• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Party

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Mario Party 8 was by far the most boring Mario Party I have played. I didn't understand Mario Party Advance one bit.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
The series flopped and degenerated into garbage after Mario Party 3.

The N64 Mario Parties were what my childhood consisted of, besides Mario Kart 64 and Melee.

Good stuff. I miss those games, the nostalgic joy would literally whack me in the face.
I still have the first three for the N64 although I’m afraid play them because they eat controllers. Here's a picture of my MP2 along with some other Mario favorites.

sammy p

Smash Lord
i personally hated mario party 5 :ohwell: anyone else with me?? lol just something about it really irks me!

but i enjoyed the first 3 and the 7th hah just because when you can play up to 8 people and i have a butload of cousins that are easily entertained, splitting the controller i half for twice the players was truly one of the most amazing ideas ever!

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I really liked 3, new characters, cool modes, games, etc. After 3 was released Party 1 and 2 seemed REALLY slow and I practically never played them again. The characters moved like turtles :ohwell:

Navn

Smash Apprentice
I think 3 has the best minigames, but 2 has the best maps. 1 is decent, but all the wreck-your-controller minigames are really stupid.

Anything after 3 is not worth mentioning.

Edit: Also, 3 has an amazing item metagame. Every item in the game has a counter, meaning that nothing is broken or stupid. Heck, there's even the Boo repellant that prevent your stars from getting stolen ^^!

Tacel

Smash Lord
Whenever I play Mario Party 8, I always get cold chills.
That's because when we used to play Mario Party 8, I'd play it with my brother and we had a cold fan blowing back and forth in our cold room.
Now, I refuse to play it without the fan. :p

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Yeah, I found 5 to be very enjoyable. A ton of good minigames (Fish apon a star was awesome) and the extra games (volleyball, hockey, that one shooting game on cars) were actually fun.

Tacel

Smash Lord
My favorite is probably Mario Party 2.

If they make another one, hopefully they bring the different costume for each level back.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
DK's costumes were hideous. Especially his wizard outfit LOL.

DK was hideous in MP.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Strangely, Mario Party has a tier list. And Yoshi is the best character because of his size. I have to look more into this.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Strangely, Mario Party has a tier list. And Yoshi is the best character because of his size. I have to look more into this.
Why am I not surprised? Haha. Yoshi <3

I always used Luigi though, he's probably bottom tier because I'm drawn to low tier characters.

Oh, I wanted to talk about minigames! Anybody have favorites?

Navn

Smash Apprentice
Wow at the tier list, i thought everyone had the same size, just different skins.

From MP4: Dungeon Duos - the teamwork required here is hella fun.

From MP4 and MP5 - Volleyball minigame. Easily more competitive than Brawl.

From MP1: Slot Car Derby, Hand Car Havoc, Bombsketball, Shy Guy Says.

There's a ton more, Mario Party is THAT good. I played MP6 recently, and it was better than i expected. I always thought 4 and 5 suffered from being too slow (15 rounds taking longer than 20 rounds in 1-3), and having bad minigames.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I loved Goomba's board from Mario Party 4. I also liked the lottery, big, and small mushrooms.

And tier list? WTF

justaway12

Smash Master
Yeah, I heard CRASHiC mention it before. It's like Yoshi has like the best height and speed for mini-games or something like that...

I'm sad to say that I have not played any Mario Party N64 games, they seem like a lot of fun. I only own MP5 and 8 :(
5 was fun, but it broke =/

Navn

Smash Apprentice
Could anyone post the tier lists for 1-3? I'd like to see them, mainly since the Danish smash community takes Mario Party 1-3 very seriously :D.

A_man13

Smash Master
Mario Party 4 was technically my first mario game and it used to be my favorite game. Nowadays I don't like playing it much, but it's still fun every now and then.

And the whole tier debate, I don't even know.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Even mario party has a tier list?!

Really though, I doubt the tier list effect the game that much (to the point where it doesn't even matter).

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Hmmmmm....

Only played 3, 6, and 7.

Don't remember much about 6, just that my cousin always used the Mic cheat to rig the Star prices.

3 was fun. Dueling was awesome. I wish they bought that back. Also using Bowser Phone on yourself at 0 coins....greatness. :chuckle:

7's the only one I actually own. I like it a lot, except for how few maps there were. C'mon! Just 6??!? But it's fun nonetheless. Bowser Time does irk me a bit, though.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I remember in MP6, there was this place called Clockwork Castle. That place was HUGE. I loved going different directions.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Boo is the worst character in mini games because when you jump, you don't know if you landed or not, I think he also on some jumping mini games he falls without you knowing, but is too cool to be the worst in the game, discuss? =P

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I remember that blog. XD

I forgot how low Toadette was in Mario Party 8, little to no body picks Toadette. T_T

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I hated how they got rid of koopa kid. Him, and yoshi, were basically the only characters I used.

For MP8 I almost always use Yoshi but when I'm not its usually hammer bros.

Top Bottom