• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Mains Interview Thread! Interview: Lil Gerald!

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
How will you react, to Xero's post and when you beat him in the $5 MM? XDDD.

Do you get annoyed nubs like me ask for advice =(?

What makes you different from the Mario mains here? (including boss)

How did you learn high level play?

Matt07

Smash Master
Hippiedude

Q. Why do you ask me for advice? I suck.
A. i dont give a **** ur godly and u cant argue with me

Q. how much money have you made in your smash career?
A. uh u count, store credit ($3), a manga book, and $2 from beating snakeeee ($1) and 'wes $1 then sure lol.

Q. Do you like being Asian?
A. Of course, asian smashers **** lol (see azen)

Q. Hippie dude
A.Who's your favorite character besides Mario?

Luigi hands down.

Q. Hippie, what's your most valuable/cherished tourney victory? Be it an MM, friendly, whatever.
A. seemingly alot really lol, but in terms of results and just down right a good tourney day, it'd be this one http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261061 even though it was small, top 7 was one of my primary goals and when l first got it, l felt like my training had paid off. http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=51815

although, it's funny how the ones l liked /sorta cherished, are ones with me losing to insanely close matchs with pros lol.

Q. Who do you think is the best mario?
A. boss = the metagame

but after boss is definitely Bo x7, then maybe abit of mix of kirin/vato maybe, just naming top of my head so not really official

Q. Why Mario is soo pro? :3
A. cuz he's Jesus.

Q. Do you have a player that you consider a rival?
A.not really, well l consider lots of ppls rivals in various things , like terms of overall results, better character pride or w/e y'know etc.

oh and someone play me on wifi im bored no wc. aim = hippiedudeCM

Q. Did Polmex influence your interest in boxing?
A. sort of, but after seeing manny paciquao's **** (person in my avi), then i started 100% agreeing with his boxing analogies although they are quite good and funny.

Q. When did you get involved in smash?

A. It's a really funny story lol might be long. Basically, l played Smash around the age of 11 or 12, and one of my friends (old school melee player StrataRazor, also introduced me to old school legend Wes), he'd always invite me to parties, and somehow he'd always smash, with his friends, and as a younger kid, l never got the chance to play, but they played Melee competitively (wavedashing etc) so l imitated that stuff, and one of the ppl there used Mario, so l was like, yo son lets try luigi lol, and apparently l was so **** as each party l came to, but i didnt know they were competitive advanced techs.

so then one of my best friends l made him learn advanced techs, i usually **** him until one day he used smashboards to learn how to lcancel and **** me and what not, and we were just rivals from that point.

then i pretty much just waited for Brawl to come out, which l was like 15 or 16 years old, and started using smashboards, and just chilled on the boards and the community was chill. so from there l resorted to wifi, until l SERIOUSLY got involved with smash community of NY, at Feb 09 and started my real Smash Career entering tourneys up to now.

TL;dr l played smash casually 11 or 12 years ago.
Played semi-competitive smash 12-14 years old (just played melee with competitive techs no tourneys)
officially involved with smash at Feb 09 and here l am today. yeah sorry this was mad long, l kinda liked my way getting into the smash scene.

Q. Why did you choose to main Mario?
A. i picked mario up around beginning of brawl, maybe in the summer, l was thinking, well isn't Mario similar to Luigi? it shouldnt be too hard picking him up lol esp his speed i liked alot plus boss and bo was pretty rapist back then :]

Q. What's with you and Selena Gomez?
A. shes my future wife and shes hawt secks

uJEALOUS????

Q. When is the next major tourney you are going to?
A. im trying my hardest my ****ING hardest to go to Apex 2010, so you should go, so we can have Luigi FFA and we can go around the venue, acting all ninja and ****, and shoryukening them irl.

Q. Alright now for my serious question.....
Mario or Luigi, who's your favourite and why?
A. you *******, asking me hard questions... just kidding

but nah for real, kinda hard question, i love them both equally with all my heart, they're both very unique in their respective ways in and out of smash. I grew my love for Luigi because l wanted to be an opposite of the Mario player, and proved he can be a threat too. But l love mario and his games (Mario Party, old school mario, fire Mario, mario sunshine) and hes speed is just so **** (cuz luigi's aerial movement is ****) plus the Mario community is down right ****ing **** l love this community and proud that it's really active and VERY helpful, so cant say which is which lol..

