• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Iunno. I mean, most stages don't really hate me, and I don't hate them, like Matador said, depends on opp and char to me. I just wanted to know, let's say your up against a D3, of course flat stages would be gayastic, but like l wanted to know what will it come down to, stages like FD, CS, DP you know... I mean unless the character obviously does well like Diddy Kong on FD then obv l will ban it lol..

And before l didn't know you can ban neutrals lmao.. so gay =(.. maybe lm just inhuman lol.

hippieedit: anyone seem fascinated when you ruin snake's stage control with nades with just a simple fludd? So amusing lol.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Am I the only Mario that routinely uses dtilt? I really don't see whats to bad about it. Read your opponents reaction correctly and its a free grab. Nearly always. If they jump towards you, depending on the character either crouch to avoid - or sidestep > utilt.

If they go away, depending on the character I think you can get a dash attack.

A lot of aerial chains end perfectly into a dtilt - then you can do the above options that can reset their poor situation.

I ****ing love dtilt <3

But I think there is something I'm missing.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I use Dtilt unintentionally...and sometimes it works...most of the time it's just a big dummy head...I believe it has a use...but it's not exactly the best option at the time...

Edit: I'm really diggin' how everyone is using that avatar now...lol

Veggi

Smash Champion
Dtilt lol

The opponent can actually hit you before you get out of the lag from that move, lol. It's like up tilt but worse in every way. However, you can do dtilt fsmash if for some reason they don't do anything. Now up tilt can't do that.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Depends if you hit with the tip, and what character they are. <_< I've yet to be punished if you just tip with it......... by the time they drift close enough to you, you are out of the lag. If they are focused on getting of your juggle - it leads to a dash attack AFAIK, and its a neat ending to an aerial string. Catches opponents offguard.

Because everyone thinks dtilt sucks, so no one expects you to use it xD

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Am I the only Mario that routinely uses dtilt? I really don't see whats to bad about it. Read your opponents reaction correctly and its a free grab. Nearly always. If they jump towards you, depending on the character either crouch to avoid - or sidestep > utilt.

If they go away, depending on the character I think you can get a dash attack.

A lot of aerial chains end perfectly into a dtilt - then you can do the above options that can reset their poor situation.

I ****ing love dtilt <3

But I think there is something I'm missing.
No, you're not the only one. D-tilt is actually useful.

Yes, it's good for high% setups, but you overlook one thing. Mario has a very low crouch (as long as he doesn't do that silly animation, you can duck under Falco's blaster). Attacking out of crouch is quite cool honestly. D-tilt also surprises the **** out of ppl who mess up edgecamping.

D-tilt also has more range than Jab, and hits lower (shieldpoke).

vato_break

Smash Master
Nah, I saw your results in pools, 4th place, 2-0 some people, good ****. Even got MikeHAZE to game 3, revenge from losing to him in Mario dittos? xD

Good stuff vato, see you at Race's <3
thanks dude means alot his marth is even more gay since the last time i played it lol i tried though =/ i beat tc in a set though so thats kool i guess...ill try to make it ^_^

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Man, I totally suspected that something like this would come up. But I could never properly test this because the timing is INSANE.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237785

IM fuxxing training my Mario's *** off, because I am looking highly forward to low tier singles/dubz more than reg singles/dubz, making my ****ing godam Mario push to its limits for this shiz and l never entered a low tiers before lol... and somehow 60 ppl pre-reg for this ****.. Kirin, we has to step our donuts game up (esp me :( )

and and and, Mario/link is something l'm looking forward to. ****boner status.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Get at double Mario.

FIRE DEPARTMENT ALL DAY SON.

We can practice at Knightmare's this Friday if you want to.
Also, I'll be coming to that a bit late. Something came up and I have to come in to work that day. I get out around 5pm and I work in Huntington so Will is gonna come pick me up and bring me there.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I already posted this in the metagame discussion thread, but i guess no one saw it.

This might be worth looking into for Mario: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=240920. This might work for Mario because his cape alters his momentum (and so does FLUDD?).

The Fox boards already found a way to use this, too: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=240983.
I believe I do use this from time to time when I'm caping shields; it's definately much safer to hover back out of range, but it's not as aggressive as maintaining forward momentum (in that situation anyways). The timing really isn't that bad, and it's a lot easier to do with B-sticking.

That being said, it's a mild positioning tool at best.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Double Mario team is legit. Matador and I ****
That's funny, because BO X7 and I were just discussing how Mario is really good in teams. Like high tier in teams easily.

I dunno if it's just me, but Mario seems to be pretty well balanced in 4 player environments. In BO X7's experience, Mario is pretty durable in teams, rarely dying unless gimped.

D-smash is awesome in teams as a gtfo move. Only if your teammate accidentally steps into the back hit, they don't get ***** by it like they would if you were MK.

In general, Mario's speed helps him deal damage very fast in teams. F-smash and Up-smash are still useful as ever for KO moves, except maybe even more useful.

And then Cape is ****.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I've always said Mario was **** in teams, no one would listen to me ^^

I've had bad experience with double Marios though... so usually Mario + not Mario is **** :D

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Some of my favorite matches to watch are Boss' teams matches as Mario.

Like vs Azen + Chillin n whatnot. 2v2 gimps are amazing too.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
That's funny, because BO X7 and I were just discussing how Mario is really good in teams. Like high tier in teams easily.

I dunno if it's just me, but Mario seems to be pretty well balanced in 4 player environments. In BO X7's experience, Mario is pretty durable in teams, rarely dying unless gimped.
Bo's Mario is **** in teams.

Bo I want my Mario dittoes next CoB. And also if you know anyone who needs a teammate, tell me, I need one for Brawl.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I already posted this in the metagame discussion thread, but i guess no one saw it.

This might be worth looking into for Mario: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=240920. This might work for Mario because his cape alters his momentum (and so does FLUDD?).

The Fox boards already found a way to use this, too: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=240983.

Would be more useful than just momentum canceling aerial (Uair), then jumping and reversing a cape for a rising cape? (That's usually what I end up doing, and it seems to work.)

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I agree, Mario is friggin' amazing in teams. He can rack up damage with his plumber combos and he can't be gimped or have gay stuff happen to him as easily as in a singles match. Plus his smashes are good for kills.

Double Mario DOES work. :p

Top Bottom