• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Famous

Smash Champion
im honestly starting to like mario more then luigi now.....

its just killing with mario is prob the biggest issue i have right now...

i save my Usmash for later and just rack up some dmg in the meantime...

mario is so ****...him and his amazing dair on your shield pokes>Ftilt xD
Lol, Will...You should have seen my Mario at that NC tourney...You were too into Melee though. My semi-blazed Mario is brolic

SKidd

Smash Master
i still don't know how to fight falco

it's like you predict him and **** but there's just nothin you can do

steep

Smash Lord

Yeah. I played Sorasin in bracket last weekend and got rocked. He said that when fighting against Mario it's really easy for Falco to keep him out. Mario can't reliably get in against Falco, since he doesn't really have any incredibly disjointed moves, etc. I feel like this is a MU where we must be very creative in how we get inside and we also must be very careful not to put ourselves into the situation where Falco can get an early kill/gimp or a crazy combo string.

Also, boss I would really like to play you and get some pointers on my Mario at apex.

Veggi

Smash Champion

Example 1: This Falco's gonna spot dodge, I'm gonna hit him with an fmash when his spot dodge ends. Awww...man. Missed the timing. There goes half my stock.

Example 2: He's going to side b now, I can feel it. Awww man...I missed the super tight timing/hit him when he was invincible. Oh well.

Example 3: I know when these lasers are coming, I'm just going to cape them back at him and try to counter camp with my fireballs. Awww...man, my caped lasers just go under his short hops and he has enough time to reflect my fireballs.

Example 4: Alright, I'm trying to recover and I know he's trying to edgehog me so I'll just cape and up b because my up b will carry me more than enough distance to get back. Alright I just up b'd and...he dropped off and hit me with his dumb bair and retained invincibility from the edge.

Example 5: Okay, I just up b'd and he's getting off the edge so I should be fine. Falco...go faster...Falco you...roll off the edge faster...ahhhhhh :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

BSP

Smash Legend
Missing the phantasm timing is on us though, and we can fix that.

We'd be so much better if all of our "I missed the timing...:facepalm:" was "hah, nailed him again! gg"

steep

Smash Lord
His side b isn't that hard to deal with honestly. Cape/Fireball/Usmash and especially Nair easily can beat it. Most Falcos that I've seen, even pro Falcos, are predictable with their side b's.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You guys are lucky, the Falcos I play are really good with their Side B.

vato_break

Smash Master
Just don't get grabbed and you have a chance. against sideB, you can always b reverse-fireball and falco will go under you and you'll be able to punish. Also sometimes you just can't punish so don't try to. Falco is most vulnerable in the very beginning, the middle and in the end. If they are sideB happy, condition them and ****.

BSP

Smash Legend
Fludding phantasm is really effective too

And if you get grabbed, make sure you DI the spike. If you don't, you give Falco a 50/50 for killing you at 60%.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I do my best to outcamp Falco when playing the MU.

It generally works.

Of course I'm sheik and not Mario

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ones that seem to think not banning Delfino against me is a good idea.

Basically outcamping Falco as Sheik revolves around aerial needling, since it goes in on that angle and can beat reflector due to being multi-hit and reflector being moving.

I could see that being done (less effectively) with Mario due to the angle fireballs come down at, buffed a little by having the cape.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Either way, falcos are done for off stage against mario in three ways....

-Cape
-Fludd
-Nair

How you want it? :smirk:

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Just don't get grabbed and you have a chance. against sideB, you can always b reverse-fireball and falco will go under you and you'll be able to punish. Also sometimes you just can't punish so don't try to. Falco is most vulnerable in the very beginning, the middle and in the end. If they are sideB happy, condition them and ****.

Pretty much it. Try some empty defensive hops, see if you can bait something, getting a KO can be difficult at times.

Top Bottom