Q. How would you feel if MK was banned?
A. If Mk was banned, it'd be one less thing to worry about lol. hardly ever fight MKs in tourney, even if he wasn't banned, oh well l'll just **** the **** outta him because Mario>MK. honestly would have ICs infinites grabs banned from personal experience lol.

Q. Do you think Mario would have an easier time in tournaments, why or why not?
A. Depends, many people live in different regions and different kinds of Smash scenes, I know that MD/VA doesn't have too many MKs but have more of a diverse characters used by different kinds of people, I mean it doesnt hinder the fact Mario has other bad matchups too y'know?

Q. What's your thought on FIHL, and FLUDD in general?
A. From my personal experience, l hardly use it lol, i keep forgetting to implement it into my game after seeing the amounts of potential that can change a matchup (ex:GaW) but i think its heavily underrated/under used by others, and should DEFINITELY be into every single Mario player's game plan because it is a tool that can be used in a variety of situations and Mario being versatile, has a answer to everything and that without doubt, is with his FLUDD. Plus I think putting FIHL into ur mario, takes abit of learning practice because you'll need to try it in different scenarios (like if they're too close, when should l do it, frame data, what happens if...) but definitely a option for mario.

Q. What game did Mario fisrt ever have a Cape
A:: Super Mario 3
B: Luigi Mansdion
C:: Super MarioWorld
A. dam lol i needa get back into the mario games scene again XD havent played em in sooooo long. i think its super mario world? lol im so rusty i hope im right XDDD

Q. When I grow up I want to be like hippiedude how do I accomplish this ?
A. lulz first, u tell urself that selena gomez, maria ozawa, demi lavato and bunch of other celebrities WILL be ur future dream wife cuz they hella ****ing hot as ****. then, next u tell ppl that if u fight hippydood in a tourney using gay tactics, he'll scream at you like a girl.

Q. I just realised I forgot to ask you this question that I plan on asking all Mario mains.
Where would you rank yourself on a Mario PR if we were to have one?
A. As much as l want to be perceived as a top Mario, l would not rank myself because l am in my learning stage, and will be in it for a long time, and l refuse, to be in one because i usually dont like being in the hella internet drama, and my actions and results will speak for itself. i do my own thing.

tho i dont mind being last :]

Q. Whats your favorite move of Mario's in each catagory
Basics:
Aerials:
Specails:
Throws:
Smashes:
Taunts:
Victory scene::

A. im guessing basics is ground game? lol, most likely jab1, l play luigi and his jabmindgames i can easily implement with mario.
aerials - l love them equally, but prolly bair.
specials - prolly fireball or super jump punch
throws - dthrow
smashs - FSMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
taunts - the uptaunt i think the one where he grows bigger lol
victory scene - not sure what this is, but i think the one with his punch or some **** idk lol

Q. Mario vs Luigi
Mario's Fireball have more range and speed and more hit stun
Luigi's Fireball are fired faster and does slightly more damages is this accurate?
A. dont really care for hitstun and damage, in the end, u can still get ***** lol as, faster and range wise, idkss i mean u use their fireball differently and a unique way right? O_O

Q. If Mario could have a 80:20 Advantage against any character, who would it be? Metaknight cannot be the answer
A.Lucario, GaW, Lucas, ICs AND MOST DEFINITELY CAPTAIN FALCON. seriously l lose to these characters in brackets alot for some reason LOL

Q. How hard is it to settle down with a single women with a person of your stature?
A. Extremely. i prolly like bang one girl, she gets all dry, so i move to the next luuul

Q. Will you have my babies?
A. as long u name em after any of the mario mains on the board lol

Q. Paquiao or Cotto?
A. pacquiao obv. i actually implemented alot of manny's mindgames boxing to my mario lol :]

Q. Rofl or Lmao?
A. rofl.

Q. Do you like fishsticks?
A. maybe? XD kanye west does luuul
south park <3

Q. Mario
Aerials
Nair sex kick 10%or12%
Fair Spike Punch 10%or13%
Dair Spin 13%
Uair Kickflip 10%
Biar DropKick 10%or12%

Am I accurate?

