• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Mario Enigma Machine [1.1.1] Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Luigi up-b 2 (aerial and ground) initial hitbox had this:
size=3.799999952316284
y=6.0
x=6.400000095367432
changed to this:
size=4.0
y=5.5
x=7.0

Luigi down b 3 got the same buffs as doc's.

Luigi D-smash part 1 kbg 80 -> 85
Luigi D-smash part 2 kbg 100 -> 104

Luigi down-b initial hitboxes hitlag 1.0x -> 1.3x
Luigi down-b final hitboxes kbg 130 -> 120, the 90 angle hitbox changed to angle 89.

Luigi d-throw growth 30 -> 83, base 75 -> 55.

Luigi dair spike hitbox size 1.8 -> 2.5
So for a fact Luigi's dash grab isn't laggier? It seemed really laggy when I tried it and it's supposed to be FAF 36.

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
Boy quit complain'! We all know Lucina's broke as f**k a*s deserved those nerfs. *snicker* :^)

It's not nerf Greninja, it's nerf Lucina!

Please don't let this become a new thing.
First we have people complaining about if their mains had recieved any changes whilst our man Thinkaman Thinkaman here is trying to put in the hard work to give us that data. And now we've got people trying to make jokes just in hope so they become popular.
If you want to do that stuff, please do it somewhere else.
Because this thread is for finding out the information of characters in the recent patch, not for making redundant jokes.
In the immortal words of Professor Oak, 'There is a time and place for everything, but not now!'

Besides, the Better Nerf Greninja joke died ages ago. It's just not funny any more.

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
So many custom move changes but is Palutena's Leightweight glitch is still there?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Luigi up-b 2 (aerial and ground) initial hitbox had this:
size=3.799999952316284
y=6.0
x=6.400000095367432
changed to this:
size=4.0
y=5.5
x=7.0

Luigi down b 3 got the same buffs as doc's.

Luigi D-smash part 1 kbg 80 -> 85
Luigi D-smash part 2 kbg 100 -> 104

Luigi down-b initial hitboxes hitlag 1.0x -> 1.3x
Luigi down-b final hitboxes kbg 130 -> 120, the 90 angle hitbox changed to angle 89.

Luigi d-throw growth 30 -> 83, base 75 -> 55.

Luigi dair spike hitbox size 1.8 -> 2.5
That dair spike hitbox means a lot, it is now more consistent to hit probably.

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
Thinkaman Thinkaman , when you say "no other changes" for a character does that exclude possible landing lag changes?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rosalina down-b 3 is 1 frame faster, technically 1.5. Rosalina side b 2 ends significantly faster. Rosalina Rapid jab damage from 2.0 to 1.7 I THINK; not sure, no idea what other repeating frame-1-subroutine Magic 2% hitbox Rosalina had.
Doing side-by-side comparison now.

Confirming that down-b 3 and side-b 2 have lower cooldowns.
And Rosalina's rapid jab indeed does a little bit less damage.

---

That frame shaved off of Guardian Luma enables Rosalina to short hop->guardian luma->perfect lunar-landed aerial.

Last edited:

Pib319

Smash Rookie
Dying to hear about the changes made with Link, might just have to wait til tomorrow.

I want to say something was changed with the first hit of his back air but it might just be placebo.

Last edited:

uns4fe

Smash Rookie
NNID
M4DSCRUB
I'm pretty sure he means that both kicks combo off DThrow consistently.
Both hits connected before too at low percents (which is the time dthrow nair works)

At higher percents is when nair wasnt that good and wouldnt connect

SadRobot

Banned via Warnings
I have a possible change. I can't confirm or deny this as I lack a second wii u or 3ds setup.

I believe that random input delay may have been in smash 4 from 1.0.0 to 1.1.0 and I think it may have been either entirely removed or altered in 1.11.

Either that or they somehow reduced the delay on button press to -> action time by either increasing the poll rate or some other iffy change.

I doubt that this change would be listed or verifiable but I know this could be tested by somebody with 2 equal setups (1 pre 1.11 the other on 1.11)

I know the community is going to call "placebo", this is why I am saying its a possible change.

I first noticed it when playing dr.mario. He felt so much more responsive I thought they must have buffed his data until I tried other characters.

Every single character feels noticeably more responsive to me, even the heavyweights with bad frame data like Dedede and Bowser, as well as the high tiers with fast frame data.

Anyways, all I ask is that people don't take this is as placebo or troll post. I have been playing this game on the lowest current Ben Q on the market since release.

Controller used was a gamecube.

