• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The Monster and Red Monster have the best traction, despite being tied with the Slick and Gold Tires for the worst handling.
In the case of the Monster and Red Monster, they also offer great speed. .25 points shy from the Slick and Gold, but with the added benefit of better Off-Road. The only real cost being Acceleration. Of course, in Itemless/Mushroom-Only communities, Acceleration is seldom ever a big deal.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
I love MK7 and MKWii. For MKWii I got no star ranking(XD) but 8000 VR.
For MK7,2star ranking and 2500 VR. I use Luigi most of the time and I use egg 1,bat hoovers(forgot names, havent played in a while), and red monster truck wheels.

:phone:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Hey awesome.

You should join us in the events thread sometime and play :)

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Really? Is it anything similar to Smash 64's online? It must be interesting to play SMK that way.
I'm not sure how SSB64 works online, but, for netplay for SMK, you need two of the same emulator on both computers, the exact same rom, and each other's IP addresses. I've played with a friend before online, so I know it works.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm not sure how SSB64 works online, but, for netplay for SMK, you need two of the same emulator on both computers, the exact same rom, and each other's IP addresses. I've played with a friend before online, so I know it works.
It works the same way Smash 64 works.
Wow, then couldn't any multiplayer game theoretically work the same way, like - say - Goldeneye 007 or TMNT Turtles in Time (SNES)?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
How awesome would it be playing Diddy Kong Racing online? And I don't mean the lackluster DS remake either.

Now it makes me wonder about Double Dash, assuming they can somehow program an emulator for that, though I'd say that's too far of a stretch. Wishful thinking nonetheless.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Double Dash can, but you need a decent computer to run it or its super laggy, especially over online.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Double Dash can, but you need a decent computer to run it or its super laggy, especially over online.
Wow, that's pretty cool actually. Now, the only thing I can think of is playing a fun co-op game online, like Secret of Mana or something.

By the way, any news on when exactly the MK7 patch comes out?

Thino

Smash Master
Wow, that's pretty cool actually. Now, the only thing I can think of is playing a fun co-op game online, like Secret of Mana or something.

By the way, any news on when exactly the MK7 patch comes out?
sorry for keeping this thread offtopic, but I LOVE playing Secret of Mana online so hit me up if you wanna set up something

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The patch has been released.

It's called Mario Kart 7 Ver. 1.1, and it's free to download at the Nitnendo eShop. However, you will have to update your 3DS (to Ver. 4.1.0-8U for the NTSC-U 3DS owners) before you can access the eShop.

The patch is categorized as 3DS Add-On Content, and uses 43 blocks on the SD card. It apparently only affects Online Multiplayer, since on the main menu, the version number is only displayed on that mode.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The patch has been released.

It's called Mario Kart 7 Ver. 1.1, and it's free to download at the Nitnendo eShop. However, you will have to update your 3DS (to Ver. 4.1.0-8U for the NTSC-U 3DS owners) before you can access the eShop.

The patch is categorized as 3DS Add-On Content, and uses 43 blocks on the SD card. It apparently only affects Online Multiplayer, since on the main menu, the version number is only displayed on that mode.
Does that imply the Maka Wuhu exploit can be used offline then? It's a bit confusing to me.

UberMario

Smash Master
The patch removed the respawn exploits on three tracks: Maka Wuhu, Wuhu Loop and GBA Bowser Castle 1. Enjoy watching countless people fail to do the shortcut, guys. :awesome:

Gatlin

You get the message:

"In order to use online services, a newer version of this software is required."

"Download the newest version of this software from the Nintendo eShop or other support software"

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I was wondering the same thing.
This is very nice. Nintendo actually did something right.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Based on the update description, starting tomorrow, you must have the update downloaded in order to continue to access Online Multiplayer.

I'm guessing the glitchers are just trying to pull off the glitches one last time, despite the fact that it's a futile effort.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Glad to see Nintendo finally fixing this kind of stuff as well. Might go back on MK7 online now

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
No way this game is still 90% luck compared to mkwii.
This game is fun but it doesn't take skill.

Thino

Smash Master
And considering that's what they're aiming for with every new installment, we can expect MKWU to have more kind of crazy items to unbalance the game

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I finally enjoyed Maka Wuhu online. I like using the Golden Mushroom for the underwater shortcut to the castle for a surprise first place. <3

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The patch removed the respawn exploits on three tracks: Maka Wuhu, Wuhu Loop and GBA Bowser Castle 1. Enjoy watching countless people fail to do the shortcut, guys. :awesome:
I'm guessing the glitchers are just trying to pull off the glitches one last time, despite the fact that it's a futile effort.
I've already seen that happen. Oh, it was magic.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
How would they even manage to do that? Didn't they read what they were downloading?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
But I mean it's the first thing it says when you click it, lol.
Ah well, humor is good.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Now they just need to beef mushrooms, nerf all shells, increase bullet bill speed and decrease it's derpyness and hitbox, nerf blue shells, take out troll items likes tails and fire flowers, add item balance so no last place single shroom and 3rd place triple shroom will occur, and remove all new characters because they are stupid.

Make it happen nintendo.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Now they just need to beef mushrooms, nerf all shells, increase bullet bill speed and decrease it's derpyness and hitbox, nerf blue shells, take out troll items likes tails and fire flowers, add item balance so no last place single shroom and 3rd place triple shroom will occur, and remove all new characters because they are stupid.

Make it happen nintendo.
I agree with most of this. However, I feel the shells are fine as is, and the God Shell's also fine. In the case of the latter, they just need to reduce its chances of appearing.

Gatlin

I do not agree with the removing of all new characters >:[
Just Metal Mario cuz his character and players annoy me
Wiggler can go too cuz who actually likes Wiggler

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I do not agree with the removing of all new characters >:[
Just Metal Mario cuz his character and players annoy me
Wiggler can go too cuz who actually likes Wiggler
Oh, right. I forgot Brickbox mentioned removing new characters. I don't mind Metal Mario, even though he's just Mario with Heavy stats and a different skin. It's Wiggler and Honey Queen I don't care for, and would rather they be removed in favor of better characters.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Considering the way that the patch is handled, I'm quite sure that all potential DLC contents will also be classified as 3DS Add-On Content. In other words, you must have an SD card, or else you can't use the extra contents.

Make it happen nintendo.
Shy Guy likes to have a word with you there. Anyway, I only really see Metal Mario getting dumped for the next installment.

Top Bottom