A. dunno have no clue can care less
doesnt defeat the fact mario's ***** amrite?????

Q. Do you like chicken, Hippie.
A.Your silly, of course l do. ****ing Popeyes is gdlk.

Q. Your name is Hippie. Does that mean you're a stoner? XD
A. No l think? lol. Nah I'm a pimp dawg.
see me in tourney for more info on dat shizz nigg@!

Q. Are you left handed or right handed?
A. I'm originally right handed, but for some reason l have the ability to use my left hand moderately, things such as skating, sometimes writing, etc.

Q. What other hobbies do you have?
A. My other hobbies within atm, is definitely handball (implementing my smash mindgames ;D) skateboarding, lolmelee, billards, being lazy in school and falling asleep, watching every ones youtube vids :3,

Q. What game systems do you have?
A. ps2, psp, DS, gamecube, wii, trying to debate on ps3 or 360 atm someone help me pls lol.

Q. What's your thought on planking/stalling matches?
A. My thought on planking and stalling is that, ppl are fgts, they really wanna make tourneys to run up to 12am -_-. If you play a top tier and plank/stall me, i will just out plank/stall you and gey the **** outta you.

Q. What's your best 'staple' (reading players, punishing, DI, etc.) to your metagame with Mario?
A. Dunno lol, l seem a alot of a all around type XD, l'd rather have the players speak for it, from my given vids, but dunno.. l'mma guess the jab mindgames (from luigi lol) tho i need do this slightly more and step it up and maybe going all aggro, flashiness lol even though flashy doesnt rly mean ur good or anything. and possibly OOS Upb, i like using this to my defense,

Brawl with gey matchups that is all lol.

and hell no im 3 stocking these questions :O

Q. You got any resident evil?
A. lol naw, but im a big fan of it, tho i dont wanna play it alone at night im scared XD id want a girl to tend to play with me =]

Q. What's your smash-related goal?
A. Start getting top 5 in tournies and beat pros already.

Q. What tier do you think Mario & Luigi really belong to?
A. Mario at least bottom midtier so he can enter low tier events still =D and luigi mid-mid tier or bottom high tier
Q. What's your top 3 best matchups?
A. Luigi dittos, Mario dittos, Link. lmao

Q. Whats your favorite level of ssbb?
A. mars16, idk what u mean, but im guessing the story line, i like the last boss, i actually had to hustle to **** him in beginning of brawl =D

Q. How did you come up with the name "hippiedude"?
A. lol it was kinda dumb but, in 3rd grade, i always talk to girls saying " WASSUP DUDE!!!" and the girls remember me from that, and if i remember, im not sure if it was powerpuff girls show, or some thing, but it had to do with hippys or something, and they kept saying dude, i was like w/e i'll make it into hippiedude! had this name for at least 11 years now lol.

Q. If you could ignore character pride who would you play competitively the most?
A. Definitely snake or Diddy kong or Falco or just about any high to top tier LOL

Q. How the fux did you grow your hair out like that and how long did it take?
A. Maybe 10 months LOL, 10 months of epic hard work, with dudes always touching me all the time ._.

Q. What do you hope to accomplish from your time in smash?
A. besides in game the smash, i'm hoping it'll make me a wiser and a better decision making person. It's been helping me so far in real life =)

Q. Why are you so sexii?
A. i'm hella sexy cause, in smash I play with swag, YOU GOTTA LEARN HOW TO FREESTYLE SON.

Q. Where do you get all of those dimes that you pay people with after MM's? xD
A. LOL i know you wonder that, in my 14th birthday, my godmother apparently had no bills, so she went to the bank and got $50 in DIMES so i didn't really use it until like for buses and food and eventually i'd like to bring coins cuz i hate spending dollars in MMs, so i said **** this, l'll MM people in dimes, i hope they like coins! plus if i lose, instead of giving $2, i'd probably give 0.50 cents since most people don't really count their coins. I'm a known as the MM-er in dimes =)