Thread link: http://smashboards.com/threads/possible-major-unlisted-change-to-sm4sh-engine.419104/

Last edited:

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
That dair spike hitbox means a lot, it is now more consistent to hit probably.
It is very significant, I am landing Dair spikes easier than I ever have before. Another thing to note: all they did was take away Luigi's downthrow that was magic and replace it with Mario's. In other words, so far it's weight dependent, but Down throw to Uptilt works in a repetitive fashion such as Mario's bnb.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Link up-b 2 got a bunch of hitbox upgrades: does 16% from 14%, 11/2% from 9%, has some new 14% hitboxes, 8% from 7%, 6% from 5%. No other changes.

Kirby Ice Breath has the hitboxes moved forward slightly. The 6% hitbox angle was changed 40 -> 30, bkb 50 -> 40, size 7 -> 7.5.
Kirby aerial side-b 2 wkb 20 -> 50, 2nd hit hitboxes changed in priority to make the 17% hitbox a targeted sweetspot (similar to the previous sheik fair change)
Ditto on the grounded version of Kirby side-b 2. (sweespot)
Kirby had some frame speed multiplier added to make somethign unknown 5 frames faster. No clue.

Ike counter #3 kbg 100 -> 70, bkb 48 -> 90
Ike Eruption
Ike Eruption #2 uncharged does 5% from 1%, the hitboxes last 2 more frames, and the move ends 4 frames faster.
Ike Eruption #2 charged initial windboxes last 2 frames longer and are adjusted backwards a tiny bit; later ones last 3 frames longer total, move ends 4 frames faster
Ike Eruption #2 max charg initial windboxes last 2 frames longer and are adjusted backwards a tiny bit; later ones last 3 frames longer total, move ends 2 frames faster
Ike Eruption #3 uncharged sweetspot size 7.0-> 8.5, adjusted upwards, first hitbox lasts 10 frames from 12, second hitbox lasts 15 frames from 12
Ike Eruption #3 charged sweetspot size 8.0 -> 10.0, adjsuted upwards, first hitbox lasts 14 frames from 16, second hitbox lasts 19 frames from 16
Ike Eruption #3 max charged sweetspot size 10-> 12.5, adjusted upwards, sourspot size 15 -> 16, adjusted upwards, first hitbox lasts 14 frames from 16, second hitbox lasts 19 frames from 16

Ganon nair remade considerably. Very complex change, lots of hitboxes moved around. Initial hitboxes of hit 2 now do 10% from 9%, and 120 kbg from 100.

DK neutral B 1, 2, and 3 no longer does 2 bonus shield damage.
DK side b 1 and 3 do 25 bonus shield damage from 30.

That's a wrap for moveset files, folks. There may be changes to params, such as FAF numbers, but we need dant's dump for that.

Last edited:

Onett Hiko

Smash Rookie
NNID
Baajime
i was playing a 7 hour training session with a friend mostly using ZSS and we both had noticed that her neutral air range was nerfed and that booster kick went from doing 13~% to 16%. this was of course after we patched it, although it could be placebo effect since we're both super tired but would like someone to check it out and confirm if she was changed at all.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
My nonsense change listed for Bowser Jr. jab was actually 14 frames off of the cooldown of Neutral B 3, sorry about that.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
i was playing a 7 hour training session with a friend mostly using ZSS and we both had noticed that her neutral air range was nerfed and that booster kick went from doing 13~% to 16%. this was of course after we patched it, although it could be placebo effect since we're both super tired but would like someone to check it out and confirm if she was changed at all.
We're pretty certain neither of those things would've/could've changed. Personally I saw no damage differences, a fresh boost kick has always done 16% (2x uair -> boostkick is 32% in training mode).

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
So, with the fact that Luigi now has Mario's Down Throw (basically), you can go for Dthrow Up air strings just like Mario, and then condition them to start air dodging them, and get a double jump up B instead. #LuigiNotDeadYet

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I tested Fox's throws:
fthrow: 4.0% first hit, 3.0% second hit
bthrow: 2.0% throw, 2.0% per laser (8.0% total)
uthrow: 2.0% throw, 2.0% per laser (8.0% total)
dthrow: 1.0% throw, 2.0% per laser (7.0% total)

Unchanged from previous versions.

D

Deleted member

Toon Link only has a single change to custom up-b 2 on the ground--it has 6 hitboxes instead of 1, they all seem stronger than before, one of them does 11% instead of 10%.
I was looking at this on my updated Wii U and prepatch 3DS, and it seems to me like upb2 also moves farther on the ground, assuming FD is the same (other than obvious things like the blastzones) in both versions. Or would you have found any changes with its distance?

