• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Double Mario is pretty great.

Mario could be like, top 3 in teams. Damage+Gimps+Doesn't get gimped easily+Kills. This pretty much means he can assume any role in a teams match (tank, damage racker, etc.) and do well.

Someone needs to make a Doubles Tier list.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I'll have to agree with Bo here...not only are you at the mercy of heavier characters who don't run into your Fsmash over and over, but ranged characters are easily zoning the **** out of you and your stage control as a team leaves something to be desired.

He's a pretty incredible teams character, but that's because he compliments so well. That's my opinion though, I don't even like teams that much. I hate relying on others or having them rely on me -_-

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Dubz infinitely funner than singles at least imo lol.

AND DAM PEOPLE 2 DAYS WITH NO DISCUSSION IN THE GD THREAD??? STEP YO GAME UP PEOPLE.

**** people, can you like critique and make fun of my mario in the rate my mario thread pls? XD

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I love losing to a good Ness. I feel like they earned it.

And apparently, so does Frank, Skyler, and Hippie. :mad:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
D: You shouldn't go there on a person man... not being able to beat Ness with Mario is just like. Bad. Especially if they main Mario.

Anyway, FLUDD > Ness.
heh, the matchup isn't THAT bad...

Also, there are way to avoid the FLUDD ****.
Sadly, those ways usually allow for different gimps lol.

Finally, are you guys talking about online or offline? Gimping is harder online, so the MUs usually tend to be better for Mario's enemies.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I'm talking about in general, if Ness uses Up-B there's no way to avoid a good FLUDD, since we can RAR as we jump off the stage and Fludd them if they try to recover low.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
heh, the matchup isn't THAT bad...

Also, there are way to avoid the FLUDD ****.
Sadly, those ways usually allow for different gimps lol.

Finally, are you guys talking about online or offline? Gimping is harder online, so the MUs usually tend to be better for Mario's enemies.
Don't talk like that.

The matchups really IS that bad. Ness can't recover online. That alone makes it a "lol" matchup.

Also, Bo too good. 9th? :lick: Good ****.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Gooooooood Shiz Bo. You beat Kirk, lol. Bet he was all :(:(:(

i hate ness
I do too yung skywalker

Don't talk like that.

The matchups really IS that bad. Ness can't recover online. That alone makes it a "lol" matchup.
pfft, Vicegrip can recover fine online. No johns.

IMO, he should be ranked higher. Not too much higher, but a bit.
I agree, but I'm pretty confident Bo ***** Arty's shiz.

....Quoting different people is the closest I'll ever get to multi-orgasmic :(

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Don't talk like that.

Also, Bo too good. 9th? :lick: Good ****.

Heh, never tried Ness online, so I wouldn't know. I just know I can't gimp worth **** on Wifi...

Also, isn't the MU only 55-45? (The only Ness' I've played online weren't as good as me, not that I'm all that great, so I'm just relying on the MU numbers.)

Matt07

Smash Master
I just want to say two things...

1. I'm going to see Harry Potter tonight can't wait, the books were friggen awesome, and the movies never dissapointed me.

2. Metroid Metal is an amazing band and if you want sweet metal remixes of some good old Metroid songs :).

The Ending song (here) is possibly my favourite song 2:14 is epic :).

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I personally didn't like the harry potter movies much, lmao.

They are pretty horrible actors. I've only ever liked the last whole fight scene of the 5th movie...I hear the new movie is really good though...like they took a new direction or something.

I got a new MSN thingy. msg me peoplez. I need contacts, lol

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I don't even know. It's all new to me. hold on, I'll edit this post with the name

Actually, it's on the little side bar under my avatar.

John dorian XD

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
Smashboards Name: Condemned_soul
Birthday: January 28th
Height and weight: 5'11" 251lbs
Current location: Detroit, Michigan
Systems you own: PS3, Gamecube, and Xbox 360
Last couple of games you played aside from Brawl: Melee, legend of Zelda: ocarina of time/Majora's Mask , Mario Kart 64, Megaman X, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Resident evil 5
Smash Rival: I don't have one but i am looking
Next big thing you are looking forward to: International Academy of Design and Technology
What are you doing right now: On the boards while watching Dark night

Dory

Smash Journeyman
Hi

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Smashboards Name: Condemned_soul
Birthday: January 28th
Height and weight: 5'11" 251lbs
Current location: Detroit, Michigan
Systems you own: PS3, Gamecube, and Xbox 360
Last couple of games you played aside from Brawl: Melee, legend of Zelda: ocarina of time/Majora's Mask , Mario Kart 64, Megaman X, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Resident evil 5
Smash Rival: I don't have one but i am looking
Next big thing you are looking forward to: International Academy of Design and Technology
What are you doing right now: On the boards while watching Dark night
That makes a Mario main in every state for Midwest East.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I think you guys are right, why the hell am I wasting my time with Mario when I'm not even good with him? I think I'll do much better playing MK from now on.

EDIT: Btw I'm serious. In case anybody was wondering.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
well my mario is pretty good right now. The ONLY reason i wont fight about my mario being up to par with the other elite marios is because i dont have a wii myself.

XeroXen do not let your faith in mario fade. I have been at the phase a while ago. I got through it by practicing harder then what i used to and now i am up to par with my friends. Mario has a way of getting out of any predicament. remember this....MARIO F.T.W.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
To be honest, I think so far that MW Marios all tend to be pretty good.

Mine is without a doubt the worst one I'd say, and it's still good enough to get me some tourney wins.

Granted, from what I hear Bo X7 seems to be the best, but all of them ****. (1der's Mario is really weird though. He makes it look so much easier than it is. I still have to practice some of the stuff he showed me...)

Top Bottom