• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Mains Interview Thread! Interview: Lil Gerald!

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Is being a furry your secret to being a good Mario main?
You wish it was xD, but unfortunately it's completely unsmash related because I main Mario, Not lucario.
How do you prepare for tourneys? I warm up before actually start. Afterwards I pray. It's true. :)

Will you play me in Melee too if you come to Apex? =( I enjoy melee more than Brawl so yes.

why are so many Mario mains black yo? because Mario was secretly born in Africa. It's a conspiracy.

any future plans ? real life generally speaking I plan on going to college this august. Once I finish school I plan to be a successful Animator and Comic illustrator.
Do you hope for a SSB4? If so which character would you want to see the most?

yes. And I will like to see Krystal the most. I hate the lack of female characters and Krystal is my 2nd favorite character in Star Fox behind Falco and Favorite female nintendo character. I would also like to see paper mario in the game.

When you come to Cali, would you like to go on a date? <3
Just be in Anaheim this May when I'm there. :)
No homo

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Bo, I swear you use more U-smash than D-smash, contrary to what you say your favorite Smash is.

When are you going to start saving those Sliding Up-smashes for the ridiculously early kills yo?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
If there were a doubles tier list (why we don't have one already? I have no clue.), where would you put Mario, and why?

Who's your favorite player to watch? (Be it a Mario, a Pikachu, a ZSS...)

If you had to switch out one of Mario's moves for any other corresponding move (Mario's jab for Squirtle's jab for example...) what would that be?

My girl's mad at me. What should I do?

Super Edit: My college is closed for the second day in a row due to inclement weather. Should I be concerned for my education or bouncing off the walls cuz I get to sleep in?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
What is your favorite gag from Bobobo-bo bo-bobo?
Idk about gag, but my favorite part of the show was when Don patch was trying to sell Churros.

Bo, I swear you use more U-smash than D-smash, contrary to what you say your favorite Smash is. You know what, you may be right. Usmash might be my favorite or it might be a close tie with dsmash and Usmash.

When are you going to start saving those Sliding Up-smashes for the ridiculously early kills yo? I use it every now and then but honestly, I have not completely implemented this into my playstyle,. Mainly because I haven't mastered it yet.. I know I should though.
If there were a doubles tier list (why we don't have one already? I have no clue.), where would you put Mario, and why? I would put him low Mid tier. Mario planks well so he's not bad at stock tanking. He racks up damage very fast, and this is easier to do when your partner helps. He also aids in edgeguading. The only big problem with Mario is that he's not good at crowd controlling at all and his recovery still stinks.

Who's your favorite player to watch? (Be it a Mario, a Pikachu, a ZSS...) I like watching Famous play, I envy how fast and technical his Mario is. I also like watch Anther, Ally, M2k, Renegade, Ninjalink, and Vex.

If you had to switch out one of Mario's moves for any other corresponding move (Mario's jab for Squirtle's jab for example...) what would that be? I would switch Mario's fair with squirtle's, his Up B for Marth's, his dtilt for Rob's or ness's, and his first Jab for Luigi's.

My girl's mad at me. What should I do? Give her money. :D

Super Edit: My college is closed for the second day in a row due to inclement weather. Should I be concerned for my education or bouncing off the walls cuz I get to sleep in? Both
ROFL, asking bo for girl advice made me rofl so hard irl

these ******** questions for interview is so hilarious lol
idc this is fun xD

BoX7, if you had an urban dictionary page how would it describe you?
I refuse to answer your question because you called me box7.

jk, I would say, The only Mario main that's a furry and the creator of the Notorious DTM series.

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
Box7 do you think. Mario's metagame can be taken to whole new level? And also burger king just announce more items for their dollar menu, what's your stance?

Big-Omar

Smash Journeyman
$50 MM mario vs link?

And If I win (with a crowd as witnesses)?

And last question: What is the meaning of Life?

And Last LAST question: Am i being annoying? D: lol

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
how much do u think xero is a troll? On a scale of 1/10 I'll give him a 7

When you play, in your head, do you think consciously? or just by instinct? Consciously. I rely on instinct when I'm dealing with something I know how to overcome.

will you ever play me on Wifi? =( If you asked me 2 months ago I would have said yes, but I quit.

xero thinks i'm cute, what do you think of this?
As long as he said no homo afterwords, he's cool.

Box7 do you think. Mario's metagame can be taken to whole new level? And also burger king just announce more items for their dollar menu, what's your stance?
There's a possibility but we need to pitch in together with humility and have faith if we want it to work.

Also on the BK thing. That's awesome :D

SSB4
Do you think they will cut down the camping or make it worse?
Knowing Sakurai's hate for Competitive gaming... yes, it will get worse.

Besides Mario and SSB, what other games do you enjoy?

Naruto GNT series, Naruto ultimate ninja series, One piece Grand battle/adventure, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Viewtiful joe series, Ocarina of Time, Twilight princess, Mario party 2, Mario kart 64, Tekken Series, Soul calibur Series, King of Fighter's series, sonic adventure series, ratchet and clank series.

$50 MM mario vs link? YOU DON'T HAVE $50! D:<

And If I win (with a crowd as witnesses)? ^^^^^^

And last question: What is the meaning of Life? To Live good. O.o

And Last LAST question: Am i being annoying? D: lol
I'm more amused than annoyed.

What's the most inspirational song to you?
The very same power by Ricardo Sanchez.

What kind of music are you into?
Hip hop
(Hiphop=/= garbage Lil wayane and the other crappy non underground rappers)
, Rock, Nuemetal, Gospel, VG music, Orchestral, electronic.

Big-Omar

Smash Journeyman
Jab, Jab cancel, DTilt, Fsmash?
And very last question cus I can't think of anymore: Big-O for DTM 4 as Mexico's representative? =D

Matt07

Smash Master
Yea orchestra music!

What low tier character do you think is mid tier (other then Mario?)

Favourite animated movie?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
he didn't say no homo now im really scared, stupid xero D:

any words to the Mario community in reaching to your level?

You seem the kind of guy that's really cool to chill, looking at your personality on the boards, and ur taste of music, let's have a sexy Mario party? :3

Thoughts on Mario's metagame overall? (sorry if this was repeated)

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Jab, Jab cancel, DTilt, Fsmash?
And very last question cus I can't think of anymore: Big-O for DTM 4 as Mexico's representative? =D
No to both >: )

What low tier character do you think is mid tier (other then Mario?) Probably Ness.

Favourite animated movie? Meet the robinsons
honestly do you think my mario is fun or boring to watch?
It's the slow ones that are boring.
any words to the Mario community in reaching to your level?
All we need is more "I'll keep trying and never give up!" and less "omg I lost to snake again, will i ever win?" or noone will reach high level play, no matter how many times you lose.

Thoughts on Mario's metagame overall?
Read my above post. =D

What all game systems do you own?

Nintendo wii and a stolen 360. If I counted drawing as a system then yea. because I play that twice as much as I do any game, xD.

Mario Party 1,2,3 and 8! If we ever meet we'll have a MM in all 4!
I got dibs on yoshi. :D

Top Bottom