• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I tested it myself awhile ago. It definitely works on Fox. I think Falco falls too fast for it to be a true combo though.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
That sounds good Fire! I want to get in on that if you are taking others in the video. You could record a bunch of Mario games from all the Mario's at Apex.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'd like to actually have some actual tournament videos rather then some random online matches. It all depends on if I can start uploading again.

Fire, i've had an idea of making a video to help mario's metagame out but, i just don't have the best recording stuff. If you're interested, let me know. otherwise i'll probably get it done soon i just don't know when
Yes please. I don't like my recorder either, but at least I can record.

Maybe for my first video I'll do a major summary of Mario 2011. Monks topic should help a bit lol

steep

Smash Lord
would fthrow -> sh fireball -> fthrow be more or less reliable than fthrow -> fthrow? is the fireball worth it? or is the hitstun too insignificant to be able to set up the second fthrow?

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-Fthrow can really open many posibilities in some matchups, for example, i tend to use this against Falco and D3: Fthrow x2 > Dair/UTilt/Regrab/Oos Usmash/, basically, u can do almost anything you want, i can sometimes combo D3 from 0% to 60-70% from a Fthrow, so, it's important to know how to use it, it can setup jablocks too : ) -

vato_break

Smash Master
Fthrow vs character like snake are staple if you want gimp imo. You should know that dair on sheild is kind of a gimick, it will poke because people don't sheild tilt and it will connect well because people don't Sdi right. Approaching with dair is also very pivotgrabable.

steep

Smash Lord
Flameleon I sent you a message on AiB. We should play some Mario dittos sometime! Let me know when you are on wifi and I'll try to catch you. I'm open to play any Mario btw. The more practice, the better!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Steep man, good luck, lol.

Saw your pool. Marth, Kassy's MK, Ill's Peach and forget who megalodin is. Playing Kassy's MK with Mario was kinda dumb last time I did it and I played close friendlies with Ill's Peach forever ago and Marth is Marth, but you're better at that MU than I am.

Stay patient and you should do okay.

steep

Smash Lord
lol thanks juu. yeah here is my pool:

Pool 74

Illmatic - Peach
KassandraNova - MK/Peach
Darc - MK
me - Mario…
FGCU Megalodon - idk

You said Darc plays Marth? Ah. lol well I think I can do it. I'm practicing with Dark Peach all day before the tourney because we are teaming. And he said he would show me what to do for Illmatic LOL.

Would you guys think less of me if I went Olimar on some of these MUs?...

boss8

Smash Hero
yea i hope so to....maybe someone will drop out or jus not show up...in order for me to take a spot,thats what will hafe to happen...im in brawl teams though....and melee singles...

its kinda my fault for waiting last min....but ill tell u guys the story in person...

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I'm guessing you can take Inferno's spot if he's not going. But then you'd have to play Kirin. That would be epic.

BSP

Smash Legend
Shugo
Da1AndOnlySonic
KirinBlaze
SMM1
Inferno

Right there, pool 32

As Fire! said, you vs. Kirin would be epic

steep

Smash Lord
Thanks for the support guys. I will rep Mario. And yeah Boss I agree my pool does look pretty easy. I was hyped when I saw it. If I play smart and pick when to use Olimar/Luigi/Mario well I think I could get out fairly easily. Darc is the only one I don't know whether I can beat or not. Who did he use against you Boss?

That's ok Veggi, irl friends before mains right? ;) Could you at least tell me who he mains? (talking about Megalodon)

BSP

Smash Legend
i jus asked an i cant take his spot....due to me being a 2nd seed,and him being a 4th seed =/
You just had to be too good, didn't you?

:glare:

What would be more epic?

Mario dittos are pretty awesome

But Mario vs. Luigi is....Mario vs. Luigi

Tough call.

Top Bottom