• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Speaking of Maka Wuhu, while I was in the Real(life) Karts community, I tried to see if my game contains the Maka Wuhu glitch too. Needless to say, it didn't work, and I ended up taking the normal route afterwards.

I know that I said that I don't like to glitch, but I had to see for myself why a lot of people are using it. And the result is, I can't pull off the glitch at all, so I'm completely screwed on that track; just another reason for me to greatly despise Maka Wuhu now.

Just keep in mind that this was in a "Mushrooms only" community, and NOT in a Worldwide room.
So, only certain cartridges of the game contain the glitch?

I can not pull off the glitch either so my game is probably like yours.

I hate how so many people choose maka wuhu cause of that glitch

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Every cartridge can pull off the glitch.
It just takes a little practice.

Msg needs to learn it D:
Practice up in TTs

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Every cartridge can pull off the glitch.
It just takes a little practice.

Msg needs to learn it D:
Practice up in TTs
The reason why I tried to perform the glitch in the Real(life) Karts community is because of the "Mushrooms only" rule. Because you can get mushrooms in 1st place at that community, I would think that getting the glitch down would be much easier. Unfortunately, it didn't work the way that I had hoped.

Sure I've heard that you don't even need a mushroom, but mushroom boosts do seem to improve the odds, especially if your combo's acceleration is lackluster.

Edit: Well, I did another Real(life) Karts community GP, and got Maka Wuhu again. That time, I was actually able to pull off that glitch. Apparently, I wasn't aiming at the right target, but at least I was able to get it with a mushroom boost. However, I didn't finish 1st, since someone was ahead of me when I attempted it.

Basically, I pulled off the glitch with a mushroom boost. Doing it without mushrooms is another story though.

Now obviously I won't use the glitch on Time Trials, since I want all of my best times to be glitch-free.

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
I wish they'd fix that glitch at least on wifi, as it gets really annoying when you play Maka Wuhu 3+ times in a row because people want to do the glitch.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wish they'd fix that glitch at least on wifi, as it gets really annoying when you play Maka Wuhu 3+ times in a row because people want to do the glitch.
I hear you. By now I only tolerate constant Maka Wuhu picks at the Real(life) Karts community, since you're guaranteed to get mushrooms, which in return, makes it easier to pull off this glitch.

Anywhere else, forget about it.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
my hands are pretty small and I dont find it that unconfortable.
Yink I want you as a 3ds friend ^.^ you should Vm your code :)?
I will when I get a little time. @_@ I'm so swamped with work right now and teaching too.

@Maka Wuhu glitch: I think it's absolutely something to complain about. The problem is Nintendo won't fix it. I'd complain if it got picked over and over (which it does).

It was sorta like the Grumble Volcano stuff, only imo not as bad.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
No prob, whenever you get a chance ^^'
I really haven't seen any maku wuhu spamming anymore. Honestly I see other tracks spammed way more often.
My thoughts on it is it's just a really short track, we just gotta be positive about it because nintendo is not gonna patch it.(I'd love to be proved wrong but I dont think they will ;_; )

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
On a different subject, I recently ran into a Japanese player who is often very easy to beat up, and appears to be present a lot on Wi-Fi. His name is...

At this point, I've raced against him over 70 times (a lot of the races occurred earlier today, but I got him last night), and of all of those races, he only won against me once. In other words, he's mostly all bark and no bite. Lastly, his VR range is 1000-2000, which is also perfect bait for getting into weaker rooms.

Most weak opponents that I race don't take long for me to lose. This guy may be a different story though, so I'll just have to wait and see if I can keep him on my radar; I did race against him for a good 2 hours this morning, so that might be a good start.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I still don't know why anyone would want to race against people with low vr when they are above 20k.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I don't know what the cap is for MK7 really. The highest I've seen so far has been 36k which was from someone in Japan. I'm guessing the cap is 99,999, but idk.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I don't know what the cap is for MK7 really. The highest I've seen so far has been 36k which was from someone in Japan. I'm guessing the cap is 99,999, but idk.
Wow, it would be interesting to see someone online with that high of VR lol.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
this is now the highest VR Ive even seen

[COLLAPSE="."]
[/COLLAPSE]
still represented my awesome clan and won, also beating some other clan that was working together :cool:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lately I've been thinking that the Roller tires are being underrated. I don't see very many Roller users on Wi-Fi, and the odd part is, you can't reach 4.75 acceleration with the Koopa Clown, Bruiser, and Zucchini without them.

I know that the Woods are better, overall, but it's still rather strange that you see more of the faster wheels than the slower wheels. I guess some people are way more obsessed with speed to even care about acceleration.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
^I agree
Roller wheels hang with all the high speed wheels because of MT and air and water speed.
I just wish they had better off road.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I have not even been on in a while.

When I get back on I'm gonna see how well the roller wheels work for me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
^I agree
Roller wheels hang with all the high speed wheels because of MT and air and water speed.
I just wish they had better off road.
Well, the Wood tires aren't exactly effective off the track either. After all, off-road has to be 4.5+ if you want to effectively use those off-road shortcuts without any mushrooms or stars.

On the other hand, off-road also affects traction, so the Woods do have the advantage over the Rollers there.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Yes! I've seen that. Very cool news indeed. I like the actual track but never got a chance to play on it all the way through because I never wanted to get last. Cool cool.

Wofls for breakfast!

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Now we can start complaining about wuhu loop since it has 2 spawn glitches. :D

UberMario

Smash Master
What took them so long, seriously Nintendo
Mario Kart 7 was not designed to be patched. They had to create a significant firmware update (which is still in progress) in order to manage to do so.

