• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ After three days of hell from the AI in Mario Kart 7, I finally got ★★★ on my profile. I did a little ranking, had a lot of fun racing, not much fun on battle. )=

☯ I'll mostly stick with Rosalina, Shy Guy and Daisy in Mario Kart 7.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Man. I hope I can get a 3DS for Xmas (or enough money to buy one).
I seriously want MK7 so much.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I can pretty much state that when I do get the game, my primary combos will most likely involve high acceleration and high handling. I may also do high off-road during the process.

Either way, in a GP race, you'll be in for a long day if your combo's acceleration is lackluster.

ParaChomp

Smash Cadet
Here's a trick to somewhat counter the Blue Shell, back up so your opponents get caught up in the explosion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I HATE how things are unlocked in this game.

It requires grinding like crazy.

All I want is the Koopa Clown Car!!! My Bowser would look totally awesome in it!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Actually, Bowser slightly clips through 99% of all the karts. He's too big apparently.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I HATE how things are unlocked in this game.

It requires grinding like crazy.

All I want is the Koopa Clown Car!!! My Bowser would look totally awesome in it!
At least most of the combos that I'm thinking about don't exactly require a lot of effort to get. It's just the luck of the draw that's the issue.

Actually, Bowser slightly clips through 99% of all the karts. He's too big apparently.
Bowser's shell does add to the space issues too.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
As far as parts just keep grinding until you get the necessary 20,000 coins for everything. I've 3 starred all the cups and have played about 2 days of online and have around 3,500 coins. It will take time.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
As far as parts just keep grinding until you get the necessary 20,000 coins for everything. I've 3 starred all the cups and have played about 2 days of online and have around 3,500 coins. It will take time.
Why only 10 coins per race is beyond me. In SMK and MKSC, you could hold a lot more coins than that.

Nigachu

Smash Apprentice
Why only 10 coins per race is beyond me. In SMK and MKSC, you could hold a lot more coins than that.
No single player versus mode is the real shame. Then again, it would probably distract from collecting all the coins needed to unlock parts in Grand Prix. Seeing as how that is the only mode that unlocks stuff outside of the multiplayer modes.

Bowser's Castle is probably my worst track.:mad:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No single player versus mode is the real shame. Then again, it would probably distract from collecting all the coins needed to unlock parts in Grand Prix. Seeing as how that is the only mode that unlocks stuff outside of the multiplayer modes.

Bowser's Castle is probably my worst track.:mad:
Yeah the lack of a solo VS is a downer, but I guess Nintendo just wants players to become more involved with Wi-Fi.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I don't like the fact that the moment I hit the 150cc cups that murphy's law became the governing body of mario kart. Sometimes it really doesn't matter how hard I try the computer will always have the right items at the right time to screw me over 100%.

Murphy's law 7. brought to you by the creators of Murphy's law Wii.

Don't get me wrong I still love this game, but sometimes it is just so frustrating.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to know the requirements for getting stars on a cup.

I've gone through it perfectly, and in first place and only have 2 stars on some cups

My guess: first place every race, get 10 coins every race, ...finishing in a certain time?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Yeah the lack of a solo VS is a downer, but I guess Nintendo just wants players to become more involved with Wi-Fi.
☯ That was one of the things I was very sad to see gone, mostly because I do want to practice regular racing on some of my favorite courses without going to Grand Prix only. )=

I want to know the requirements for getting stars on a cup.

I've gone through it perfectly, and in first place and only have 2 stars on some cups

My guess: first place every race, get 10 coins every race, ...finishing in a certain time?
☯ Besides get in first place all the time, I believe you have to stay in first place majority of the race on all courses, (aka try your best to not get hit by obstacles, items, or falling off the courses as much as possible) and get at least 35 coins in total, (I could be wrong on the number, just assuming because I didn't get 10 coins every race and still got 3★).

D

Deleted member

I just lost the 150cc Leaf Cup by one point. Maple Treeway, what happened? I thought we were cool.