Pictures I took of Toon Link's spot after using two grounded upb2s from the very end of FD:
Pre-patch 3DS:
20150930_024130-1.jpg

Post-patch Wii U:
12038372_1635071086781200_3856075180725519859_n.jpg

Pib319

Smash Rookie
Link up-b 2 got a bunch of hitbox upgrades: does 16% from 14%, 11/2% from 9%, has some new 14% hitboxes, 8% from 7%, 6% from 5%. No other changes.
I was wondering when the electric one would get buffed, ever since the normal one got buffed it did just as much damage as the custom electric. Looks like Sakurai finally got around to making it better. All in all can't say I'm too disappointed with Link, as long as he doesn't get nerfed I'm happy.

Horseketchup

Smash Cadet
This is actually awesome that to compensate for the loss of luigi's dthrow cyclone they buffed dair, and I guess up-b has an easier to land hitbox too. This will make for a more interesting playstyle imo, changing up how the character plays without just simply nerfing him. I'll take offstage spikes and shoryu kills over that one overpowered grab setup.

Kienamaru

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kienamaru
3DS FC
2337-6342-5688
Switch FC
6100 0383 6350
Odd. You mentioned that Robin had some fsm changes but never got into that? I hope they sped something up...

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
I was wondering when the electric one would get buffed, ever since the normal one got buffed it did just as much damage as the custom electric. Looks like Sakurai finally got around to making it better. All in all can't say I'm too disappointed with Link, as long as he doesn't get nerfed I'm happy.
Uthrow knockback is nerfed

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
For all the shield breaker changes, How is charge affected? Like if I'm not mistaken Max charge is 50 Shield Damage, Is it still 50? or is it 45 or something? What about half charges and such?

Apologies if I missed a post explaining it earlier or something.

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Since I suspect more than a few of us may be confused by this... what exactly do 'frame speed multiplier' changes infer, when you tell us a character such as Robin has these? Anything we can manually help test once we know what they are?

EDIT: Clicked the wrong button, wasn't finished talking yet. Ah, thank you for going through all this stuff so fast Thinkaman Thinkaman , it's a big help!

Last edited:

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
Thinkaman Thinkaman Did the angle on Luigi's Downthrow change as a result of the knockback changes? Looking at Mario's frame data, they literally just made Luigi's downthrow match his brothers, but it's tailored to his height. I'm wondering if this changes the trajectory angle because going from 80° to something like 68° (Mario's) or under would be a drastic change.

NEKO'

Smash Rookie
NNID
Moaksey
Don't quote me on this but, i've been testing rosalina's upair on prepatch and after patch.
on Ike starting on 0%.
Dthrow-->uair(sweetspot) -->Uair(sweetspot) 37% total (this is 1.1.1)
Dthrow -->uair(sweetspot) -->Uair(sourspot) 32% total (this is 1.1.0)
is her uair sweetspot easier to hit?
pretty sure this is placebo but would love someone else to test this.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Thinkaman Thinkaman Did the angle on Luigi's Downthrow change as a result of the knockback changes? Looking at Mario's frame data, they literally just made Luigi's downthrow match his brothers, but it's tailored to his height. I'm wondering if this changes the trajectory angle because going from 80° to something like 68° (Mario's) or under would be a drastic change.
Nope!

Don't quote me on this but, i've been testing rosalina's upair on prepatch and after patch.
on Ike starting on 0%.
Dthrow-->uair(sweetspot) -->Uair(sweetspot) 37% total (this is 1.1.1)
Dthrow -->uair(sweetspot) -->Uair(sourspot) 32% total (this is 1.1.0)
is her uair sweetspot easier to hit?
pretty sure this is placebo but would love someone else to test this.
Nope!

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
This is actually awesome that to compensate for the loss of luigi's dthrow cyclone they buffed dair, and I guess up-b has an easier to land hitbox too. This will make for a more interesting playstyle imo, changing up how the character plays without just simply nerfing him. I'll take offstage spikes and shoryu kills over that one overpowered grab setup.
Well...dair spike increase is kind of eh since the d throw increased growth set up for it makes it harder to set up the spike. And the hitbox for up b is only for the custom up b firey ump punch...which still stinks. (People do underestimate how potent jab to up b is though which was unchanged thank Arceus.) what we DID gain for Luigi was d throw to up b grounded on fast fallers only at 0 percent, so that's a free 31% at least. And a slightly stronger d smash but u smash is still superior

Ambler

Smash Rookie
For all the shield breaker changes, How is charge affected? Like if I'm not mistaken Max charge is 50 Shield Damage, Is it still 50? or is it 45 or something? What about half charges and such?

Apologies if I missed a post explaining it earlier or something.
I'm very curious about this too, the fact that there seem to have been a few attacks changed to be weaker on shield sort of implies that shields might be weaker overall as well? I don't remember reading anything about it so far but it would sorta explain a bit, as a pretty major discussion has been shields lasting too long/being too safe.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
First time since vanilla that Sonic hasn't been nerfed. Awesome.
Any data on Little Mac? I didn't see him in the dis-confirmed list either. :applejack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom