is okay and has some good points to it but there's really only 2 or 3 boards where the randomness doesn't screw you over.

Matt07

Smash Master
Me and my friend are huge Mario Party fans (the ones for the N64), we play it them all the time when we can. Trying to get our hands on the second Mario Party, and third one. My favourite by far though would probably be 2.

UberMario

Smash Master
I wasn't aware mini-games were taken out of Mario Party 8. Where did you read that Viper?

The first three are by far my favorites (although I save my game each turn and reset whenever a rotate the control stick game appears in the first one since my controller is getting pretty beaten up by it.

Mario Party 6 was pretty good, but I still haven't gotten over how they "replaced" items with orbs. It's a shame that the Mic games haven't had as much popularity since MP7, they were pretty fun. (Mario Party DS's mic games only require blowing)

Mario Party DS was ok, but the boards are horrifically small ( a single item can typically take you around the entire board if you know how to use it), the game feels a little low budget, and the ai is the stupidest in the series. (I've had several instances where I placed a 2-star steal hex in front of a star, the ai had a choice whether to take the route with the star and hex or take the safe route, and land on the hex in that turn, it's even more hilarious when I'm up next and am only two or three spaces from the star anyway. lol)

BTW, has anyone ever gotten 999 coins via Game Guy in Mario Party 3 or the Bowser Roulette in Mario Party DS? I have. lol

Matt07

Smash Master
I thought you couldn't get worse AI then Mario Party 1? The Computers are hilarious in some of the choices they make.

Except for Chance Time, lol. Then they're just out to get me xD.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Me and my brother played a game recently in MP3. He got to a Game Guy space and won over 800 coins O_o

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
BTW, has anyone ever gotten 999 coins via Game Guy in Mario Party 3 or the Bowser Roulette in Mario Party DS? I have. lol
I have. I still remember bragging about it to all my friends, lol. Favs were 1 and 2.

Now THIS would be cool.

Online would be a must!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
You'd think they'd make an online mario party game by now. I'd certainly try it out. But how would they work it out? Give people 1 minute to take their turns?

IMO the mario party game series needs a reboot and to come up with new and fresh ideas.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
They should remake some old minigames if a new one is made. AND WE NEED WI-FI **** IT.

UberMario

Smash Master
The problem is the shear amount of quitters that will disconnect half-way through the game because they aren't winning after 20 minutes. (Of course they could just be replaced by the ai like Brawl (usually) does..)

A wifi mini-game only mode should definitely be in the next one though.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
I liked MP2, 4 and 5.

It would be cool to have a Mario Party game with wi-fi
but I wonder how that would pan out.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
That'd be really hard...like Uber said a lot of people might disconnect if they start to lose. I think they should make it so you cannot see someone else's stats.

Then again that'd be bad too. If you attempted to steal coins you might not know who has the most. It'd make the gamer harder for sure, but I doubt other people would like that too much.

Maybe just show who's in first, second etc and not show stars/coins?

D

Deleted member

I loved the first three Mario Party games, even thought I only owned one. When I get an Nintendo 64, I want to make sure I get the Mario Party games.

However, they have gone downhill in quality, especially Mario Party 7 and Mario Party 8. Those were disappointing.

For Mario Party 9 they better drastically improve on it's debacle prequel.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Man I stayed up playing MP5 till 5am too good which by the way I tend to play with Daisy in every one she is in.

Also MP tends to brake friendships cause you can't steal somebodys star without them saying **** you >.<

.Marik

is a social misfit
The series flopped and degenerated into garbage after Mario Party 3.

The N64 Mario Parties were what my childhood consisted of, besides Mario Kart 64 and Melee.

Good stuff. I miss those games, the nostalgic joy would literally whack me in the face.

sammy p

Smash Lord

Also MP tends to brake friendships cause you can't steal somebodys star without them saying **** you >.<
hahhah oh my god thats sooo true

well, i LOVED all the MP's except 5... HATED IT! but it seems like it may be the most loves one.....
skateboard scamper from 2 was by far the most intense minigame ever hahah at least for me

UberMario

Smash Master
Yeah, that one is definitely tough, Mushroom Mix-Up/Hexagon Heat from MP1/2, Tick Tock Hop from MP3, and Control Schtick from MP6 are pretty insane aswell.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I wasn't aware mini-games were taken out of Mario Party 8. Where did you read that Viper?
Tell you the truth... I have no proof. =P

But when you played the game, it felt rushed because some mini games like Chomp Wash, Mario Matrix, Punch-A-Bunch, Sugar Rush, Eyebrawl, etc you couldn't see the character you were playing but just your pointer until the mini game ended. Some mini games like Crops n’ Robbers, King of the Thrill, Bob-ombs Away, Glacial Meltdown, Frozen Assets, etc felt it was already made and the idea stayed because you could use the Wii-mote sideways on those mini games, (maybe not Crops n’ Robbers but you get the point).

UberMario

Smash Master
That wouldn't be like the Bob-ombs Away from the first two Mario Partys would it? I don't own MP8. (though I've played it at a relative's a few months ago for, oh, fifteen minutes)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I just remembered how much I love the minigame where you pedal away from the ghost in Mario Party 1.

I forgot how bad I was at that when I was a kid, because I could never rotate fast enough! X_X

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I just remembered how much I love the minigame where you pedal away from the ghost in Mario Party 1.

I forgot how bad I was at that when I was a kid, because I could never rotate fast enough! X_X
I hate when you play that game on an emulator w/o a controller :dizzy:

Top Bottom