I also read that MK7 might be getting DLC, but I'm guessing that it was a mistranslation of the patch story.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Mario kart DLC? I hope it's better characters.
it would cost eshop money right?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
DLC sounds like a long stretch. At least all 3DS only content that the Nintendo Shop offers is stored onto your SD card.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I honestly can't see DLC coming to MK7. A patch to fix the exploits is enough for me, really, though I suppose reducing the odds of Blue Shell appearances would be nice too, but I'm happy with just the exploit patches.

Going back to the whole tire debate. My combo is Daisy/Bumble V/Wood/Paraglider. The Wood gives her 4.75 Acceleration, while giving 2.75 speed. While not stellar in the Speed department, reaching that .75 mark for her acceleration makes taking item hits less painful than most other character combos, and it provides her enough Off Road (3.75) to handle N64 Kalimari Desert, Neo Bowser City, DS DK Pass, and other Off Road-heavy tracks. Handling is 3.75, so turning and drifting are no problem. Her only real shortcoming is weight at 1.75, which isn't that big of an issue anyway.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I recently got the update to my 3DS, and downloaded it. This does make me wonder what will happen next though.

I honestly can't see DLC coming to MK7. A patch to fix the exploits is enough for me, really, though I suppose reducing the odds of Blue Shell appearances would be nice too, but I'm happy with just the exploit patches.

Going back to the whole tire debate. My combo is Daisy/Bumble V/Wood/Paraglider. The Wood gives her 4.75 Acceleration, while giving 2.75 speed. While not stellar in the Speed department, reaching that .75 mark for her acceleration makes taking item hits less painful than most other character combos, and it provides her enough Off Road (3.75) to handle N64 Kalimari Desert, Neo Bowser City, DS DK Pass, and other Off Road-heavy tracks. Handling is 3.75, so turning and drifting are no problem. Her only real shortcoming is weight at 1.75, which isn't that big of an issue anyway.
Off-road is actually "4" for that combo. However, off-road has to be 4.5+ (meaning that you have to use the Monster or Red Monster) if you want to effectively use those off-road shortcuts without any mushrooms.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
[GLOW]Off-road is actually "4" for that combo.[/GLOW] However, off-road has to be 4.5+ (meaning that you have to use the Monster or Red Monster) if you want to effectively use those off-road shortcuts without any mushrooms.
Oh, you're right. Well, then it makes the off road better than I had thought. You're still right about the Mushroom thing, although high Off-Road stat combos still suffer speed loss going off the track... just not as much as other combos with lower Off-Road.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh, you're right. Well, then it makes the off road better than I had thought. You're still right about the Mushroom thing, although high Off-Road stat combos still suffer speed loss going off the track... just not as much as other combos with lower Off-Road.
Another thing to keep in mind is that while you're drifting, a 4.5+ off-road combo can hold its drift on normal off-road when at full speed. 4.25 and lower will not work. Interestingly, there seems to only be four off-road levels, despite what the stats say...

Abysmal; 0.75 - 1.75; Slick, Gold Tires
Weak; 2 - 3; Mushroom, Roller, Slim
Average; 3.25 - 4.25; Standard, Sponge, Wood
Strong; 4.5 - 5.5; Monster, Red Monster

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Another thing to keep in mind is that while you're drifting, a 4.5+ off-road combo can hold its drift on normal off-road when at full speed. 4.25 and lower will not work.

That's pretty good to know, especially when racing in Mushroom-Only communities.
Interestingly, there seems to only be four off-road levels, despite what the stats say...

Abysmal; 0.75 - 1.75; Slick, Gold Tires
Weak; 2 - 3; Mushroom, Roller, Slim
Average; 3.25 - 4.25; Standard, Sponge, Wood
Strong; 4.5 - 5.5; Monster, Red Monster
I thought that bracket problem was relegated only to the Acceleration stat?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I thought that bracket problem was relegated only to the Acceleration stat?
Apparently not, because I've done a test involving a 4.25 off-road combo, and it did not hold its drift on normal off-road. I later used a 4.5 off-road combo, and it can drift on normal off-road. Off-road also affects traction, since the Roller tires skid more easily than the Wood tires.

So apparently, the wheels that you choose determine how well your combo will work off the track, along with how well they can handle slippery roads.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Apparently not, because I've done a test involving a 4.25 off-road combo, and it did not hold its drift on normal off-road. I later used a 4.5 off-road combo, and it can drift on normal off-road.

So apparently, the wheels that you choose determine how well your combo will work off the track.
My guess is that 4.5 and higher will be able to drift off the track, but the Off-Road stat itself helps to determine traction on normal surfaces that's considered Off-Road, including N64 Kalimari Desert, the rainy parts of Neo Bowser City, etc.. I'd like to think of drifting off track as more of a bonus for those who care to reach that high an Off-Road stat.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My guess is that 4.5 and higher will be able to drift off the track, but the Off-Road stat itself helps to determine traction on normal surfaces that's considered Off-Road, including N64 Kalimari Desert, the rainy parts of Neo Bowser City, etc.. I'd like to think of drifting off track as more of a bonus for those who care to reach that high an Off-Road stat.
At least for the Mushroom, Roller, and Slim, they all boost handling, which counters their weak traction.

The Slick and Gold Tires have it the worst, since not only are their handling stats bad, but their off-road is worse than that of the Mushroom, Roller, and Slim. This makes them very difficult to use on slippery terrain.

The Wood tires are the most efficient, since they boost handling, while keeping off-road at a manageable level.

The Standard and Sponge can vary, depending on your combo's handling strength.

The Monster and Red Monster have the best traction, despite being tied with the Slick and Gold Tires for the worst handling.

Top Bottom