Q. What was your first tournament irl? I remember meeting you and Viva early on at a Game Table tournament a long way back =)
A. It was actually GIMPED1 I met Kirin there only briefly, l got 25th out of 100 all Mario and Luigi as my first tourney (fought mikeg in first round LOL) http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...legendarysamus

Q. Do you suggest wi-fi for people that have only ever played offline as a way of improving strategy? (This relates directly to me, I'm curious haha)
A. Whatever works for you dude lol, l started out as a wifi player until l managed to get a hold on offline tourneys but still play wifi because i have no other systems, but after seeing the amount of progress in wifi players lately, i don't see why not, Wifi can be used for Matchups you haven't fought before, and you CAN still improve for offline tourneys too, if you know difference of what works and what doesn't work. Plus 10 mins a day on Training Mode doesn't hurt which l do. This is my personal input, and goes for all Mario mains that resort to Wifi.

Q. What is the best carpool in the East Coast? ^_^
A. well OBVIOUSLY the Will's carpool is the best in EC. I mean, do you see ANY kind of carpools that do smashfest and go for Dumplings stores for food right after? I think not. RAPEEE <3.

Q. Do you wanna team with me at PolyBrawl on March 6?
A. dunno if im going lol, even if i do go, idk if i wanna enter, for some reason i always do bad in the polybrawls tourneys.... (i lost to the same lucas twice now.. and within a year difference) but if i do go, i don't mind doing some cape **** mms just talk to me lol

Q. Just a random question, hah...Hippie, who do you think is better...Mario or Luigi(overall at MU's).? x9-
A. dunno... while both characters are similar and unique.. its really hard to tell, because for me, i analyze the game by options and Mario has the right tool set to handle the MUs.. it's just that some characters just do twice as better.. of course luigi handle some really popular MUs though like Olimar, Diddy kong, and Wario etc.. and luigi has some a broken jab lol

idks i can't tell really, imo it's just matter of preference.

Q. Who's your worst Match up for Mario?
A. from personal experience for mario = at the moment PEACH WTF T_T, falcons, somewhat lucario (i was planning to make Mario **** Lucarios since i lose to him with luigi/marth alot plus Kirin said mario camp ***** him) a lil bit of snake, and lucas.

Q. Who's your worst Luigi?
A. luigi = lucario LMAO and falcon and just about any low to mid tier for some odd reason

Q.hippie, why are we asians so ****ing awesome?
A. because they ****ing ****, for example = Azen (when he cares)

Q. you wanna visit me one time in germany?
A. lol if i have the money, house me yo XD

Q. dude , why are you so hippie?^^
A. iunno man, i guess it's in my blood o.O you come visit me homie =D

Q. hippiedude
hi :D
A. dory = wassup

Q. why does zhao just raep u so much?
:)
A. zhao suck my ****

Q. Ever beaten anybody with a character you most never use?
A. mars yup, ics lol.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
A couple of questions:

1. Where did you get your name?
2. What do you do to someone that calls you Box?
3. Can you get the MW Mario's to step it up?

btw I called next.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
1. Where did you get your name?

My name was at first 4kt in the past. When I first started watching Bobobobobobobo I stole his name and revamped it to Bo X7. Also 7 is a prosperous and abundant number. My favorite number

2. What do you do to someone that calls you Box?

I rage!! I forced them to pronounce the name right as well! I hate it when TO's put Box in the bracket. O.o

3. Can you get the MW Mario's to step it up?
Yes. I will motivate everyone by attending singles again and placing high like I did in the past because right now the Illinois PR is pathetic.
How are you going to react when I beat you in our $5 MM?
I'ma be like HOLY ****, XERO! Then I'd be broke. Not really. ;D But that's if you win. ;D

How will you react, to Xero's post and when you beat him in the $5 MM? XDDD.
He's gonna be like HOLY ****, BO! You WIN AGAIN. Then he's gonna be broke. It's true I'ma make sure we get a crowd lol

OTHER THAN THE DTILT what would you say Mario's worst move is?
Fair, it's such a slow and weak spike. Don't let my combo vid fool you.