For the record, I still love it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I only played the Wii version a few times, and I say it's about the same. You'll get a few "teleporting" players because of lag, but otherwise it's the same old thing. Just watch out for people who spam Maka Wuhu because of the shortcut glitch. You will eventually encounter one that will spam it over and over.

As for three stars, no one knows the exact requirements, but there are some things you should do just to be safe:

-Get first place. Not getting 1st in all races automatically equals two stars or less.
-Try to stay in 1st during races. You will get blue-shelled, so just do your best to separate yourself from the CPUs. If you are going to take a hit, brake before you travel over pits/glide areas. The time you waste falling will not help you.
-Use items wisely. ALWAYS equip an item behind you and have one in reserve, because the 2nd place CPU will almost always get Red Shells. If you get a Banana Bunch, equip them and keep an item in reserve and don't use anything...you are pretty much set. If you have Super Leaf, you may want to waste it for better items. Just weigh your options and be smart.
-Try to get as many coins as possible. 40 coins is not required, but try to keep as many as you can.
-Don't fall into pits. While falling off does not automatically disqualify you from getting three stars, don't fall in anyways.

The CPUs are practically snipers with their throwing items, so don't be surprised if you get nailed by a shell or bomb when no one is near you. There's a good chance you won't three star a cup on your first try, so just keep trying. Be patient and you'll eventually earn those bragging rights.

D

Deleted member

How bad would you call Luigi/Bumble V/Monster/Super Gilder?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
What's weird is that computers never got the blue shell in MK64.
It's so strange...
Same goes for Super Circuit.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm assuming this is for online races, so...

You have pretty low handling, so if you're not confident with the sharper turns on certain course, I recommend increasing it. Try finding a combination that trades off-road for handling if this is the case. An emphasis on off-road isn't really useful compared to the other stats imo.

I personally think weight around 3 is good enough...you won't go too far if you get shoved and your gliding time will be normal. But whatever, I don't think this stat is as important.

Maybe increase acceleration, because you will inevitably get hit, but 3-3.5 is good enough.

I will say definitely trade Super Glider for any of the other gliders that gives a change...the small trade-off of weight for a bit more acceleration is worth it in the long run imo.

I have both a heavy build and a mid-light build which both do pretty good for me...when I don't get destroyed by blue shells and other random shenanigans. <_<

Thino

Smash Master
What's weird is that computers never got the blue shell in MK64.
It's so strange...
Same goes for Super Circuit.
Its not actually that strange, they've tried to gradually give the computers access to more and more of the items humans use at every new installment

I dont know yet about MK7 but I think so far the only items the computers didnt get are multi items: triple bananas, triple shells, triple shrooms, etc..

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Its not actually that strange, they've tried to gradually give the computers access to more and more of the items humans use at every new installment

I dont know yet about MK7 but I think so far the only items the computers didnt get are multi items: triple bananas, triple shells, triple shrooms, etc..
You'd know for sure if you pay attention to the touch screen. CPUs can have triple items in Mario Kart DS after all.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I've definitely seen CPUs with Triple Bananas in this game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, the handling does take a nose dive, but the off-road makes up for that flaw. Of course, the Red Monster would be a better option for wheels, since its acceleration is slightly better when you combine it with an acceleration boosting glider.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
The CPUs in MK7 can get triple stuff.
I've seen it on the bottom screen plenty of times

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Seriously on 64, if you played 100cc or higher, if one of the CPU characters got ahead of you and got out of view you literally could never catch them unless they constantly tripped on Bananas. Well I got the CPU down for 64. Depending on what character you used certain character CPUs would ride on certain parts of the tracks. Left side, middle, and right side so it made it extremely easy to set up traps and know they'd hit them. Although I still hate how they can catch you no matter how fast you went unless you had the Star man.

BSP

Smash Legend
^^IKR

The second you lose sight of them, they get a lead

And you can't catch them because 3rd and 4th CPU are always right on your tail

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mario Kart DS did bring back those speedy CPUs as well. There are times where you can never get 1st place, unless a Spiny Shell manages to pop up and get the leading CPU. Because of this, getting a 3-star rank is very hard to do for the 100cc, 150cc, and Mirror.

Top Bottom