Do you get annoyed nubs like me ask for advice =(?
I only get annoyed by Arrogant nubs like Pknintendo.

What makes you different from the Mario mains here? (including boss)
I play a passive aggressive mario which can adapt to many play styles. Besides my adaptation, I'm probably one of the campiest Marios when it comes to tourney play. I do nothing but plank and play very cautious, lol. In friendlies I'm super aggressive though, it throws my opponent off when I actually play them in tourney to witness my true style.

How did you learn high level play?
Positive mindset, Determination, and Persistence to do better. Remember, POSITIVE MINDSET! This is the most important factor.

Bo, when did you first start drawing?
I was drawing since I was 5.

Why Mario?
Mario's always been my favorite nintendo character. I wouldn't care if he was as bad as Falcon, I'd still play him. He also fits my play style best.

Will you teach me Mario? LOL
Why not? Every Mario is a friend of mine. especially my mexican brother from another mother.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Who do you feel are the top 5 Marios in the US?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Who is your best buddy in the competitive scene?

Besides your use of Mario in tournament, what else identifies you as a Mario fanboy?

Matt07

Smash Master
What made you go into competitive Smash?

If there was a Mario PR where would you rank yourself? Shafted Xero :p!

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Whats your favorite move of Mario's in each catogory

Ground
Aerials
Specails
Throws
Smashes
Tuants

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-Don't make a Mario PR, because, i wouldn't qualify to it coz i'm not in US ¬¬...anyways, Bo, do you think that Mario could have a DACUS instead of our LHyphen Smash(looks at the new PDACUS)...?-

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
odor combo
?
reverse uair,uair, Caped Fair. lolol

Who do you feel are the top 5 Marios in the US?
IMO from the best.

1.Boss
2,3.Kirinblaze/Famous
4,5.ME/vatobreak

Very hard to determine.

if Tc1 didn't quit I would put him under Boss.

Who is your best buddy in the competitive scene?
That's easy, 7FO.

But I have many OTHER buddies.

Mario Buddy: Vatobreak
Metagame buddy: A2Z
I got other close competive friends such as Kirk, Akashi, Kain, Hunger, etc

Besides your use of Mario in tournament, what else identifies you as a Mario fanboy?
You wouldn't know that I liked Mario unless I showed it somehow, lol. Sometimes in public I imitate Mario in a funny way. That sometiems shows it. XD

What's Mario's worse match-up?
Metagay

What do you ban/CP vs DK?
DK can only **** you on Brinstar and japes. Ban japes because you have very little chance of winning there. You can still beat DK on brinstar if they go there. I 2 stocked ook there, haha.

I CP DK to Lylat and FD. Lylat because the stage limits his recovery, although FD is a better stage.. you can easily outgay him with fireballs on this stage.

What made you go into competitive Smash?
Ok STORY TIME!!

Once upon a time, a little kid named Chris(BO X7) always had friends who bragged about SSB64. Until he got it, shortly after he bought melee and got addicted. The first character he picked of course in both games was Mario. After he unlocked roy in Melee he really liked him and seconded him. A few years later, his dad got the internet. Every week Bo went to his house to browse the web because he never did it before. Now he was a very lame kid because he browsed sites like 4kids.com and watched atrocities like the dub version of One Piece.

Bo met a guy named Infinite GXT on this website and Bo got into an argument with him with who was better between Roy and Marth. Bo thought Roy was really good. Bo was dumb as hell. Bo hated this guy's guts because he always stomped him in arguments. Why wouldn't he?

Eventually the guy felt sorry for his lack of intelligence and introduced Bo to all the crap he was talking about like wavedashing. He introduced Bo to the competitive scene of SSBM. Bo forced himself to learn all the ATs of smash and watched like every mario and roy combo video made. As well as others. He also watched many matches with eggz, Ken, Neo, etc. Bo was always too young to go to tournaments until 2008 when he entered his first tournament and got 2nd/16. He really liked tourneys so he continued to attend tourneys.

I still talk to and thank GXT till this day. if I never met him I would have never met any of you guys.

If there was a Mario PR where would you rank yourself?
Whever Kirin is, I'd put myself right below him. I don't think I am as good as he is yet. I strive to be better than Boss though.

Whats your favorite move of Mario's in each catogory

Ground Jabs, Ftilt
Aerials Dair
Specials Fireball/Up B
Throws Dthrow
Smashes Dsmash
Tuants Side taunt, the others are balls. Even his Up taunt. ;D
Bo, do you think that Mario could have a DACUS instead of our LHyphen Smash
No. but if he did man Fthrow>Dacus. JESUS CHRIST

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
woah, Bo your story into getting competitive smash is so similar like mine O_O! Is this fate? :O

What's a metagame buddy ? lol (Prolly A2 is mine too next to Kirin lol)

How do you feel for the newer marios and mid level marios, looking up to you as a figure or role model?

If you come to Apex 2010, will we have FFAs ? =(

Who do you think has potential in the Mario community atm?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
What's a metagame buddy ? lol (Prolly A2 is mine too next to Kirin lol) A friend who dedicates his time to help me get better at this game.

How do you feel for the newer marios and mid level marios, looking up to you as a figure or role model? I really feel appreciated that these Marios see me as a top Mario. I am always kind to all of them.

If you come to Apex 2010, will we have FFAs ? =( Hell Yes. And believe me, I'm really looking forward to going. I'm trying to make up money now for the trip.

Who do you think has potential in the Mario community atm?

Big O
Hippie
Calebyte
Xero Xen

I haven't seen any other Marios recently
Ever won any tournaments not using Mario?
I've yet to win any tournaments offline. The closest I've got to winning one was last year in january when I got 3rd/43. I used Mario until I got up to grand finals when I used Rob and Peach. I've won many online when I played, but hell, they don't count.

Why am I not your buddy?
get to know me more and you will be. :)

Will you convince my dad to let me go to more tourneys? :O
Just let me talk to him if we meet up again. I like talking to adults, since most see me as a mature young one.

Which Mario texture is the most overpowered?

My Ray Fox Mario texture.

Ray's so good I've got peeps making sprites and Textures of him. ;D

Matt07

Smash Master
What do you think is your best attribute with Mario? (Same question I asked Hippie.) Like as in being able to read well, DI, punishing well, etc.

Pepsi or Coca-Cola?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
What's your worst low tier match-up?
Ally. Besides his Falcon, I'd probably say m2k's and Renegade's Ikes.
When will you start on Do the Mario 4? This March. it will also be the last installment unless I'm motivated to continue forever
How will you react if I beat your Mario with my Link? I will quit Brawl.
Unless I was sandbagging.
Can I rent a box? no. >: )
Would you ship your boxes with UPS or Fed X?

UPS, lol

What do you think is your best attribute with Mario? (Same question I asked Hippie.) Like as in being able to read well, DI, punishing well, etc. Camping until I find an opening to punish them which sometimes ends with the loss of a stock and gimp.

Pepsi or Coca-Cola? Cola because they have red cans.

Javon89

Smash Ace
How close do you think you are to Boss?
If I ever find you in the U.S.A will you do friendlies with my crappy Mario?
Weegee's Mansion or Super Mario Sunshine?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Can I refer to you as The Botector?
Only on weekends.

How close do you think you are to Boss? I think I'm very close but he's like 5 steps away.
If I ever find you in the U.S.A will you do friendlies with my crappy Mario? I do dittos with people who don't even main mario. So yes. :)
Weegee's Mansion or Super Mario Sunshine? Weegee's all the way. Mario has an easy jab lock set up here.
**** I'm bored.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
LMFAO @ BIG O ridicious question about UPS LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

How do you prepare for tourneys?

Will you play me in Melee too if you come to Apex? =(

why are so many Mario mains black yo?

any future plans ? real life generally speaking

Top Bottom